IGNORED

Does anyone ever feel invisible on the internet ? Like, You have this silent feeling from a flat way of communication ?

believeinHim

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  431
  • Topics Per Day:  0.28
  • Content Count:  3,209
  • Content Per Day:  2.08
  • Days Won:  0

Does anyone ever feel invisible on the internet ? Like you have the silent feeling from a flat way of communication ?

I feel completely invisible on the internet, And then I rely on a silent feeling from what it is that half the time I don't even know what it is I am communicating. I never know if the person read it, or saw it, I never know what or how they are going to respond, And I never understand tech at all. I can be as smart as with anything, Which I don't think I am with anything, And it all just feels like a silent feeling. I am completely confused with technology an d don't understand any of it. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

14 minutes ago, believeinHim said:

Does anyone ever feel invisible on the internet ? Like you have the silent feeling from a flat way of communication ?

I feel completely invisible on the internet, And then I rely on a silent feeling from what it is that half the time I don't even know what it is I am communicating. I never know if the person read it, or saw it, I never know what or how they are going to respond, And I never understand tech at all. I can be as smart as with anything, Which I don't think I am with anything, And it all just feels like a silent feeling. I am completely confused with technology an d don't understand any of it. 

You are typing words on a computer to another person on their computer. Having physically never seen the person. So perhaps we are invisible to others on the computer. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

No, I never do, if anything, I feel too visible!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  265
  • Content Per Day:  0.45

29 minutes ago, believeinHim said:

Well, like you, I don't know how many people read any of my posts, if any. All I see is the number of views. The thing is, is that you don't see anyone on the other end nodding their head in agreement or shaking it no in disagreement. All we get is a typed-out response and message. That's it. But I still like the fact that I can communicate with others through the internet.

And writing things down and conveying thoughts through writing has its advantages for both the writer and reader. For example, how much of this post would you remember if you and I were talking face to face--if I were just speaking and you were listening? How much?

But if you write something down and convey it to this board, then I and all have something that anyone can go back to and reread and maybe ask for clarification about what you are talking about.

So, yeah, in a way there is this certain silence, especially when you come back here and see that no has posted anything at this forum for several hours or maybe even a day or two. Then the forum feels like a ghost-town. And what do ghost-towns sound like in western movies? You hear the wind howling and maybe those balls of grass or whatever rolling across deserted streets.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,955
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  1

Hello (echo) , is there anybody out there....just node if you can hear me.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  265
  • Content Per Day:  0.45

5 minutes ago, Jedi4Yahweh said:

Is there anyone home?

Come on now
I hear you're feeling down
And I can ease your pain
Get you on your feet again
  • Thumbs Up 2

28 minutes ago, NCAP said:

Well, like you, I don't know how many people read any of my posts, if any. All I see is the number of views. The thing is, is that you don't see anyone on the other end nodding their head in agreement or shaking it no in disagreement. All we get is a typed-out response and message. That's it. But I still like the fact that I can communicate with others through the internet.

And writing things down and conveying thoughts through writing has its advantages for both the writer and reader. For example, how much of this post would you remember if you and I were talking face to face--if I were just speaking and you were listening? How much?

But if you write something down and convey it to this board, then I and all have something that anyone can go back to and reread and maybe ask for clarification about what you are talking about.

So, yeah, in a way there is this certain silence, especially when you come back here and see that no has posted anything at this forum for several hours or maybe even a day or two. Then the forum feels like a ghost-town. And what do ghost-towns sound like in western movies? You hear the wind howling and maybe those balls of grass or whatever rolling across deserted streets.

Well, Honestly I have come to find out I like the ghost town feeling. I am just confused on the internet. I don't pick up on people's cues and half the time I am ruminating or rapid cycling. It's so confusing. 

31 minutes ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

No, I never do, if anything, I feel too visible!

That's how I feel in person :20:

• Followers:  41
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,324
  • Content Per Day:  1.64
  • Days Won:  2

44 minutes ago, Jedi4Yahweh said:

:emot-nod: Hellooooo....I hear you out there.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Not really...often my "voice" on the internet spills over into real life.... everything from being on the front page of the paper to "your that guy on Facebook"

Ive actually been working harder on keeping a lower profile online.

• Thumbs Up 1