• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  391
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/03/1958

On 7/31/2022 at 5:58 PM, branchesofHim said:

Do we have all of the scriptures ever recorded in the earth for man to know God and His ways? And are the scriptures we have the only ones inspired by God?

There are clearly missing parts of our biblical record. Is it in order to keep man in darkness as to the reality of the completeness of salvation provided for man through Christ Jesus? And what better way to cause man to believe a lie than to put some partial spiritual truth in it and get man to use carnal reasoning of it without all of the facts.

2 Corinthians 11:[3] But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

The devil literally has nothing new to work with because he can't create anything new. He uses the same tactics as he did in the original sin in Eden.

Genesis 3:[1] Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?

Consider verses 1 to 3 of the first book of Moses which has been deemed inspired scripture.

Genesis 1:[1] In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
[2] And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
[3] And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

What is missing in these first few verses? Between verses 1 and 2 we already have conflicting information based on the rest of scripture that we have about the character of the Creator as seen in Christ Jesus (the express image of His person).

without form (תֹּהוּ tôhûw, to'-hoo; from an unused root meaning to lie waste; a desolation (of surface), i.e. desert; figuratively, a worthless thing; adverbially, in vain:—confusion, empty place, without form, nothing, (thing of) nought, vain, vanity, waste, wilderness)
God would never create something without form or in vain.

and void (בֹּהוּ bôhûw, bo'-hoo; from an unused root (meaning to be empty); a vacuity, i.e. (superficially) an undistinguishable ruin:—emptiness, void) 
God has no emptiness, ruin, nor void in Him.

and darkness (חֹשֶׁךְ chôshek, kho-shek'; from H2821; the dark; hence (literally) darkness; figuratively, misery, destruction, death, ignorance, sorrow, wickedness:—dark(-ness), night, obscurity). 
God is light and has no darkness in Him.

Then in verse 28 there seems to be more missing information.

Genesis 1:[28] And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

subdue (כָּבַשׁ kâbash, kaw-bash'; a primitive root; to tread down; hence, negatively, to disregard; positively, to conquer, subjugate, violate:—bring into bondage, force, keep under, subdue, bring into subjection)
God had put everything on the earth under man's authority, but we don't see any mention by God to Adam that there was a devil in the earth already although it is implied when He tells Adam to subdue it.

If we thoroughly examine that which we have of God's Word, it is apparent that we have an incomplete record. And this, in itself, does not correspond with the character of our Heavenly Father. Does it?

Seek and you shall find. Shalom

We don't look to books for answers   we look to Him.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  211
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,463
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  01/23/1966

21 hours ago, Who me said:

You have from the begining of this thread said there is a fault with scripture. 

I never stated, nor am implying that there is fault with scripture. The intent of the post was to bring to light the fact that it is readily obvious that we do NOT have all of the scriptures and the possibilities of "why" we do not. Funny how most everyone makes assumptions based on having not read the post. Shalom

11 hours ago, Dan Knight said:

We don't look to books for answers   we look to Him.

Absolutely! Amen and amen. Thank you for getting it. Shalom

21 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

Some fine scholars propose and speculate that the earth was void and in chaos due to the Luciferian war. One form of the "gap theory," if you will. That the planet pre-existed the six-day creation-refurbishing account, most other fine scholars oppose this view.

Thank you for the clarification of the ecumenical disposition of the gap theory. I never inferred to that, but I can see the supposition reasoning. Thank you. Shalom

Mark 4:[9] And he said unto them, He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.
[10] And when he was alone, they that were about him with the twelve asked of him the parable.
[11] And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables:
[12] That seeing they may see, and not perceive; and hearing they may hear, and not understand; lest at any time they should be converted, and their sins should be forgiven them.
[13] And he said unto them, Know ye not this parable? and how then will ye know all parables?
[14] The sower soweth the word.

On 7/31/2022 at 2:58 PM, branchesofHim said:

Do we have all of the scriptures ever recorded in the earth for man to know God and His ways? And are the scriptures we have the only ones inspired by God?

This was the posting inquiry. I never said there was fault with scripture. Shalom

Job 38:[1] Then the LORD answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said,
[2] Who is this that darkeneth counsel by words without knowledge?
[3] Gird up now thy loins like a man; for I will demand of thee, and answer thou me.
[4] Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.
[5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?
[6] Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;
[7] When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?
[8] Or who shut up the sea with doors, when it brake forth, as if it had issued out of the womb?
[9] When I made the cloud the garment thereof, and thick darkness a swaddlingband for it,
[10] And brake up for it my decreed place, and set bars and doors,
[11] And said, Hitherto shalt thou come, but no further: and here shall thy proud waves be stayed?
[12] Hast thou commanded the morning since thy days; and caused the dayspring to know his place;
[13] That it might take hold of the ends of the earth, that the wicked might be shaken out of it?
[14] It is turned as clay to the seal; and they stand as a garment.
[15] And from the wicked their light is withholden, and the high arm shall be broken.
[16] Hast thou entered into the springs of the sea? or hast thou walked in the search of the depth?
[17] Have the gates of death been opened unto thee? or hast thou seen the doors of the shadow of death?
[18] Hast thou perceived the breadth of the earth? declare if thou knowest it all.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,974
  • Content Per Day:  2.20
  • Days Won:  2

Our Lord will never contradict His Word, found in the Holy Spirit inspired 66 Books of the Bible.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  449
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Days Won:  0

On 7/31/2022 at 5:58 PM, branchesofHim said:

There are clearly missing parts of our biblical record. Is it in order to keep man in darkness as to the reality of the completeness of salvation provided for man through Christ Jesus? And what better way to cause man to believe a lie than to put some partial spiritual truth in it and get man to use carnal reasoning of it without all of the facts.

