• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.56
  • Days Won:  12

1 hour ago, enoob57 said:

Exactly...
The Creative Word, Jesus... The Written Word, Jesus... The Living Word, Jesus... 

Hebrews 4:12
For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart.

John 17:17
“Sanctify them in the truth; your word is truth.”

John 1:1
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Psalm 119:105
Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.

2 Timothy 3:16
All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness.

1 Peter 1:23
Since you have been born again, not of perishable seed but of imperishable, through the living and abiding word of God.

1 Peter 2:2
Like newborn infants, long for the pure spiritual milk, that by it you may grow up into salvation.

1 Thessalonians 2:13
And we also thank God constantly for this, that when you received the word of God, which you heard from us, you accepted it not as the word of men but as what it really is, the word of God, which is at work in you believers.

2 Peter 3:16
As he does in all his letters when he speaks in them of these matters. There are some things in them that are hard to understand, which the ignorant and unstable twist to their own destruction, as they do the other Scriptures.

2 Timothy 2:15
Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who has no need to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of truth.

Acts 17:11
Now these Jews were more noble than those in Thessalonica; they received the word with all eagerness, examining the Scriptures daily to see if these things were so.

Colossians 3:16
Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God.

Deuteronomy 8:3
And he humbled you and let you hunger and fed you with manna, which you did not know, nor did your fathers know, that he might make you know that man does not live by bread alone, but man lives by every word that comes from the mouth of the Lord.

Ephesians 6:17
And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

Hebrews 1:3
He is the radiance of the glory of God and the exact imprint of his nature, and he upholds the universe by the word of his power. After making purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high.

Isaiah 40:8
The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of our God will stand forever.

Isaiah 55:11
“So shall my word be that goes out from my mouth; it shall not return to me empty, but it shall accomplish that which I purpose, and shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it.”

James 1:21
Therefore put away all filthiness and rampant wickedness and receive with meekness the implanted word, which is able to save your souls.

James 1:22
But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves.

John 1:14
And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth.

John 10:35
“If he called them gods to whom the word of God came—and Scripture cannot be broken.”

John 12:48
“The one who rejects me and does not receive my words has a judge; the word that I have spoken will judge him on the last day.”

John 14:6
Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.”

John 15:3
“Already you are clean because of the word that I have spoken to you.”

John 15:7
“If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.”

John 16:13
“When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth, for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.”

John 6:63
“It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh is no help at all. The words that I have spoken to you are spirit and life.”

John 7:38
“Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, ‘Out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.’”

John 8:47
“Whoever is of God hears the words of God. The reason why you do not hear them is that you are not of God.”

Matthew 24:35
“Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away.”

Matthew 4:4
But he answered, “It is written, ‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.’”

Proverbs 30:5
Every word of God proves true; he is a shield to those who take refuge in him.

Psalm 119:11
I have stored up your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you.

Psalm 119:130
The unfolding of your words gives light; it imparts understanding to the simple.

Psalm 119:160
The sum of your word is truth, and every one of your righteous rules endures forever.

Psalm 119:18
Open my eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of your law.

Psalm 119:9
How can a young man keep his way pure? By guarding it according to your word.

Psalm 33:4
For the word of the Lord is upright, and all his work is done in faithfulness.

Romans 10:17
So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ.

Romans 15:4
For whatever was written in former days was written for our instruction, that through endurance and through the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope.

The word of God is vitally important; however, we must not neglect the work of God in our hearts.  He works in us, to will and do of his good pleasure.  Of His own will, He made us alive with the word of truth (i.e. the work of God was needed, along with the word of God).

James 1:16-18 (KJV)  

16 Do not err, my beloved brethren.
  17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.
  18 Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures. 

Phil. 2:12,13 (KJV)

12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.
  13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,184
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

22 hours ago, David1701 said:

The word of God is vitally important; however, we must not neglect the work of God in our hearts.  He works in us, to will and do of his good pleasure.  Of His own will, He made us alive with the word of truth (i.e. the work of God was needed, along with the word of God).

2 Timothy 3:15 (KJV)

[15] And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

[16] All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

[17] That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member

10 hours ago, enoob57 said:

2 Timothy 3:15 (KJV)

[15] And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

[16] All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

[17] That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

We need to look at what Scripture also says, to get the full picture.  We can't just pick and choose which Scriptures to believe; we need to believe them all.

A partial truth, declared as if it were the whole truth, becomes an untruth.

