• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Topics Per Day:  1.31
  • Content Count:  3,893
  • Content Per Day:  6.87
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  02/18/1956

2 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

If we simply say every thing we think we would find ourselves in a lonely place.....I too " think" or " feel" many things- some are good & profitable & others nothing good will come if it...that's part of being human & suspectable to those fiery darts🙏

Colossians 4:6 Let your speech always be with grace, seasoned with salt, 

that you may know how you ought to answer each one.

• Praise God! 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Content Per Day:  2.40
  • Days Won:  11

I agree that favoritism and effusive praise and flattery are not of the Lord and do not belong on a forum.  To be honest, it’s embarrassing.  Just saying. . .

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Content Per Day:  2.40
  • Days Won:  11

2 minutes ago, Rosie1jack2pauline3 said:

Amen,Sis!

i too have guilty of this, God has called me up on it, and once again he has revealed it through you, I believe he is saying...you are in the Spirit .....not the flesh.

i know it’s no laughing matter...I just hope my post wasn’t to flattering,😂...seriously it’s certainly been one big eye opener for me....forever learning in Christ.🙏

Amen. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,147
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

19 hours ago, enoob57 said:

Right in the middle of the begetting we have this:

Gen 5:21-24

21 And Enoch lived sixty and five years, and begat Methuselah:

22 And Enoch walked with God after he begat Methuselah three hundred years, and begat sons and daughters:

23 And all the days of Enoch were three hundred sixty and five years:

24 And Enoch walked with God: and he was not; for God took him.

KJV

Here I need to preface what we know so far:
Man has the knowledge of both good and evil (Gen 3:22) and that knowledge continued in Adams children. Seen in their sacrifices (Gen 4:4-5). One acting upon the good that they knew - God's provision of covering in the garden. The other what he, himself, thought adequate and acted upon… Abel acting upon what God had shown his parents- showing action based on God's actions verses his brothers which was self-motivated involving the fruit from God's cursed judgment. (Gen 3:17-19) By God's acceptance one boy sees he chose correctly the other incorrectly and then we see wrath in Cain. Because the boy was daily sweating and working the soil and this represented his life centered on his effort and God rejecting this= brought forth this anger. Now we see  the verbal communication of God to this anger, The Work of The Father, The Work of The Son and The Work of The Holy Spirit 

image.png.e4dcd801c17447b7f54dbc860663743d.png

The I am that I am (The Self existent Ones) and God is reasoning with Cain with what is known by Cain and is in the experience of the present circumstances Cains wrath… taking what is know within Cain and influencing toward the good and shunning the evil…

Now we know that OT saints were not permanently Holy Spirit indwelt/upon, whatever preposition you use doesn't matter, but The Holy Spirit came upon them for duties and task in line with the elective predestined plan of God. Here your soteriological understandings will drive your world view. Got Questions is Calvinistic in it's leading and we see their conclusions:
What was the role of the Holy Spirit in the Old Testament? | GotQuestions.org

As you read Got Questions you will see their soteriological bent demands for them to say that Abel was regenerated in order to obey/please God - and had to be in order to support the theological system… but the text plainly reads God is reasoning with fallen man through God's Word to do what man knows is right (good) and to deny the evil that he also knows, because it will lead him into sin and rebellion against God. We see the choice that was made and the awful detriment it was to Cain and his family line…

However, if the Calvinist are correct on regeneration aspect of The Work of God The Holy Spirit in the Old Testament~ then they create a greater theological issue as The Holy Spirit left those He indwelt. A good example is Saul

1 Samuel 10:10-11 (KJV)

[10] And when they came thither to the hill, behold, a company of prophets met him; and the Spirit of God came upon him, and he prophesied among them.

[11] And it came to pass, when all that knew him beforetime saw that, behold, he prophesied among the prophets, then the people said one to another, What is this that is come unto the son of Kish? Is Saul also among the prophets?

and then this

1 Samuel 16:14 (KJV)

[14] But the Spirit of the LORD departed from Saul, and an evil spirit from the LORD troubled him.

The Calvinist doctrine demands them to claim regeneration must occur in order for men to hear God but they also believe in perseverance of the saints which means the above does not work with their system so they will begin to twist so that it does… instead of allowing the Scripture to lead them differently!

