IGNORED

Im so saddened by this......legalized polygamy

angels4u

"He's right on the money from where I stand. The way you've been spamming me with your accusations indicates to me that you thrive on strife. Please stop contactting me through PM. If you have something to say, then say it. I can't figure out if you are a big baby and can't handle when someone questions your motives, or are you the evil predator that others seem to identify in you. Seek help friend."
Rather I have gone as scripture indicates, to you in private, rather than in public to resolve what is now getting rather nasty on your part. You can count on me not contacting you via PM, and you can count on public rebukes for bad behavior or just consignment to the ignore bin.

Hugh McBryde

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Why do you want more than one wife?"
I don't, I am a sworn monogamist. This is not to say that I wouldn't in theory consent to a polygyny, but I have no desire to be in one, nor do I seek one, and I have taken a vow in fact to not do so. I'll let you know if the people I have made that vow to release me from it, but I made it knowing I didn't have to and knowing God did not require it of me. I'm married to one woman and happy to know that's unlikely to change.
"What blessings come from polygomy?"
Ok, first of all, it's not Polygomy, it's Polygamy, second, the form of Polygamy practiced in scripture is more properly termed Polygyny. I would expect that the blessings that come from Polygyny are just multiples of the blessings that come from Monogamy. I would also expect that the strifes are the same, in multiples. I can't imagine that fighting wives is too much different except for skill level, than fighting children. Or a disagreement between son and father for that matter.
"Why would woman want to share a man with another woman?"
I'm not a woman, but I do know that many women already do that.
"What does the woman gain?"
Time alone? Truly, this is really very speculative, we don't have many examples of Polygyny in the western world.
"Or do you even care?"
Of course I do, but you're framing this question as if I could not possibly care. Unfair.
"What blessings do the children benefit from polygomous parents?"
More friends to play with? More adult relatives to stand by them?

Hugh McBryde

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Grace to you,

Prakk,

I have a question for you.

Quote:

And Adam called his wife's name Eve; because she was the mother of all living.

This is the most convincing passage I know of when it comes to God's original intent for the marriage of Adam. He meant it to be monogamous. I of course insist that this is not a mandate but a special case as all our marriages are or should be, special cases. Not necessarily monogamies but special, particular, made for us.

Did God ordain Marriage for you or for Christ?

In other words is his Law a respector of persons?

Peace,

Dave

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

"He's right on the money from where I stand. The way you've been spamming me with your accusations indicates to me that you thrive on strife. Please stop contactting me through PM. If you have something to say, then say it. I can't figure out if you are a big baby and can't handle when someone questions your motives, or are you the evil predator that others seem to identify in you. Seek help friend."
Rather I have gone as scripture indicates, to you in private, rather than in public to resolve what is now getting rather nasty on your part. You can count on me not contacting you via PM, and you can count on public rebukes for bad behavior or just consignment to the ignore bin.

Hugh McBryde

Thank you :thumbsup:

"Did God ordain Marriage for you or for Christ?"
God did, and your quote of me goes to the original set up of marriage and subsequent marriages, the first generation after Adam all being incestuous by our standards.
"In other words is his Law a respector of persons?"
You'll have to expand a bit on that, I'm not sure what you mean and would hate to speculate in this case.

Hugh McBryde

Grace to you,

My quote of you goes to this statement;

marriages are or should be, special cases. Not necessarily monogamies but special, particular, made for us

Was God ordaining Marriage for each individuals own Good or for the Glory of our Lord Jesus Christ? It seems that you think that Gods Law was made bendable upon each individual instance. Since it was made for us and not His own Glory. That is what I'm gathering by the above statement that it was Ordained to be unique to each one of us.

I would urge caution there simply because God is not a respector of persons. He has made His Grace availabe to all men. be they Greek or Jew. To say he has respect for each individual way a man perceives Marriage to be. Would be outside of His very Nature.

The fact of the matter is that Marriage wasn't ordained for Adam but for the Glory of God.

To bend His statutes and charecter the way that you do. Also allows for the same self argument that the Homosexual brings. That he indeed does Love his partner and that God will understand his individual preference. This is simply flat out a lie. :thumbsup:

Peace,

Dave

Edited by Dr. Luke

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

"Why do you want more than one wife?"
I don't, I am a sworn monogamist. This is not to say that I wouldn't in theory consent to a polygyny, but I have no desire to be in one, nor do I seek one, and I have taken a vow in fact to not do so. I'll let you know if the people I have made that vow to release me from it, but I made it knowing I didn't have to and knowing God did not require it of me. I'm married to one woman and happy to know that's unlikely to change.