As has been demonstrated to you, on numerous occasions, from Scripture, the work of the Holy Spirit is needed, in order for someone to be saved, not only the Scriptures.

• Thumbs Up 1

Gen 4:5-7
5 But unto Cain and to his offering he had not respect. And Cain was very wroth, and his countenance fell. 6 And the LORD said unto Cain, Why art thou wroth? and why is thy countenance fallen? 7 If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? and if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door. And unto thee shall be his desire, and thou shalt rule over him.
KJV

Note: Cain is angry so much so you can see it on his face (countenance fell). His anger is with both God and his brother Abel. Cain is also fallen man and corpse like dead according to Calvinism. So I ask why is God reasoning with Cain by His Words alone? Doesn't God know His Own doctrine :noidea: 

6 And the LORD said unto Cain, Why art thou wroth? and why is thy countenance fallen? 7 If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? and if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door. And unto thee shall be his desire, and thou shalt rule over him.

According to Calvinism God must regenerate a person before He can respond to God's Words... yet God is reasoning with him in Word only... This precedent is followed throughout Scripture = the Word of God is proclaimed to the hearer and the hearer is responsible to respond to that truth... 

God even proclaims the pros and cons to obeying His Word to a corpse like dead person :noidea: 

Pro

7 If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted?

Con

if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door.

It is clear that God has proclaimed Cain had choice or was response abled to adhere or ignore God's Word...

• Well Said! 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Royal Member

1 hour ago, enoob57 said:

Gen 4:5-7
5 But unto Cain and to his offering he had not respect. And Cain was very wroth, and his countenance fell. 6 And the LORD said unto Cain, Why art thou wroth? and why is thy countenance fallen? 7 If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? and if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door. And unto thee shall be his desire, and thou shalt rule over him.
KJV

Note: Cain is angry so much so you can see it on his face (countenance fell). His anger is with both God and his brother Abel. Cain is also fallen man and corpse like dead according to Calvinism. So I ask why is God reasoning with Cain by His Words alone? Doesn't God know His Own doctrine :noidea: 

According to Calvinism God must regenerate a person before He can respond to God's Words... yet God is reasoning with him in Word only... This precedent is followed throughout Scripture = the Word of God is proclaimed to the hearer and the hearer is responsible to respond to that truth... 

God even proclaims the pros and cons to obeying His Word to a corpse like dead person :noidea: 

Pro

Con

It is clear that God has proclaimed Cain had choice or was response abled to adhere or ignore God's Word...

If you think that God declaring to Cain his responsibility, means that Cain was able to respond in repentance and obedience, then you should be able to keep God's law, simply because God has declared it to you, in his word.

By your "logic" salvation would be by law and there would be no need for the gospel at all.  Can you not see that what you teach is not Christianity?

59 minutes ago, David1701 said:

If you think that God declaring to Cain his responsibility, means that Cain was able to respond in repentance and obedience, then you should be able to keep God's law, simply because God has declared it to you, in his word.

By your "logic" salvation would be by law and there would be no need for the gospel at all.  Can you not see that what you teach is not Christianity?

This is serious error in your doctrine as you do not understand redemption... or better redeemed things. God has not redeemed the world or those who have only 1st birth... in fact all that are born of flesh only will face the Great White Throne of judgment based solely on their works. Said works are only a manipulation of things not being kept 
2 Peter 3:11 (KJV)

[11] Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,

[12] Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

[13] Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

or to be remembered

Isaiah 65:17 (KJV)

[17] For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.

1 Corinthians 13:8 (KJV)

[8] Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

Revelation 21:1 (KJV)

[21:1] And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

[2] And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

[3] And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

[4] And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

[5] And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

That's why new s/Spiritual birth is necessary
John 3:3 (KJV)

[3] Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

It is not rocket science... that which passes away and will not be remembered cannot contain the eternal keeping by God...  That is why those that are born from above should no longer have attactment to that which passes away..

John 8:21-24 (KJV)

[21] Then said Jesus again unto them, I go my way, and ye shall seek me, and shall die in your sins: whither I go, ye cannot come.

[22] Then said the Jews, Will he kill himself? because he saith, Whither I go, ye cannot come.

[23] And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.

[24] I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

Romans 10:6-9 (KJV)

[6] But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ down from above

[7] Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ again from the dead.)

[8] But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

[9] That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

This encapsulates the entirety of what I said above:

John 17:4 (KJV)

[4] I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

[5] And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

This glory is unending and we see it in the new heaven and earth where sin has never been considered for it has no Spiritual substance of God...

