• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,240
  • Content Per Day:  2.10
  • Days Won:  4

1 hour ago, Sparks said:

Maybe if you re-read the post it will help?

I haven’t seen you post a cogent argument contradicting the obvious fact that modern White Supremacists support the Republican Party. Re-reading anything you’ve posted will not change that.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  6,159
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  8

5 hours ago, one.opinion said:

I haven’t seen you post a cogent argument contradicting the obvious fact that modern White Supremacists support the Republican Party.

Really, who cares if they did support the Republican party?  The Republicans don't support them and are not them. 

There was a video where Trump denounced White Supremacists 38 times as head of the Republican party, but that is never enough once the Liberal Democrats take something out of context and believe it.  :mellow:

Christians have no business being in the Democrat party.

2 hours ago, Sparks said:

Really, who cares if they did support the Republican party?  The Republicans don't support them and are not them.

Most Republicans are not White Supremacists, yet many are. Many are spurred on by the likes of Tucker Carlson convincing them that non-whites are the root of many of their problems. The White Supremacists invariably align with one party for a reason.

2 hours ago, Sparks said:

Christians have no business being in the Democrat party.

Both of the two modern American political parties leave much to be desired for a principled Christian.

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  6,159
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  8

3 hours ago, one.opinion said:

Most Republicans are not White Supremacists, yet many are.

Barely any white people are white supremacists, and I see no evidence that any are necessarily Republicans.

Many are spurred on by the likes of Tucker Carlson convincing them that non-whites are the root of many of their problems.

I can see that you don't watch Tucker Carlson because he does not spur on white supremacists.  Tucker would point out that Democrats are the root of many problems, though, and he would be right about that.

The White Supremacists invariably align with one party for a reason.

The only logical reason for a white supremacist to be a white supremacists is that they happen to be white.  The concept of white supremacy does not tie to politics, and the Republicans are not the 'White Party.'  

As I have pointed out, there are no different races; we are one race, the human race. 

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,271
  • Content Per Day:  4.90
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

On 10/20/2022 at 1:13 PM, one.opinion said:

However, in the 1960s and 70s, the "Southern Strategy" began to flip the two major American political parties

Tell me, which political party resisted all the civil rights acts of the 1960's? Which politicians lauded the Grand Wizard or Grand Cyclops (Byrd) of the KKK at his funeral when he died? It sure wasn't any Republicans. Democrats are still oppressing blacks in the large inner cities. They only pretend to help them just to keep their votes. Someday blacks may wake up. Those that do are called uncle Toms and such. Blacks who manage to get out of the Democratically controlled cites, away from the despair and poverty, tend to vote conservatively. It is largely those on the dole who continue to blindly follow the Democrats because they promote the welfare state. Republicans try to lift them out of their poverty while Democrats are content to leave them there. That, my friend, is racism.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.51
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

Policy does matter and the Welfare state has done a msassive amount of damage to human lives.

Many years ago--late 70's perhaps, I read a white paper on the 'matriarchal' society that developed in the inner cities because of the welfare state. Men and women making babies and the men abandoning them for life on the streets or in jails because of a lack of incentive to work jobs and thus stay out of trouble. Mom's then raising children alone and having more babies with various men in order to collect bigger checks.

I cannot be said, with certainty, if it was originally the intent--but it can be said that it has continued with the knowledge of the damage caused.

1 hour ago, Rick-Parker said:

Tell me, which political party resisted all the civil rights acts of the 1960's? Which politicians lauded the Grand Wizard or Grand Cyclops (Byrd) of the KKK at his funeral when he died?

There is no sense in denying that in the 1960s, White Supremacists found their home within the Democratic Party. Likewise, there is no sense in denying that in the 2020s, White Supremacists find their home within the Republican Party.

I think it is more reasonable for voting citizens to focus on policies rather than party.

Personally--I think the majority are crooks irrespective of party, If not crooks, then more self-serving than other-serving.

Policies, I tell ya.

11 minutes ago, Alive said:

I think it is more reasonable for voting citizens to focus on policies rather than party.

The problem is that policies cannot be teased apart from parties. Voting for one party due to a policy I feel strongly about automatically means voting for policies I don’t agree with by extension.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, one.opinion said:

The problem is that policies cannot be teased apart from parties. Voting for one party due to a policy I feel strongly about automatically means voting for policies I don’t agree with by extension.

Everything is a compromise in this world. In the arena of politics, one must weigh things out and find the balance point. Otherwise, we opt out.