IGNORED

Do actively drinking alcoholics (drunkards) go to Heaven?

Not of the World

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  1,060
  • Content Per Day:  1.84
  • Days Won:  1

It seems not.  Do they go to Hell?

1 Corinthians 6:9-10

English Standard Version

9 Or do you not know that the unrighteous[a] will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, 10 nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  244
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  7,003
  • Content Per Day:  3.28
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

1 hour ago, Not of the World said:

English Standard Version

9 Or do you not know that the unrighteous[a] will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, 10 nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

Best you don't become one and find out.

• Thumbs Up 1

51 minutes ago, Michael37 said:

Best you don't become one and find out.

Great advice.  :) 

I have difficulty envisioning Jesus rejecting people who have addictions, especially those that believe in him and look to him for salvation, even if they don't follow the law to the letter.  

John 6:37 ESV 

All that the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never cast out.

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  244
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  7,003
  • Content Per Day:  3.28
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

15 hours ago, Not of the World said:

Great advice.  :) 

I have difficulty envisioning Jesus rejecting people who have addictions, especially those that believe in him and look to him for salvation, even if they don't follow the law to the letter.  

John 6:37 ESV 

All that the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never cast out.

Yes indeed.

Fortunately God doesn't make mistakes. He leads, we follow. He Judges, we are judged for our works, but not saved by our works but by our faith in Christ for salvation.

Heb 12:1-4  Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us,  (2)  looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.  (3)  For consider Him who endured such hostility from sinners against Himself, lest you become weary and discouraged in your souls.  (4)  You have not yet resisted to bloodshed, striving against sin.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,413
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

The fate of our souls is one or the other, so if they don't go to Heaven they do go to Hell. That said I do believe God is fair and just, and that it's really a case by case thing. He hears those who repent in their final days, and He knows when someone is genuinely trying and failing due to the flesh, just as He knows when someone is deliberately wallowing in any sin.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 2

1 hour ago, AnOrangeCat said:

The fate of our souls is one or the other, so if they don't go to Heaven they do go to Hell. That said I do believe God is fair and just, and that it's really a case by case thing. He hears those who repent in their final days, and He knows when someone is genuinely trying and failing due to the flesh, just as He knows when someone is deliberately wallowing in any sin.

That seems sensible to me.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  11

7 hours ago, Not of the World said:

English Standard Version

Jesus came to save sinners.  29B0A89E-5774-4067-A340-287409BC9CE4.gif.c22598d24ace4e08bfda884989589087.gif

Jesus answered and said to them, "Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. "I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners, to repentance."

- Luke 5:31-32 

Selah

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  11

continued from above . . .

And it gets even better!  God is so GOOD.  He even inspires us to repent and turn away from our sins because of His mercy and goodness!  Ahhhh…

Selah 

Or do you despise the riches of His goodness, forbearance, and longsuffering, not knowing that the goodness of God leads you to repentance?

- Romans 2:4

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  349
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,506
  • Content Per Day:  2.70

That is a good question. Perhaps if we parse scripture down a bit, focus on some keywords with biblical examples, and ask more questions.

·         What is an inheritance? Who qualifies for it, when, and why. Is it a reward?

·         What is the kingdom of God? Heaven will be on earth; is it Salvation, eternal life, or the millennium?

·         Unrighteous. Who is justified as righteous, who is not, and why?

I could use a couple of biblical examples, such as the Prodigal son or Lot. Rather than continue, if you are interested in my thoughts, let me know.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

That is a good question. Perhaps if we parse scripture down a bit, focus on some keywords with biblical examples, and ask more questions.

·         What is an inheritance? Who qualifies for it, when, and why. Is it a reward?

·         What is the kingdom of God? Heaven will be on earth; is it Salvation, eternal life, or the millennium?

·         Unrighteous. Who is justified as righteous, who is not, and why?

I could use a couple of biblical examples, such as the Prodigal son or Lot. Rather than continue, if you are interested in my thoughts, let me know.

Yes, please.  Thank you.