IGNORED

Catholics Vs. Protestants (I don't get it)

Not of the World

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  302
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, NCAP said:

And many Christians believe that Jesus is the Father, so he ascended to himself? Does that make any sense at all?

What and who are these "many" Christians that believe Jesus is the Father?  I think you may be referring to the Oneness Pentecostal cult.  The doctrine of the trinity does not confuse the Son with the Father as they do, and any other noted heretical sect.  

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,830
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

13 minutes ago, Dave-regenerated said:

What and who are these "many" Christians that believe Jesus is the Father?  I think you may be referring to the Oneness Pentecostal cult.  The doctrine of the trinity does not confuse the Son with the Father as they do, and any other noted heretical sect.  

I've wondered myself who in the world he is talking about.  It's my understanding in having known a few Oneness Pentecostals that not even they believe that Jesus IS the Father.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  265
  • Content Per Day:  0.43

2 hours ago, Dave-regenerated said:

The ones I've talked to online (and I don't know what denomination) base it on the following scripture.

Whoever has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? (John 14:9 ESV)

Edited by NCAP

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  302
  • Content Per Day:  0.46

22 minutes ago, NCAP said:

The ones I've talked to online (and I don't what denomination) base it on the following scripture.

Whoever has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? (John 14:9 ESV)

Admittedly, it is rather difficult to understand the Trinity.  We all struggle with that.  But I would point out that while it is difficult, it is not impossible.  The point is simply that Jesus was God in the sense that a normal human being could not take on the sins of the world like he did.  There would have to be some kind of omnipresent omniscience to Jesus himself in order for him to do what he did when he died on the cross to atone for the sins of humanity.  

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,067
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Birthday:  07/07/1955

WHERE  IS  THE  UNITY  OF  THE  SPIRIT 

JOHN 6:63  it is the spirit that quickeneth  --the flesh profiteth nothing   ---   the words that  --I  SPEAK--  unto you they are spirit and they are life--

PROVERBS 15:4  a wholesome tongue is a tree of life --but perverseness therein is a breach in the spirit--

ROMANS 15:5  now  THE  GOD  of patience and consolation grant you to be likeminded one toward another according to   CHRIST  JESUS

ROMANS 15:6  that you may with one mind and one mouth glorify  GOD  even  THE  FATHER  of our  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST 

1 CORINTHIANS 1:2   --UNTO  THE  CHURCH  OF  GOD--  which is at corinth to them that are sanctified in  CHRIST  JESUS  called to be saints with all that in everyplace call upon the name  OF  JESUS  CHRIST  OUR  LORD  both theirs and ours

1 CORINTHIANS 11:1  be you followers of me even as I also am of  CHRIST 

ACTS 20:28  take heed therefore unto yourselves and to all the flock over the which the holy spirit hath made you overseers to feed  --THE  CHURCH  OF  GOD-- which  HE  hath purchased with  HIS  own  blood--

JOHN 6:54  whosoever eateth  MY  flesh and drinketh  MY  blood hath eternal life and I will raise him up the last day

--6:55--for  MY  flesh is meat indeed and  MY  blood is drink indeed

ACTS 3:22  for moses truly said unto the fathers a prophet shall  THE  LORD  YOUR  GOD  raise up unto you of your brethren like unto me  HIM  shall you hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you 

--3:23--  and it shall come to pass that every soul which will not --hear that prophet shall be destroyed from among the people 

--3:24-- yea and all the prophets from samuel and those that follow after --as many as have spoken have likewise foretold of these days--

1 TIMOTHY 2:5  for there is one  GOD  and  --ONE--  mediator between  GOD  and  men  the  man  JESUS  CHRIST

2 TIMOTHY 2:7  consider what I say --and  THE  LORD  give thee understanding in all things--

JOHN 10:16  and other sheep I have which are not of this fold them also I must bring and they shall hear  MY  voice  --and there shall be one fold  ---  AND  ONE  SHEPHERD--

MATTHEW 23:10  neither be you called masters --for  --one--  is your master even  CHRIST 

ACTS 5:29  THEN  PETER  AND  THE  OTHER  APOSTLES  ANSWERED  AND  SAID  WE  OUGHT  TO  OBEY  GOD  RATHER  THAN  MEN 

EPHESIANS 4:13  till we all come --IN THE UNITY-- of the faith  ---  and of the knowledge  --  of the  SON  OF  GOD  --  unto a perfect man unto the measure of the stature of the  --FULNESS  OF  CHRIST--

2 TIMOTHY 2:25  in meekness instructing those that oppose themselves  --if  GOD  peradventure will give them repentance   ---  TO  THE  ACKNOWLEDGING  OF  THE  TRUTH--

JOHN 14:6  JESUS  saith unto him  --I AM-- the way  --  the truth  --  and the life  --  NO  MAN  COMETH  UNTO  THE  FATHER  BUT  BY  ME 

ACTS 10:34  then peter opened his mouth and said  --of a truth I perceive that  GOD  is no respecter of persons 

PROVERBS 30:6  ADD  THOU  NOT  UNTO  HIS  WORDS  LEST  HE  REPROOVE  THEE  AND  THOU  BE  FOUND  A  LIAR  

QUITE  EVIDENT  THAT  CATHOLICS  WILL  HAVE  A  LOT  OF  COMPANY  IN  THEIR  DISOBEDIENT  DESTINATION  WITHOUT  REPENTING  AND  TURNING  TO  THE  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST  

LOVING  THE  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  873
  • Content Per Day:  0.45

5 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

we can see him together with God and in the Bosom of the Father...the word...God gave him the gift to create things by his word, by speaking...   

Jesus is the Word of God.

A word in your mind is you, though not all of you.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  7,932
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, com7fy8 said:

Jesus is the Word of God.

A word in your mind is you, though not all of you.

I did not like what you wrote and I do not want you to explain it...I am sure we can talk about something else... 

Things like: what is one of the worse things someone can say to a Catholic..

I learned more about Roman Catholicism from reading Lorraine Boettner's book Roman Catholicism than I did from 12 years of parochial school teaching.  

PS: Much of this thread is grossly out of step with the topic.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  7,932
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

3 minutes ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

I learned more about Roman Catholicism from reading Lorraine Boettner's book Roman Catholicism than I did from 12 years of parochial school teaching.  

PS: Much of this thread is grossly out of step with the topic.

Your criticism is note, but how does it help?

What are going to say to a Catholic who is the subject of evangelism about what happened to Jesus after he died? 

1 minute ago, Your closest friendnt said:

Your criticism is note, but how does it help?

I was hoping our collective focus was sharper.

1 minute ago, Your closest friendnt said:

What are going to say to a Catholic who is the subject of evangelism about what happened to Jesus after he died? 

Differentiate between Apostolic teachings from the Bible and Papal Authority by the Pope.

• Thanks 1