[6] I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word.

[7] Now they have known that all things whatsoever thou hast given me are of thee.

[8] For I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came out from thee, and they have believed that thou didst send me.

The purpose of The Father was through His Living Word Jesus to come and finish His Word to mankind so that this truth was come from above and believed as such...

[9] I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.

[10] And all mine are thine, and thine are mine; and I am glorified in them.

[11] And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.

[12] While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.

[13] And now come I to thee; and these things I speak in the world, that they might have my joy fulfilled in themselves.

[14] I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

The delivery of His Word to the hearts of those who hear and then believe causes us to be able to reckon this world as dead and the bodies we are born in same... this makes us no longer of this world!

[15] I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.

[16] They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

[17] Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

the vehicle God has used is His Word because it is of God as truth and Jn 8:32 God tells us the truth is able to make us free...

[18] As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.

[19] And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.

[20] Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;

As most will say His Word 'God's Word' needs additional God stuff to cause us to cry out to The Lord to save us... this is error and not supported by Scripture... because when we believe His Word we are able to believe in The Christ and in The Father Who sent Him... and we cry out for Him to save us and He does... God enters us and puts new s/Spiritual life within us and we become not of this world just as our Lord was not of this world...

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

10 hours ago, enoob57 said:

This encapsulates the entirety of what I said above:

John 17:4 (KJV)

[4] I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

[5] And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

This glory is unending and we see it in the new heaven and earth where sin has never been considered for it has no Spiritual substance of God...

[6] I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word.

[7] Now they have known that all things whatsoever thou hast given me are of thee.

[8] For I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came out from thee, and they have believed that thou didst send me.

The purpose of The Father was through His Living Word Jesus to come and finish His Word to mankind so that this truth was come from above and believed as such...

[9] I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.

[10] And all mine are thine, and thine are mine; and I am glorified in them.

[11] And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.

[12] While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.

[13] And now come I to thee; and these things I speak in the world, that they might have my joy fulfilled in themselves.

[14] I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

The delivery of His Word to the hearts of those who hear and then believe causes us to be able to reckon this world as dead and the bodies we are born in same... this makes us no longer of this world!

[15] I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.

[16] They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

[17] Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

the vehicle God has used is His Word because it is of God as truth and Jn 8:32 God tells us the truth is able to make us free...

[18] As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.

[19] And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.

[20] Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;

As most will say His Word 'God's Word' needs additional God stuff to cause us to cry out to The Lord to save us... this is error and not supported by Scripture... because when we believe His Word we are able to believe in The Christ and in The Father Who sent Him... and we cry out for Him to save us and He does... God enters us and puts new s/Spiritual life within us and we become not of this world just as our Lord was not of this world...

Blessings Nooby !

Brother I did not reply until now because I was Embracing the Scriptures and reading every WORD. I was enjoying the brief interaction between MrM( another favorite Brother❤️)As you mentioned man's choosing our Lord and MrM added":with humility"  There's nothing to add really- it's just so very simple.

I must say though,I wish everyone could understand "the WORD".... I've heard many say" but what about people that don't have or never read "the Bible"...  Even though you've expounded there in page 2 " the Written Word, Scripture,Word Made Flesh,Living Word...  Jesus is " the Word",I don't see how that could be misunderstood... When we say " yes" the Word is Written on our heart as we are Born of Spirit ...and then our eyes are open,just like God Promised and how it was " In the beginning"...

We should be so Grateful that we have Bibles,I don't know what all the fuss is about- it's almost like an anti-Bible protest.....once we are Born Again how do you not hunger and thirst for the Written Word that's sitting at most of our bedsides?

Thank you for the lovely thread- Praise Jesus!

With love in Christ, Kwik

• Loved it! 1

31 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

Blessings Nooby !

Brother I did not reply until now because I was Embracing the Scriptures and reading every WORD. I was enjoying the brief interaction between MrM( another favorite Brother❤️)As you mentioned man's choosing our Lord and MrM added":with humility"  There's nothing to add really- it's just so very simple.

I must say though,I wish everyone could understand "the WORD".... I've heard many say" but what about people that don't have or never read "the Bible"...  Even though you've expounded there in page 2 " the Written Word, Scripture,Word Made Flesh,Living Word...  Jesus is " the Word",I don't see how that could be misunderstood... When we say " yes" the Word is Written on our heart as we are Born of Spirit ...and then our eyes are open,just like God Promised and how it was " In the beginning"...