So, why are you pushing polymamy / polygyny? :thumbsup:

"What blessings come from polygomy?"
Ok, first of all, it's not Polygomy, it's Polygamy,

Misspell. Does it make a difference? :blink:

second, the form of Polygamy practiced in scripture is more properly termed Polygyny.

Does it matter?

I would expect that the blessings that come from Polygyny...

You expect?

Do you mean you haven't considered the consequences of this lifestyle you are arguing for?

"Why would woman want to share a man with another woman?"
I'm not a woman, but I do know that many women already do that.

Other than third world countries . . . what women where?

You are trying to sell us an argument here. Tell me, a woman, why I should favor the sharing of a man?

"What does the woman gain?"
Time alone? Truly, this is really very speculative, we don't have many examples of Polygyny in the western world.

Time alone is what the woman gains? :21::blink:

I do believe you have much to learn about women if that's what you think.

"Or do you even care?"
Of course I do, but you're framing this question as if I could not possibly care. Unfair.

Actually, it's a valid question.

Whenever I hear a man pushing polygamy, the first thing that goes through my head is "sex drive."

Honostly - have you considered the consequences of this lifestyle you are pushing/ promoting/ arguing in favor of?

Again, why are you arguing so strongly for polygamy? What is your goal? What are you after?

Why should anyone comply?

Have you considered the consequences?

"What blessings do the children benefit from polygomous parents?"
More friends to play with? More adult relatives to stand by them?

Like Jacob's family?

"Was God ordaining Marriage for each individuals own Good or for the Glory of our Lord Jesus Christ? It seems that you think that Gods Law was made bendable upon each individual instance. Since it was made for us and not His own Glory."
Please let me clear up the misunderstanding then. God made and ordained marriage, it is and was and always will be for his Glory and his Glory alone, but in doing so God designed each individual marriage for each one of us in particular. Since even in my view we don't share husbands, there is an individual component to each marriage. This is a horribly romantic view on my part, but one I think is supported by scripture.
"That is what I'm gathering by the above statement that it was Ordained to be unique to each one of us."
Each marriage is in fact individual as we are in fact all individuals and our unions individual unions.
"The fact of the matter is that Marriage wasn't ordained for Adam but for the Glory of God."
The institution of marriage, wholly for the glory of God, the individual marriage, also wholly for the glory of God, but Adam and Eve's marriage was individually designed and tailored for Adam and Eve. Unique, special, Particular. Maybe you should present this view to your wife, most women can see what I am saying immediately.
"To bend His statutes and charecter the way that you do. Also allows for the same self argument that the Homosexual brings. That he indeed does Love his partner and that God will understand his individual preference. This is simply flat out a lie."
It is impossible for homosexuals to marry. God defines marriage, marriage is not between same sex persons. The only wisdom that the silliness of "Homosexual Marriage" brings to the table is that of asking us to examine what our definition really is. There is no homosexual marriage, there never was, there never can be, it will never happen.

Hugh McBryde

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Maybe you should present this view to your wife, most women can see what I am saying immediately.

:thumbsup: This one can't.

Grace to you,

Maybe you should present this view to your wife, most women can see what I am saying immediately.

Sir, that would be like taking the Tiger by the Tail, where your concerned. :thumbsup: Good luck on that one. I personally do not like to wrestle Tigers nor the Word of God. I always leave in a terrible mess. :21: :21:

Oh' by the way you are partially correct in your assertations about Homosexual Marriage. God Ordained Marriage between One man and One woman.

Again I agree that God Ordained Marriage for His Glory. We are in agreement. However I would like to add. Why add the crutch? You are horribly romantic by your own assertion. :blink: I am too. My wife and I were Created for each other. She for me and I for her. In this we are complete and formed in the image of Christ. :24: Why the need for a third or maybe fourth wheel to sustain the Word of God? Is it not complete in it's Ordained form?

God always wanted Worship from mankind. Right from the heart. It was, our idea, to add to that dimension our form of Offerings. So we could say,"I've stuck in my thumb and pulled out a plumb, look what a Good boy am I". When really being a Good Boy was about being a Son of God formed in His likeness.

Is our Worship of the Lord more complete with say two wives, or maybe even three? You are saying that our Blessings will be multiple with more wives. So then our Worship must be that much more grand and complete outside of His Word? Nay, Our completeness is found in our Obedience to His call. :blink:

Peace,

Dave

Edited by Dr. Luke