2 Corinthians 11:[3] But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

The devil literally has nothing new to work with because he can't create anything new. He uses the same tactics as he did in the original sin in Eden.

Genesis 3:[1] Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?

Consider verses 1 to 3 of the first book of Moses which has been deemed inspired scripture.

Genesis 1:[1] In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
[2] And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
[3] And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

What is missing in these first few verses? Between verses 1 and 2 we already have conflicting information based on the rest of scripture that we have about the character of the Creator as seen in Christ Jesus (the express image of His person).

without form (תֹּהוּ tôhûw, to'-hoo; from an unused root meaning to lie waste; a desolation (of surface), i.e. desert; figuratively, a worthless thing; adverbially, in vain:—confusion, empty place, without form, nothing, (thing of) nought, vain, vanity, waste, wilderness)
God would never create something without form or in vain.

and void (בֹּהוּ bôhûw, bo'-hoo; from an unused root (meaning to be empty); a vacuity, i.e. (superficially) an undistinguishable ruin:—emptiness, void) 
God has no emptiness, ruin, nor void in Him.

and darkness (חֹשֶׁךְ chôshek, kho-shek'; from H2821; the dark; hence (literally) darkness; figuratively, misery, destruction, death, ignorance, sorrow, wickedness:—dark(-ness), night, obscurity). 
God is light and has no darkness in Him.

Then in verse 28 there seems to be more missing information.

Genesis 1:[28] And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

subdue (כָּבַשׁ kâbash, kaw-bash'; a primitive root; to tread down; hence, negatively, to disregard; positively, to conquer, subjugate, violate:—bring into bondage, force, keep under, subdue, bring into subjection)
God had put everything on the earth under man's authority, but we don't see any mention by God to Adam that there was a devil in the earth already although it is implied when He tells Adam to subdue it.

If we thoroughly examine that which we have of God's Word, it is apparent that we have an incomplete record. And this, in itself, does not correspond with the character of our Heavenly Father. Does it?

Seek and you shall find. Shalom

I'm not into as much of the biological science as I am the math, physics or similar, However, I understand the earth has 3 earth ages.  The first one (between Genesis 1:1 & 1:2) is an undetermined amount of time. When we consider the immense age of the earth and space, and all those fossils we find, it's during this time frame.  I believe spiritually speaking Lucifer was over this world then.  Then "without form and void" can equally be translated "became a waste or desolation".  Some cataclysm occurred that wiped everything out.  Sciences today consider the possibility of a cataclysm in wiping out the dinosaurs and much of life.  Then, at some point God created man (actually Adam) and spiritually speaking again to become a son to now rule over the earth and the earth was replenished .  If I refill a cup, the assumption was that it was filled the first time.  Thus, the Genesis account is the start of the second earth age and all that we know about God's plan.  Of course Lucifer is jealous of what man "usurped" and the war was on since then. If this all sounds fantastic, then consider Revelation where there will be a new heaven and earth (thus the third and final earth age).  The bible only briefly mentions this first earth age, most of it is about this age, and then has concluding chapters about the earth age to come.  The bible states that first it was a baptism of water, and in the end that of fire in which all evil will be destroyed.  In short:  first age, was Satan, second age is mankind, the last age is the Kingdom of God. This gives science "maneuvering room" without one denying the faith. The difference is that in science everything is one and the same (earth) age. That's because they look at tangible things instead of also interpreting things by a spiritual lens as well.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Interesting! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  349
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,519
  • Content Per Day:  2.69

On 8/4/2022 at 8:13 AM, Alive said:

I would like to ask Jesus what it was like as a child and that moment when the Father first opened His eyes.

Lightheartedly said, if there is a line in heaven to get our questions answered, I will try and be first in line. 😊

In the accounts I read, it appears Jesus had a normal Jewish childhood raised by Joseph & Mary. In most households, there is sibling rivalry, discipline, and expectations. Jesus is perfect and obedient; imagine Jesus never getting in trouble and never being corrected and disciplined. What did Jesus’s half-brothers & sisters think of that, and how did they react to any perceived favoritism?

We, as human parents, strive to love each of our children equally. Joseph & Mary would have loved the Lord Jesus head and shoulders above their other children as the Bible commands everyone to achieve.

Did Mary & Joseph tell their other children Jesus was the Messiah, the Son of God? Based on a normal Jewish child-rearing, I would suspect not.

When Jesus started His ministry, it appears some of His siblings rejected Him.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.46
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

34 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

Lightheartedly said, if there is a line in heaven to get our questions answered, I will try and be first in line. 😊

In the accounts I read, it appears Jesus had a normal Jewish childhood raised by Joseph & Mary. In most households, there is sibling rivalry, discipline, and expectations. Jesus is perfect and obedient; imagine Jesus never getting in trouble and never being corrected and disciplined. What did Jesus’s half-brothers & sisters think of that, and how did they react to any perceived favoritism?

We, as human parents, strive to love each of our children equally. Joseph & Mary would have loved the Lord Jesus head and shoulders above their other children as the Bible commands everyone to achieve.

Did Mary & Joseph tell their other children Jesus was the Messiah, the Son of God? Based on a normal Jewish child-rearing, I would suspect not.

When Jesus started His ministry, it appears some of His siblings rejected Him.

Yup--thinking about that stuff is interesting. He was a man of sorrows. When I think about that and the Word living in this world of sin, I can't imagine the pain this caused--what He had to endure daily.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 8/5/2022 at 4:39 AM, tim_from_pa said:

If I refill a cup, the assumption was that it was filled the first time.  Thus, the Genesis account is the start of the second earth age and all that we know about God's plan. 

I appreciate your response. It seems to coincide with the biblical record that we "do have". Shalom

Revelation 21:[1] And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

Edited by branchesofHim
  • Thumbs Up 2