IGNORED

Catholics Vs. Protestants (I don't get it)

Not of the World

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  909
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,656
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

21 hours ago, Not of the World said:

May I ask, how did you end up in Israel?  

I am in the SPIRITUAL HOUSE of Israel (i.e. the Church of Jesus Christ) see Jeremiah 31:31-34.

• Interesting! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,907
  • Content Per Day:  1.28
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/06/1952

3 hours ago, Jedi4Yahweh said:

I am also engineer with a Masters degree in Computer Science and can tell you math or science does not explain our supernatural God.

When it comes to the Bible you do not even qualify for the first grade. It would take a lot of work to get you up to a third grade level of understanding. 

4 hours ago, Jedi4Yahweh said:

How does science explain creation as described in the bible?

A good place to start would be Neil Degrasse Tyson's book on astrophysics. Also, I would recommend Gerald Schroeder.  PhD MIT. Tyson is agnostic. Schroeder is a professor at the Universities in Jerusalem. I realize a lot of Creation Science is garbage, but there are people out there with a little bit of understanding. I used to recommend Frances Collins, who wrote the Language of God. I do not recommend him anymore because he removed the ban on research on high risk virus, and that has payola written all over it for me. He considers himself to be a leading theistic evolutionist. But he has not put that much effort into it - so like most of what he does there are more holes in it than Swiss cheese. While we are on cheese, you may want to check into Cheddar man. 

http://geraldschroeder.com/wordpress/the-age-of-the-universe/

https://www.thearchaeologist.org/blog/mesolithic-skeleton-known-as-cheddar-man-shares-the-same-dna-with-english-teacher-of-history

page.jpg

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,885
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

7 hours ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

I didn't write what I did to defend Luther.  Who of us are perfect?   There is one that is perfect and His name is Jesus.  I, on the other hand, am a flawed follower of His.

You are more than that, a lot more than that...

The importance is that you are okay for Jesus the way we are even we are not ok as we often think about ourselves...we have to think that we are loved by him...in a very special way all the time...

2 hours ago, Not of the World said:

I think I share your perspective - to a point.  Should we leave Catholics alone because, after all, they believe in Christ?  Or should we continue to expose the Church's fallacies so that the Church does not (one day) lead them down a completely wrong path, such as proclaiming the anti-Christ (when he appears) to be Christ himself?  

I can see it now.  The Pope kneels down to the anti-Christ and proclaims that "our savior has returned in glory!" and, just like that, 1 Billion+ Catholics are deceived.  

I think we need to "plant some seeds" in them that the Pope and the Church is erroneous.  

The point I wanted to make is when I said to leave them alone about the wrongs of their leadership....but to be active with a tact to let more of the light of Jesus in their heart...and less of the saints and Mary....no to attack head on those things they are atouch to and they value...but to wait for the time when on their own understand that Jesus wants to have and he deserves our worship and sing songs and hymns to him..about his wonderful works...

Jesus Christ knows how to deal with their situation...we have to leave it to him.

Attacking their leaders it makes others believe that you are harbouring bitterness in your heart...even if you do not...we talked about Jesus not in the languages of some church doctrine who seeks alliances and membership but in the language of the truth...

@Not of the World

Greetings to you...

There is a subject that I would like to open up with you...but acctually are a few more than six. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

4 hours ago, NCAP said:
4 hours ago, Jedi4Yahweh said:

For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

Wood is not the power of God, but those who worship wood are idolaters. Wood "can neither see nor hear nor walk". (Rev. 19:20)

@NCAP  You do realize how bad you are twisting scripture here, don't you?  Why are you belittling what Jesus did on the cross?  Then you reference Revelation 12:20 ... Why?

Then the beast was captured, and with him the false prophet who worked signs in his presence, by which he deceived those who received the mark of the beast and those who worshiped his image. These two were cast alive into the lake of fire burning with brimstone.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

You sure it's 50? I believe it's somewhat less.

It seems more like 500 times I have explained this to people. God simply does not give us the ability to judge others. WE can only judge ourselves and project that out on them. That is why people tell us so much about themselves when they judge others. 

So when you use science to interpret the Bible it's okay, but when I do it it's wrong.

