S. Carpenter

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  36
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

Because I only was told on the Welcome Board that I had posted in the "wrong forum" but didn't have help from anyone (like someone moving it and pointing me to the new thread) but some just got upset that as a brand new member I couldn't tell that I should not write there, I am starting this topic. However, to be fair, I am copying all I posted over there, here. Thanks for your patience.

This part is from me, S. Carpenter.

I saw this in one of the General posts:

"I've heard the expression many times "Just speak into their life......" What does it mean to you and how, practically do you do it?"

I wanted to speak to this issue (not "into" the issue) and couldn't as I am new on these boards. So, this will be my opening volley.

The use of this phrase "speaking into someone's life" started because of false teaching from many of the more high profile false teachers in American Christianity. It came from the notorious notion that because God literally, spoke the universe INTO existence, that we can also "speak" things "into" existence. The name of this false teaching is variously known as "the little gods doctrine".

It is very bad grammar and even worse theology. I refuse to use the phrase on both counts. One does not speak "into" anyone's life as one would vomit "into" anyone's lap. The latter can actually be done, the former cannot.

Speaking something "into" existence is the privilege and ability only of GOD. There are billions of human beings. There is only ONE GOD.

Stop using this phrase unless you believe you are God.

One response I got, from a super senior member who has apparently "graduated to heaven" wrote this "helpful" comment:

Omegaman 3.0  Graduated to Heaven  10.3k  Gender:Male  Location:Antipode of Burckle Crater  Posted July 26

S. Carpenter, pick up this topic in another area, this is the welcome area, not a place for topical discussion.

Wow. Okay. So, here it is December 31st, 2022, and there were nice comments which I liked and sometimes answered, but still couldn't see it getting moved anywhere. So I'm attempting, for the second time, with no help or instruction to start this topic OFF the Welcome Forum. Hope it works. Sincerely.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.54
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

It seems you figured it out. Post away.

:-)

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Alive said:

It seems you figured it out. Post away.

Thanks. Took only 6 months. Are there no tutorials or people who can explain the layout of these forums?

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.54
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

1 minute ago, S. Carpenter said:

Thanks. Took only 6 months. Are there no tutorials or people who can explain the layout of these forums?

No…but you will get it as you explore around over time. It is similar to other forums and exactly like some.

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

11 hours ago, S. Carpenter said:

Pretty easy to figure out just by reading the title. For example, if the forum reads "welcome" forum, well that's pretty self explanatory, I mean in real life you wouldn't dive into a deep theological discussion with someone you first met would you? No you'd introduce yourself. Hence the name "welcome" it's where new members can meet and greet with the current members and get to know each other.

From there just look at the forum titles....find the title that your topic of discussion matches the closed and post there. If your not sure, go into the forum and usually the first or second pinned topic gives a brief overview of that forum. If you still can't find a forum that matches the topic you wish to start, then put it in the general forum. If a mod thinks it's a bad fit they can move it.

:D

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,573
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

15 hours ago, S. Carpenter said:

Because I only was told on the Welcome Board that I had posted in the "wrong forum" but didn't have help from anyone (like someone moving it and pointing me to the new thread) but some just got upset that as a brand new member I couldn't tell that I should not write there, I am starting this topic. However, to be fair, I am copying all I posted over there, here. Thanks for your patience.

One response I got, from a super senior member who has apparently "graduated to heaven" wrote this "helpful" comment:

Wow. Okay. So, here it is December 31st, 2022, and there were nice comments which I liked and sometimes answered, but still couldn't see it getting moved anywhere. So I'm attempting, for the second time, with no help or instruction to start this topic OFF the Welcome Forum. Hope it works. Sincerely.

Well, a belated welcome to you at wherever this thread might be, LOL.

I too find it confuses me, but then I am left handed.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/31/2022 at 1:13 PM, Alive said:

No…but you will get it as you explore around over time. It is similar to other forums and exactly like some.

Thank you for the answer. I have another question because I see you have a logo of something others also have a logo of under their profile pictures:

Interesting logo of a Lion. What does it designate? (it's in the same place as the "graduated to heaven" sign was on someone else's)

• Interesting! 1

On 1/1/2023 at 12:18 AM, The_Patriot21 said:

Pretty easy to figure out just by reading the title. For example, if the forum reads "welcome" forum, well that's pretty self explanatory, I mean in real life you wouldn't dive into a deep theological discussion with someone you first met would you? No you'd introduce yourself. Hence the name "welcome" it's where new members can meet and greet with the current members and get to know each other.

From there just look at the forum titles....find the title that your topic of discussion matches the closed and post there. If your not sure, go into the forum and usually the first or second pinned topic gives a brief overview of that forum. If you still can't find a forum that matches the topic you wish to start, then put it in the general forum. If a mod thinks it's a bad fit they can move it.

:D

I thought it should be possible for a mod to move a topic if it's a bad fit. I have certainly seen it done in many other forums. That's why I was so shocked when, as a BRAND new member of the site and it's forums, I was only told what bad form it was for me to ask a question (a noob question at that) on a "Welcome" forum. Well, okay, but it seemed appropriate to me. Noobs tend to be clueless. I was hoping there might be either a mod who would move my question (since several made it clear they thought I had put the question in the wrong spot) or one who would just give me a bit of a break and explain to me how to make my own topic in the right place about this.

Instead I got people doing their best to be "nice" or "christian" in the general sense, about it, but pretty obviously irritated at me for not - as a BRAND new person here - knowing immediately how to use this place. Someone kind explained privately that I had to have between 3 and 5 posts (or comments, as I would see it, not "posts" as in individual topics) before I could even get OFF the Welcome forum in the first place.

So, do you see the convolution of this? That's why I was hoping there would be some kind of tutorial I could go study. Even an introduction to new people to the forum would be helpful. Anything you can point me to?

Oh, and is pointing someone to another topic or discussion, rude or bad form?

Thanks for whatever you're willing to answer.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,081
  • Content Per Day:  9.76
  • Days Won:  149

Sorry I missed you. Welcome to Worthy.

@The_Patriot21 has a good point. I also understand that navigating in the beginning can be a bit confusing. It was for me in the beginning as I am lefty like @Neighbor and we get things bakerds a lot.

Some posts ask a question. Some posts make a statement more like they are teaching instead of engaging. I liked the thoughts in your "speaking into" post. I see those statements usually made by the apostate TV evangelists.

I speak to God and don't speak into anything else. Only God speaks anything into existence, so you are spot on here or at least the way I see it. Your comments were more statement and not really challenging beyond the statement. Not sure if that was your intention or not. Sometimes such a response will enourage someone who might disagree right? 

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,820
  • Content Per Day:  1.30
  • Days Won:  2

On 12/31/2022 at 1:33 PM, S. Carpenter said:

I've heard this phrase used - even though I don't use it.  But I have never heard it said that this means to think one is God.

Here is a link as to how I have heard it used.  What does it mean to speak life? | GotQuestions.org

• Thumbs Up 1