This Christian Chat

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  225
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  0

I've never been in a Christian chat room before but I've been in all sorts of others. And now that I am a Christian I just think it's kind of funny that I come here thinking I'm going to talk to other people on subjects that people share, and very few people actually make a comment it's more reactions and quoting scripture. Which is fine to a point but when you want to have a discussion there's no content. 

If you are in my line of work and we were in serious discussions on the programming of a M20 motor grader and decided that you're going to quote me passages out of the handbook or just send me a reactions I'd hang up on you in a heartbeat. 

So I'm just asking can we have a decent conversation. I mean if you want to quote scripture that's great but add something to it with your own words. And reactions are fine but tell me what you're thinking talk to me at least, that's why I came out here.

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.65

On 9/24/2022 at 3:20 PM, Dirt Eaters said:

I've never been in a Christian chat room before but I've been in all sorts of others. And now that I am a Christian I just think it's kind of funny that I come here thinking I'm going to talk to other people on subjects that people share, and very few people actually make a comment it's more reactions and quoting scripture. Which is fine to a point but when you want to have a discussion there's no content. 

If you are in my line of work and we were in serious discussions on the programming of a M20 motor grader and decided that you're going to quote me passages out of the handbook or just send me a reactions I'd hang up on you in a heartbeat. 

So I'm just asking can we have a decent conversation. I mean if you want to quote scripture that's great but add something to it with your own words. And reactions are fine but tell me what you're thinking talk to me at least, that's why I came out here.

My pet peeve is a little different. I see questions that can be answered simply and concisely, and then pages and pages of opinion, personal observations and scriptures--even too much personal slant at times--what you've been missing. By that I mean I'd love to see more concise, direct answers here at Worthy and some of the talkier Worthy posters witnessing on sites where there are spiritual seekers.

Thanks for your comment.

1 hour ago, Billiards Ball said:

My pet peeve is a little different. I see questions that can be answered simply and concisely, and then pages and pages of opinion, personal observations and scriptures--even too much personal slant at times--what you've been missing. By that I mean I'd love to see more concise, direct answers here at Worthy and some of the talkier Worthy posters witnessing on sites where there are spiritual seekers.

Thanks for your comment.

Agreed . 

I have noticed, if you ask a direct question, either the person avoids it. Or changes the subject all together. 

Sometimes, i have felt the question to be useless. Like asking a person if they are a Christian. Like answering yes to that was proof of the pudding.

At those clubs i was involved in. Preachers would come in and participate in thier events. I asked a few, are you a Christians? And he said yes. 

Let me tell you, my view of Christians went into the toilet for a long time after that.

Calling yourself a Christian doesnt make you one, as the scripture states. Following the will of God does

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.21
  • Days Won:  115

You have me a bit confused here by using the term "chat room".  Are you speaking about these discussion forums or Worthy Chat?  There is a difference and a whole lot of difference at that.  Here, in the discussion forum, time is not an issue.  You start a topic or ask a question, people can take as much time to answer as they need or want, giving them enough time to create any form of response they desire to reply with.  Worthy Chat is another world.  Time is an issue there.  Take too much time to respond and the question will disappear, the subject has changed and people act surprised and a bit confused when you do reply.

Forums = do your research, take as much time as you need as they thread will still be there

Worthy Chat = instant replies, fast typing, quick topic change, lot's of knee jerk responses

If you want real time replies, use the chat room --> https://www.worthychristianchat.com/

• Well Said! 1

55 minutes ago, Rosie1jack2pauline3 said:

I 100% agree..Amen!!

Is it ok if i follow you. I would like to read your thoughts on verious subjects, lisa

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.65

23 hours ago, Dirt Eaters said:

Agreed . 

I have noticed, if you ask a direct question, either the person avoids it. Or changes the subject all together. 

Sometimes, i have felt the question to be useless. Like asking a person if they are a Christian. Like answering yes to that was proof of the pudding.

At those clubs i was involved in. Preachers would come in and participate in thier events. I asked a few, are you a Christians? And he said yes. 

Let me tell you, my view of Christians went into the toilet for a long time after that.

Calling yourself a Christian doesnt make you one, as the scripture states. Following the will of God does

I appreciate your answer, but would say "trusting Jesus for eternal life" not "following God's will" does--especially since the NT says the will of God is for people to trust Jesus.

7 hours ago, Billiards Ball said:

I appreciate your answer, but would say "trusting Jesus for eternal life" not "following God's will" does--especially since the NT says the will of God is for people to trust Jesus.

It was a quote from scripture.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Billiards Ball said:

To "follow the will of God" is what scripture says to do. 🙄

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

On 9/26/2022 at 9:44 AM, OneLight said:

You have me a bit confused here by using the term "chat room".  Are you speaking about these discussion forums or Worthy Chat?  There is a difference and a whole lot of difference at that.  Here, in the discussion forum, time is not an issue.  You start a topic or ask a question, people can take as much time to answer as they need or want, giving them enough time to create any form of response they desire to reply with.  Worthy Chat is another world.  Time is an issue there.  Take too much time to respond and the question will disappear, the subject has changed and people act surprised and a bit confused when you do reply.

Forums = do your research, take as much time as you need as they thread will still be there

Worthy Chat = instant replies, fast typing, quick topic change, lot's of knee jerk responses

If you want real time replies, use the chat room --> https://www.worthychristianchat.com/

You do talk back and forth here , it is a form of chat. 

Now you can have all sorts of names for this , but the bottom line is still the same. It is a chat line.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  910
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,667
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  9

On 9/24/2022 at 2:20 PM, Dirt Eaters said:

First of all, WELCOME TO ETERNAL LIFE ! ! !

Secondly, I used to indulge in chat rooms almost 30 years ago (which were so addictive to me then, well I'm better off on message boards... ).

I am also not a very fast typist (with many corrections needed). So message board it is.

I completely understand your point about chatting with Christians.

I must admit skipping over the many posts even here that indulge in the type of conversations you are speaking of.

I do believe in Bible study and teaching it's principles. But that doesn't necessarily mean "quoting the manual" at each and every point. 

Your Screen Name is what caught my attention. My Beloved Wife (of 42 years this Christmas) spoke of how she liked to eat from the

mud pies she used to make as  a small girl. Her mother took her to the Doctor for it and he diagnosed it as a mineral deficiency. My Beloved

said she simply liked the taste. LOL

Anyway, I hope you stick around here to chat / converse on message boards and that it is more like what you are looking for.

Oh, I wanted to add, that I am on Quora Digest for the same reasons you mentioned. Many of the people I interact with are non-believers or

new believers there. My handle over there is John DBaptiste (observer of life).