So now we are left The Enoch issue and if Calvinist (monergism) then Enoch was regenerated by The Holy Spirit. If Arminian (synergism) then God uses a prevenient grace along with the Word of God.  The Provisionist, which is my stance in soteriology, (synergism),

SOTERIOLOGY 101 – A Professor and former 5-Point Calvinist Discussing the Doctrines of Salvation, Election, Predestination, and God's Amazing Grace.

God uses His Word in creation
Romans 1:20 (KJV)

[20] For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: Just a note here: if by being born here in God's creative masterpiece, brought about by His Word… how can all be without excuse if all are not regenerated?

God uses His written Word, containing the Gospel of His salvation and the necessary of the Who of God unto sanctification…
as The Living Word (Jesus) spoke
John 15:15 (KJV)

[15] Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.

Are you saying Saul was Indwelled by Holy Spirit? Certainly Holy Spirit Anointed Saul but that does not mean He was Indwelled- as I Understand (& this is probably a Topic for another Thread,me thinks?)

The entire post seems a little above my head today,I'm not in the best space this morning- perhaps I should try again later if possible

I'm amped up here,too many distractions and I certainly don't need to be distracted from the Written Word - I'll try to come back & see if I can get back on Topic- must we keep referring to the Calvinists position- personally I'd prefer to simply focus on what is Written❤️

Love you,......in Christ Jesus

• Thumbs Up 2

22 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

However, if the Calvinist are correct on regeneration aspect of The Work of God The Holy Spirit in the Old Testament~ then they create a greater theological issue as The Holy Spirit left those He indwelt. A good example is Saul

The Holy Spirit was not indwelling in the OT.

He was worn "as a mantle" in one descriptive of the prophet.

another is "the oil of anointing". of priesthood.

Yet while remaining under His Power they received the same 

"life everlasting"

Psalm 133:

1 Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren

to dwell together in unity!

2 It is like the precious ointment upon the head,

that ran down upon the beard,

even Aaron's beard: that went down

to the skirts of his garments;

3 As the dew of Hermon, and as the dew that descended

upon the mountains of Zion: for there the Lord commanded the blessing,

even life for evermore.

Everlasting life is accessed in the fellowship of the Saints

under the Spirit of Unity.

Edited by Mr. M
amend text
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,147
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

27 minutes ago, Mr. M said:

The Holy Spirit was not indwelling in the OT.

He was worn "as a mantle" in one descriptive of the prophet.

another is "the oil of anointing". of priesthood.

Yet while remaining under His Power they received the same 

"life everlasting"

Psalm 133:

1 Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren

to dwell together in unity!

2 It is like the precious ointment upon the head,

that ran down upon the beard,

even Aaron's beard: that went down

to the skirts of his garments;

3 As the dew of Hermon, and as the dew that descended

upon the mountains of Zion: for there the Lord commanded the blessing,

even life for evermore.

Everlasting life is accessed in the fellowship of the Saints

under the Spirit of Unity.

Just for clarification- that was enoobs comments and not my quote - I replied as well- saying Saul was not Indwelled but Anointed👍

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, kwikphilly said:

Just for clarification- that was enoobs comments and not my quote - I replied as well- saying Saul was not Indwelled but Anointed👍

I know, I highlighted from your quote, but I was responding/re-enforcing

your post. Go Team!

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

FYI, I never hit quote on a lengthy post like enoobs, just highlight

a key portion, and his entire post won't be attached to your response.

In this case, I used it to highlight his words, from your quote, just

took advantage of the easy access, rather than go back and find his 

post, so there was an upside to it. Technicalities!

• Haha 1

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,425
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

I touched on this indwelt or upon is a preposition... the true distinction is, if you are a synergist, then there was no permanent place within man for The Holy Spirit to dwell till Pentecost. However, if you're a monergist, then the all the Old Testament saints were regenerated if they responded to God's Word... if you'll note I find little reason to argue over placement as to preposition but is notable that at Jesus' baptism it upon upon not within... fitting the OT law and not NT grace....

@kwikphilly sorry I didn't bring your attention in the post ... but I did answer you this Love ya Sis...

39 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

I find little reason to argue over placement as to preposition but is notable that at Jesus' baptism it what upon not within...

16 For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; [At His water baptism]

but he took on him the seed of Abraham.(which is Christ)

Jesus, as the Son of God was filled with the Holy Spirit from conception.

• Praise God! 2