We should be so Grateful that we have Bibles,I don't know what all the fuss is about- it's almost like an anti-Bible protest.....once we are Born Again how do you not hunger and thirst for the Written Word that's sitting at most of our bedsides?

Thank you for the lovely thread- Praise Jesus!

With love in Christ, Kwik

It reminds me of what Jesus said to His beloved
Luke 9:55 (KJV)
[55] But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of.

people that pit the Word of God against God makes absolutely no sense to me... it is the power of God for us to even have it...  My faith is born out from the pages and bears me up in a living hope of all that He has explained to me... it is personal, it is necessary, it is my established life in Him and I need it more than my necessary food... as I tell my children I can eat well this food from here but I will still die but The Bread that has come down from Heaven and feeds my soul & s/Spirit shall not be separated from me in death... as the Word say it is Spirit and it is Life
John 6:63 (KJV)
[63] It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life

Thanks for the Love Sis 2116712940_compsticknoobwithrose155small.jpg.00c6c4914e4617accd6e5cde0a6cc65d.jpg

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

38 minutes ago, Rosie1jack2pauline3 said:

It is false teaching to say one must read only the Bible to be birthed in the Spirit, that is dead religious talk and junk...this teaching is a lie, nowhere in God’s word does it say that you must read your bible to be birthed in the Spirit...it’s like this member has no understanding that God’s word is ALIVE and SPIRIT.....he’s been preaching this for years on here and is still allowed to, I have no understanding as of to why, but, if I see this false teaching, I will step in with the word of God...

The word of God is Alive and Active...

Hebrews 4:12 Parallel Verses [⇓ See commentary ⇓]

Hebrews 4:12, NIV: For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

Hebrews 4:12, ESV: For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart.

Hebrews 4:12, KJV: For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Hebrews 4:12, NASB: For the word of God is living and active, and sharper than any two-edged sword, even penetrating as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart.

Hebrews 4:12, NLT: For the word of God is alive and powerful. It is sharper than the sharpest two-edged sword, cutting between soul and spirit, between joint and marrow. It exposes our innermost thoughts and desires.

Hebrews 4:12, CSB: For the word of God is living and effective and sharper than any double-edged sword, penetrating as far as the separation of soul and spirit, joints and marrow. It is able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart.

Romans 8:16 
New International Version
The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children.

New Living Translation
For his Spirit joins with our spirit to affirm that we are God’s children.

English Standard Version
The Spirit himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God,

Berean Standard Bible
The Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children.

Berean Literal Bible
The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God,

King James Bible
The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

John 3:1-21

English Standard Version

You Must Be Born Again

Now there was a man of the Pharisees named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews. This man came to Jesus[a] by night and said to him, “Rabbi, we know that you are a teacher come from God, for no one can do these signs that you do unless God is with him.” Jesus answered him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again[b] he cannot see the kingdom of God.”Nicodemus said to him, “How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother's womb and be born?” Jesus answered, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.[c] Do not marvel that I said to you, ‘You[d] must be born again.’ The wind[e] blows where it wishes, and you hear its sound, but you do not know where it comes from or where it goes. So it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit.”

John 3:6 
New International Version
Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit.

New Living Translation
Humans can reproduce only human life, but the Holy Spirit gives birth to spiritual life.

English Standard Version
That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Berean Standard Bible
Flesh is born of flesh, but spirit is born of the Spirit.

Berean Literal Bible
That having been born of the flesh is flesh, and that having been born of the Spirit is spirit.

King James Bible
That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

New King James Version
That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

I find it funny to say you don't have to read scripture to be saved, and back it up with scripture. 

However, it's a false doctrine.

Since none of us were alive 2000 years ago, the only way we know what happened, and what we need to do, is from scripture. 

Now can someone tell another person about Christ, and they accept Jesus without opening the Bible themselves?

Certainly. Happens all the time.

However, that salvation message, if it's accurate, originally comes from the Bible. And if you have genuinely repented, the first thing you will do is go get the Bible to make sure you were told right, and to grow in Christ.

Fact is, you can't have salvation without the Bible. Not because the Bible saves you, Jesus saves you, but because you can't know what salvation is without it. You can't know what sin is, who Jesus is, or anything like that, without that book.

The two are symbiotic in nature, and your demonstrating that by bringing forth scripture, even if you are mis using it.

• Thumbs Up 1