• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,031
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

Blessings AdHoc .

Well said,I like your analogies as well---there is really nothing better than the simplicity in what is Written,yes marvelous events point to more marvelous events that will come to pass Good read,nicely done---- I'm not one for overcomplicating Gods Will

Thanks & God Bless you " marvelously"❤️

With love in Christ, Kwik

Yes. The first thing is always to take it as it is. Add nothing and subtract nothing and don't even apply a speculation. The next things is to examine the text in the light of identical, or almost identical texts. For instance, in two gospels the transfiguration was "after SIX days" (Matthew and Mark). But in Luke it is "an about eight days after these sayings". This must be investigated. Then, we can compare phrases or ideas with the same in other texts. This gives more light. Then we see if nature is involved for the things of God can be observed in nature (Romans 1). And so on.

But if we stick to one golden rule, we can enjoy what this unfathomable Word shows us without danger. The rule is; Do not make doctrine from anything except direct statements. If we make doctrine from Types, Shadows, Parables and/or Analogies - all of which are limited - we join the crazies.

Take care.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

12 minutes ago, AdHoc said:

Yes. The first thing is always to take it as it is. Add nothing and subtract nothing and don't even apply a speculation. The next things is to examine the text in the light of identical, or almost identical texts. For instance, in two gospels the transfiguration was "after SIX days" (Matthew and Mark). But in Luke it is "an about eight days after these sayings". This must be investigated. Then, we can compare phrases or ideas with the same in other texts. This gives more light. Then we see if nature is involved for the things of God can be observed in nature (Romans 1). And so on.

But if we stick to one golden rule, we can enjoy what this unfathomable Word shows us without danger. The rule is; Do not make doctrine from anything except direct statements. If we make doctrine from Types, Shadows, Parables and/or Analogies - all of which are limited - we join the crazies.

Take care.

:red-neck-laughing-smiley-emoticon:Well I might lead the pack..... Just kidding,I agree 100percent- God's Word Gives us His Word for comparisons and confirmation- plus, for me,I also like to parallel read a few versions when studying

Sticking to the basics,sticking to the Truth -that's why I read your posts and am interested in what you have to say.     God Bless you Brother

In His Love,Kwik

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,466
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

On 10/21/2022 at 3:17 PM, AdHoc said:

we join the crazies.

You're pulling my hair out AdHoc :D

Larry.jpg

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,031
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Dennis1209 said:

You're pulling my hair out AdHoc :D

Larry.jpg

Even the most diligent and accurate student of scripture soon looses his nerve - and his hair. That grand Book soon brings a man to his wit's end. But, oh what joy when we discover a small point. And all the while our Great God is smiling and saying; "what took you so long?"

• Thumbs Up 1