IGNORED

God is not a laundry service that wash your sins in two hours and then you become clean and fragrant.

R. Hartono

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,907
  • Content Per Day:  1.28
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/06/1952

23 hours ago, JimmyB said:

Said to whom?  It was said to the Jews, not to any Christian.

Everything, ALL the Bible, pertains to us today At this moment of time.  God does not put anything in the Bible that does not pertain to us today. 

For example: Zechariah 13:9 

And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The LORD is my God.

Clearly, God is talking to: "house of David and the people of Jerusalem". But this pertains to gentiles today, just as it did to Jerusalem in Zechariahs day. 

We see the words many and few in the Bible. Many can mean 2/3 of the people, and few can mean 1/3. Matthew 7:14 “For the gate is small, and the way is narrow that leads to life, and few are those who find it."

Revelation 21:2 

I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,628
  • Content Per Day:  1.14

15 hours ago, JohnR7 said:

Everything, ALL the Bible, pertains to us today At this moment of time.  God does not put anything in the Bible that does not pertain to us today. 

For example: Zechariah 13:9 

And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The LORD is my God.

Clearly, God is talking to: "house of David and the people of Jerusalem". But this pertains to gentiles today, just as it did to Jerusalem in Zechariahs day. 

We see the words many and few in the Bible. Many can mean 2/3 of the people, and few can mean 1/3. Matthew 7:14 “For the gate is small, and the way is narrow that leads to life, and few are those who find it."

Revelation 21:2 

I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband.

So are you going to sacrifice some sheep to gain favor with God?

There is much in the Bible that is a historical record.  The Old Covenant's requirements no longer apply, especially to Christians.  Much of it was written to the Jews, not to Christians (although it is retained for historical purposes).  You would be arrested for some of the OT requirements, such as stoning people to death.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.80

When we buy a brand-new car it is shiny and clean, but with time it begins to lose its newness, It fades and all the washing you do will not repace the newness it had when you first got it.  Jesus said we must be born again. We must be regenerated as new  again. This is only done by God. We cannot make ourselves New. God only is Sovern. 

Edited by Mike Mclees

9 hours ago, JimmyB said:

So are you going to sacrifice some sheep to gain favor with God?

There were physical sacrifices and at times God was not happy with them because the literal is a lesson for what the sacrifice symbolically represents. This is all so very basic Bible interpretation. First, we look at the literal, even as a child. Then we look at what the Bible represents symbolically. There are lots of words we can use: allegory, archetypes, paradigm, parables, homiletic and so on. 

I know pastors even with associate degrees that are very good at explaining the meaning of every tassel in the tabernacle. Of course, we know that only God can provide the sacrifice for us and that Jesus is the Lamb of God who was given for us. 

Edited by JohnR7

9 hours ago, Mike Mclees said:

When we buy a brand-new car it is shiny and clean, but with time it begins to lose its newness, It fades and all the washing you do will not repace the newness it had when you first got it.  Jesus said we must be born again. We must be regenerated as new  again. This is only done by God. We cannot make ourselves New. God only is Sovern. 

The Bible talks more about our Garment. If we buy a new car, we have to get rid of the old one. When we are born again, we get rid of our old garment that represents who we were. People want to be made new and put on their new garment. Then they want to go back to wearing their filthy rags in the way we live our life. 

9 hours ago, JimmyB said:

The Old Covenant's requirements no longer apply, especially to Christians. 

Paul would disagree with you. Everything, all applies to us today. David in the Psalms talks about his LOVE for the law of God. Because the Law of God was given for our benefit and our well-being. For those of us that were exposed to the public school system, this is difficult to understand. So many of the "rules" were not for our sake, they were for the sake of our instructors to make their life easier. With God, we are the ones that benefit. We can have sickness or health, poverty or prosperity, blessing or curse. That is our choice, and God requires us to take responsibility and make a choice. We have to make all of our own choices in life. God will not do it for us. 

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  1,628
  • Content Per Day:  1.14

2 hours ago, JohnR7 said:

There were physical sacrifices and at times God was not happy with them because the literal is a lesson for what the sacrifice symbolically represents. This is all so very basic Bible interpretation. First, we look at the literal, even as a child. Then we look at what the Bible represents symbolically. There are lots of words we can use: allegory, archetypes, paradigm, parables, homiletic and so on. 

I know pastors even with associate degrees that are very good at explaining the meaning of every tassel in the tabernacle. Of course, we know that only God can provide the sacrifice for us and that Jesus is the Lamb of God who was given for us. 

Then why did you write this..?

10 minutes ago, JimmyB said:

Then why did you write this..?

Like I said, this is basic Bible school teaching. You can do a google search on how we interpret the Bible. They call this: hermeneutics. 

In the history of biblical interpretation, four major types of hermeneutics have emerged: the literal, moral, allegorical, and anagogical.

The primary need of Hermeneutics is to determine and understand the meaning of Biblical text. The purpose of Hermeneutics is to bridge the gap between our minds and the minds of the Biblical writers through a thorough knowledge of the original languages, ancient history and the comparison of Scripture with Scripture.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  7,886
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

9 minutes ago, JohnR7 said:

Like I said, this is basic Bible school teaching. You can do a google search on how we interpret the Bible. They call this: hermeneutics. 

In the history of biblical interpretation, four major types of hermeneutics have emerged: the literal, moral, allegorical, and anagogical.

The primary need of Hermeneutics is to determine and understand the meaning of Biblical text. The purpose of Hermeneutics is to bridge the gap between our minds and the minds of the Biblical writers through a thorough knowledge of the original languages, ancient history and the comparison of Scripture with Scripture.

Have you all figured it out..

Did God put the bible together? 

Is there in the bible something God did not put? 

How about the 

"LIAR", do you know who? 

7 minutes ago, Your closest friendnt said:

"LIAR", do you know who? 

The accuser is ALWAYS the guilty party. They love to accuse others of what they are guilty of. The Bible warns us about people who go around accusing the brothern. 

The discussion has to do with hermeneutics and how to understand and interpret the Word of God. 

Edited by JohnR7