• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

19 hours ago, Dirt Eaters said:

Ok so you seem resonable, on a different subject. I have this question. When i ask at church, all i get is sarcasm.

We understand that Jesus is the author of the scripture. And the scripture even states the this is via the Holy Spirit. Mary says, "from this day forward, all nations will call me blessed"

The comments other than sarcasm include, that is catholic teaching.

So, they believe the catholics came before the scripture, how absurd. Why are Christians not observing that Mary is blessed. I never hear anyone ever referred to Mary as blessed Mary Mother of Jesus.

I know that Jesus says that anyone can be the mother the fact is that only one person was the mother and she said yes. I think that we should at least have some respect for Mary and not throw her in a corner as if she was nothing. People have more respect for Queen Elizabeth than they do blessed Mary the mother of Jesus.

It just seems to me that Jesus and the Holy Spirit are the ones that feel it is important to have it written in the scripture. Otherwise why would it be in the scripture in the first place if there was not some importance put to blessed Mary.

I agree that non-Catholic Christians tend not to give Miryam bat Eli (Mary the Mother of Jesus) the honor that is due her. She is, after all, God's choice for the unbelievably harrowing task.  To be:

1. the gestational surrogate of the last prototype human being (1 Corinthians 15:45) Adam = prototype Note also: Jesus never called Mary "mother" or "my mother" but "Woman."
  2. to bear the shame and pain of being doubted by all as to the legitimacy of the pregnancy (Matthew 1:19 and the Jesus son of Pantera [a Roman sodier] lie that impugns Mary) 
  3. some believe John 8:41 is a snide inference to Jesus' legitimate birth being called into question an thus a lifelong stigma both he and hims family and his mother lived with
  4. Joseph did change his mind about divorcing Mary (the Bible calls him a just man for not wanting to have her stoned in the first place) but there is only one other inferred mention of him after that (when Jesus was 12 and remained in the Temple courts "his parents" chided him... Joseph may have died, or left eventually. He was nowhere to be found when Jesus handed off the responsibility of Mary's care to John (John 16:26-27)
  5. Mary not only endured the additional stigma of people doubting her legitimacy, the added pain of child birth as a virgin, the trek to Bethlehem while about to give birth, doing so in a barn / parking garage for 1st Century C.E. mode of transportation... raising that perfect child among siblings who must've hated him, but she watched him die the more cruel, agonizing execution known to man

But Mary will tell you herself she was not immaculately conceived. That is the Roman Catholic way of trying to explain what science later learned was the gestational surrogacy of the fully functional holy embryo that God the Word became by the lone creation of the Father (John 1:14 / 1 Corinthians 15:45). The trouble with regressive virgin births is that no matter how far you go back, there has to be another one and then another and so on. Jesus is the Adam the Father created. The Adam Jesus created was a full grown man on day one. The Adam the Father created was gestated from the embryonic stage to meet all the legal requirements of being born the Son of man (i.e. Adam, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Judah, David...) without having the genetic fallen nature of man.

Roman Catholics in their veneration of Mary (which is a form of the Queen of heaven cult [Jeremiah 7:18,  Jeremiah 14:18-19, Jeremiah 14:25] ) praying to her, worshiping her, and even classifying her as co-redemptrix with Christ... also the distorted phrase Mother of God... 

While none of that is biblical, and no doubt extremely exacerbating to Mary, I agree with you most Christians do not giver her the due respect and admiration she deserves.

I hope I don't come across to you as "reading the manual of an earth mover." I do believe in citing evidence in God's Manual... but not just firing unexplained verses at people (unless they are the definitive answer, of course).

Be blessed.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,002
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  0

21 hours ago, Dirt Eaters said:

It just seems to me that Jesus and the Holy Spirit are the ones that feel it is important to have it written in the scripture. Otherwise why would it be in the scripture in the first place if there was not some importance put to blessed Mary.

Verily Verily I say unto you, wheresoever this good news shall be preached in the whole world, there shall also this, that this woman has done, be told for a memorial of her.  Matthew 26:13
Jesus speaking of Lazarus' sister Mary (John 11:2) who put ointment on His feet.

We don't read Paul speaking of her, and neither does any denomination make any regular mention of her (besides perhaps what a preacher may happen to preach)

But clearly Jesus said "wheresoever this good news shall be preached in the whole world, there shall also this, that this woman has done, be told for a memorial of her"

So how are we to take that? Should every sermon preaching the 'gospel' include something about that Mary?
I don't think so, but what we can see is that the four core 'gospels' Matthew Mark, Luke and John all say something about her.