Again, it is just a lot to explain. GOD gives us EVIDENCE in the way of artifacts and natural things like fossils, rock layers, ice core samples. He WANTS us to know what HE has done. Science gathers this evidence for us. Also Science gives us a way to understand the evidence we have. If you want to study the evidence, you can draw your own conclusions. It could be that Science does not understand what God has given them. It is amazing how much He gives us to work with.  He created a universe in a way, so we could understand what He did. Through wisdom and knowledge. 

Proverbs 3:19 The LORD founded the earth by wisdom and established the heavens by understanding. 

This is some of my experience, not my father's or my son's or daughter's.

The point I was making is I was raised from birth to adhere to science. My mom and my dad were very well education and they taught us a lot growing up. My dad has 32 degrees and certificates. 

Science tells us a LOT about what we read in our Bible. As we learn a LOT from Ancient History. In the last 100 years there has been a lot of archeology to help us understand what we are reading in our Bible. Even to prove the Bible is true. For example, you can go to Jericho and you will find the ancient wall. This is the very first thing we teach 3-year-olds as soon as they can march around the walls. Joshua fought the battle of Jericho, and the walls came tumbling down. 

original-5956226-1.jpg

5 hours ago, Jedi4Yahweh said:

The miracles that Jesus performed?

For some everything is a miracle, for some nothing is a miracle. I have seen a lot of miracles. We have to go beyond what man can do. We have to go beyond science, beyond positive thinking and the power of suggestion and the placebo effect. Even then it is difficult to "prove" because God restores things to His plan and purpose. So the real challenge is to prove that there was ever a need for a miracle. Also, we do not always see instant miracles. So are slow and gradual and take place over time. Jesus went about preaching, teaching and healing. Even He tells us that we will do greater things because He went to be with the Father. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  2,380
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Days Won:  1

Hi NotW,

Here’s my take.

A Christian is someone who has sincerely submitted ownership of their life to Christ (i.e. making Him their Lord) as a faith response to His gospel.

I don’t see any other necessary condition or requirement of Christian salvation. It doesn’t matter what organization or denomination one belongs to. It is even possible to be a genuine Christian, and be wrong about most (including fundamental) doctrines (at least for a time – until the Holy Spirit corrects us).

As individuals, we will each have to give an account of ourselves to God regarding the sincerity of our personal faith in Christ. Denominational membership will not be a factor that is considered in that judgement.

In terms of denominations, I consider a denomination to be Christian if the organisation subscribes to the Fundamental Doctrines of the Christian Faith, namely, the Divine Authority of Scripture, the Eternal Deity of Christ, the Virgin Birth of Christ, the Vicarious Sacrifice of Christ, and the Bodily Resurrection of Christ.

I therefore consider the Catholic Church to be a Christian denomination – though they straddle the fence with regards to the Divine Authority of Scripture. By that I mean there are resources in the Catholic Bible that I do not consider to be scripture, and Catholicism gives an equal authority to church tradition as to scripture (claiming them both to be derived from the same “well of faith”). In my estimation, the Catholic Church just sneaks under the ‘Christian’ umbrella.

In conclusion, there are both Christians (‘wise virgins’) and non-Christians (‘unwise virgins’) in all Christian denominations – and maybe even some Christians in some non-Christian organisations.

• Well Said! 1

5 hours ago, Jedi4Yahweh said:

The power of his crucifixion?  The resurrection of Messiah?  Salvation of believers?  The new birth?  Eternal life?

I am not an evangelist. They are better able to explain salvation. We had a lot of sermons on the Mind of Christ. So you could fill up a whole dictionary with the different scriptures that talks about what it means to have the Mind of Christ and what is means to be a new Creation in Christ. 

If you want to learn how to manifest, the Law of Attraction people maybe able to help you. The name it and claim it, blab it and grab it doctrine is said to have a lot of problems. 

Our physical body returns to the Earth. Dust to dust, ashes to ashes. John Wesley teaches that all of our Physical body will be brought back together at the resurrection. In the mean time when we go to Heaven our physical body returns to the earth. 

Right now, I am working on the DNA that is passed from generation to generation. There are people that have inherited DNA from people who suffered trauma, and they feel as if they have inherited that trauma in their blood. I believe God does more than to heal our ancestor's memories. I believe He goes back in time to when the event took place to bring about the healing.