• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  242
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  4,256
  • Content Per Day:  1.54
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  10/04/1980

a few years ago i hung around a Jehovah witness just to see what they were all about. i went to a few meetings and asked a lot of questions to the guy i hung with. one thing he said was that the name Jehovah was removed from the bible over 700 times abd anytime the word Lord or God was there the original word was Jehovah so im wondering if that is true and if it is why was it replaced?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.72
  • Days Won:  0

53 minutes ago, Ghostdog said:

a few years ago i hung around a Jehovah witness just to see what they were all about. i went to a few meetings and asked a lot of questions to the guy i hung with. one thing he said was that the name Jehovah was removed from the bible over 700 times abd anytime the word Lord or God was there the original word was Jehovah so im wondering if that is true and if it is why was it replaced?

It is always up to the person making a claim to suppport there claim with evidence.

Try asking him for the evidence, but also get the names ans qualifcations of the author of any articles he mentions.

2nd, read the preface to your bible, as in it the editor explains how they  have shown the ' YHW ' into LORD.

It is a mark of a cult/sect that they major in minor matters. The name of Jehovah is not a major issue in the bible, obedience to him is.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  790
  • Content Per Day:  0.25

1 hour ago, Ghostdog said:

It isn't true - there is absolutely no evidence that the name 'Jehovah' or 'Yahweh' was ever in the New Testament. It's a  theory that they have invented to account for the fact that it isn't mentioned - which debunks their claim that only those who use the name of God are saved.

(Most English Bibles have replaced the name 'Yahweh' with "the LORD" throughout the Old Testament. This is pure convention, following the Jewish tradition of not speaking God's name - it's in the Hebrew manuscripts. But it doesn't appear anywhere in the original Greek New Testament)

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  186
  • Content Per Day:  0.15

On 10/2/2022 at 10:11 PM, Ghostdog said:

its called translation to english

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,955
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  1

On 10/3/2022 at 12:11 AM, Ghostdog said:

It is true that God's name: YHVH has been removed from our bibles but not 700 times its over 7000 places where it was removed.  Nearly every place its says "The Lord" in the old testament is replacing his divine name "YHVH" aka (Yod Hey Vav Hey).  There is a lot of speculation on why they replaced it.  Many of the Jewish writings replaced God's name with "Hashem" which means "The Name", because they held the it was too sacred to pronounce.  Many of the vowel markers where removed from YHVH so people would not pronounce it as well.  Some say since the name had become obscured and unknown how to pronounce correctly and decided to replace it with "The Lord" instead, not sure why they just didn't leave it as YHVH.  We know from certain places in scripture that the first part of YHVH is "Yah" the reset is have been up to speculations.  So therefor, we have all sorts spellings such as Yahovah, Yahweh, Yahuwah, Yahavah, etc...   Technically there was no 'w' letter in ancient Hebrew but the "v" or Vav sounds close to a "w" when used with certain vowel markers in some cases and this is why some use "w" in place of "v".  Also, there was no 'j' letter or sound in ancient Hebrew but many translations decided to use "J" instead of "Y" not sure why.   For instance Joshua which means "YHVH's salvation" is pronounced/spelled "Yahoshua" in Hebrew, which also the name of our Messiah in Hebrew that people refer to as Jesus in Greek.  The name "Jesus" is not a translation from Hebrew but a transliteration where they took the name and formed a whole new name that is not even equivalent to the Hebrew name or meaning.  Even though some say "Jesus" means "salvation" but Jesus nor Iesus translate to "salvation" in greek.   Soteria is the greek word for salvation.

Edited by Jedi4Yahweh