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

I see a lot of the world on Worthy.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  225
  • Content Per Day:  0.39

On 11/7/2022 at 2:05 AM, JohnD said:

I agree that non-Catholic Christians tend not to give Miryam bat Eli (Mary the Mother of Jesus) the honor that is due her. She is, after all, God's choice for the unbelievably harrowing task.  To be:

1. the gestational surrogate of the last prototype human being (1 Corinthians 15:45) Adam = prototype Note also: Jesus never called Mary "mother" or "my mother" but "Woman."
  2. to bear the shame and pain of being doubted by all as to the legitimacy of the pregnancy (Matthew 1:19 and the Jesus son of Pantera [a Roman sodier] lie that impugns Mary) 
  3. some believe John 8:41 is a snide inference to Jesus' legitimate birth being called into question an thus a lifelong stigma both he and hims family and his mother lived with
  4. Joseph did change his mind about divorcing Mary (the Bible calls him a just man for not wanting to have her stoned in the first place) but there is only one other inferred mention of him after that (when Jesus was 12 and remained in the Temple courts "his parents" chided him... Joseph may have died, or left eventually. He was nowhere to be found when Jesus handed off the responsibility of Mary's care to John (John 16:26-27)
  5. Mary not only endured the additional stigma of people doubting her legitimacy, the added pain of child birth as a virgin, the trek to Bethlehem while about to give birth, doing so in a barn / parking garage for 1st Century C.E. mode of transportation... raising that perfect child among siblings who must've hated him, but she watched him die the more cruel, agonizing execution known to man

But Mary will tell you herself she was not immaculately conceived. That is the Roman Catholic way of trying to explain what science later learned was the gestational surrogacy of the fully functional holy embryo that God the Word became by the lone creation of the Father (John 1:14 / 1 Corinthians 15:45). The trouble with regressive virgin births is that no matter how far you go back, there has to be another one and then another and so on. Jesus is the Adam the Father created. The Adam Jesus created was a full grown man on day one. The Adam the Father created was gestated from the embryonic stage to meet all the legal requirements of being born the Son of man (i.e. Adam, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Judah, David...) without having the genetic fallen nature of man.

Roman Catholics in their veneration of Mary (which is a form of the Queen of heaven cult [Jeremiah 7:18,  Jeremiah 14:18-19, Jeremiah 14:25] ) praying to her, worshiping her, and even classifying her as co-redemptrix with Christ... also the distorted phrase Mother of God... 

While none of that is biblical, and no doubt extremely exacerbating to Mary, I agree with you most Christians do not giver her the due respect and admiration she deserves.

I hope I don't come across to you as "reading the manual of an earth mover." I do believe in citing evidence in God's Manual... but not just firing unexplained verses at people (unless they are the definitive answer, of course).

Be blessed.

You show a lot of personal views, that are more personal than scriptural. 

I can not agree with most you have said. Not really sure where you are coming from.

8 hours ago, missmuffet said:

I see a lot of the world on Worthy.

Agreed

On 11/7/2022 at 4:37 AM, Desopixi Seilynam said:

Verily Verily I say unto you, wheresoever this good news shall be preached in the whole world, there shall also this, that this woman has done, be told for a memorial of her.  Matthew 26:13
Jesus speaking of Lazarus' sister Mary (John 11:2) who put ointment on His feet.

We don't read Paul speaking of her, and neither does any denomination make any regular mention of her (besides perhaps what a preacher may happen to preach)

But clearly Jesus said "wheresoever this good news shall be preached in the whole world, there shall also this, that this woman has done, be told for a memorial of her"

So how are we to take that? Should every sermon preaching the 'gospel' include something about that Mary?
I don't think so, but what we can see is that the four core 'gospels' Matthew Mark, Luke and John all say something about her.

I think more respect is needed, clearly.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

7 minutes ago, Dirt Eaters said:
On 11/7/2022 at 2:05 AM, JohnD said:

Be blessed.

You show a lot of personal views, that are more personal than scriptural. 

I can not agree with most you have said. Not really sure where you are coming from.

Actually more biblical than traditional.

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  95
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

In my old fundie (fundamentalist) days, this was called "cherry picking" the Bible. We were supposed to follow all the commandments...but while avoiding pork we'd be wearing mixed fabrics...

I am amazed how many denominations don't read Scripture...I quoted a verse about "David danced" and was told dancing wasn't allowed in the Bible so that verse wasn't in there...:taped:

No person is perfect, no church is perfect...

On 11/9/2022 at 5:36 AM, Kat70s said:

In my old fundie (fundamentalist) days, this was called "cherry picking" the Bible. We were supposed to follow all the commandments...but while avoiding pork we'd be wearing mixed fabrics...

I am amazed how many denominations don't read Scripture...I quoted a verse about "David danced" and was told dancing wasn't allowed in the Bible so that verse wasn't in there...:taped:

No person is perfect, no church is perfect...

My brother was telling me that church is today are more verse based in their thinking then they are in actually retaining the word in the sense of reading it as a whole

And I have to agree with him because at church last Sunday one of the preachers was making a whole speech on four words of a phrase. And when I read the scripture that he took it out of the rest of the paragraph in the scripture was not what he was talking about in the first place

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1