Close_to_Jesus

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  25
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

Hello all!  I hope this day finds you well and joyful!

This week’s message (YouTube/ Spotify/ iTunes) answers the question, “How Do I Keep My Joy?”j  The real question here is, how do I keep my joy when I don’t feel like it or when I’m not in joyful circumstances! 

Remember, joy doesn’t mean we’re not suffering, but we focus our eyes on the joy to come and the presence of God with us through our trials!  Amen!

If you have any tips on how to stay joyful, or a scripture you’d like to share that exports you, please do!  We need to ground ourselves in the peace, love, and joy of the Lord regardless of what’s going on around us and what the world is telling us.

God bless you!

–Misty

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,302
  • Content Per Day:  1.71
  • Days Won:  0

23 hours ago, Close_to_Jesus said:

We need to ground ourselves in the peace, love, and joy of the Lord r

Actually we need to ground ourselves in the reality of Jesus and to live for him.

Our peace, is based on the knowledge that we are forgiven and that we have the assurance of heaven.

Our joy is in the fact that we can talk with God, worship him and serve him.

We know that he loves us, Jesus died a discusting, degraging, revolting death for us. He gives us his rightousness and through this a spiritual peace that can overflow into our daily lives.

Jesus challenges us all, If we love him, we will show it by how we obey his commandments.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

Knowing that you are His and that nothing can happen without our heavenly Father’s permission, just like Job, should give one peace. Remember that no matter the circumstance ( joy or sorrow), He is there with you. Look back on your life and try to count the times you were not alone but His arm was there. That should fill you with unspeakable joy.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,269
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

On 8/1/2022 at 12:36 PM, Close_to_Jesus said:

The real question here is, how do I keep my joy when I don’t feel like it or when I’m not in joyful circumstances! 

I walk myself through God's promises, those scriptures I memorized, the ones I hid in my heart.
Any fears and anxieties that begin to enter into the mind, releasing toxins (bad feelings) into my body, I will finally snap and go to my arsenal of promises, renewing my mind, releasing those feel good happy hormones that God created. (for a purpose)
Then I go to work, at my job or anything to be occupied, and not lay around and morph/moan. (The enemies lies says to do)

, whatsoever things are true,honest, just, pure, lovely, of good report;  virtue,  praise, I think on these things.

I renew my mind over and over. God is light and His promises are true. All of them.
I am a child of the most high, and He is my Abba. I'm doing what He said to do. It works.
He may or may not remove my circumstances, but He gets me through them, His way.
If I do it His way I will experience growth, the purpose of the trial, to learn, to grow. (required of His children)
I do not want to repeat the lesson, so I pay attention to what His word says.....