• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,061
  • Content Per Day:  3.30
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Selah7 said:

Hi there, @Vine Abider Nice to meet you!

Revelation 3:10:  Because thou hast kept the word of My patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.

Our heavenly Father is incredibly patient with us.

What is the hour of temptation that the Philadelphia church escapes? The "hour" of temptation is the "hour" when Satan, the "Tempter," appears on earth as the false christ claiming to be the Messiah.

Does that suggest that the church will suddenly fly away and be "raptured?”  Not at all, no. It means that those who have studied and abided in God's Word have the seal of God in their minds and will not find Satan in the least bit tempting; they will not be deceived.  They will persevere (endure), wearing their full suits of gospel armor until the King of kings returns.  Glory! 2D150281-0E57-4274-A12C-CB18FC6F6436.gif.bcb17fb570d36eec9181dbeeb7194a5e.gif

12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

Wow…The Christians who persevere and remain steadfast and overcome in their faith and who defend God's work and the written Word are called pillars.  Me? I want to be made one of those pillars in God's temple!  70CD3C83-2FF7-4201-99CD-CC059CCD15F5.gif.9a70998910e0ab0673d648c05061ba36.gif     -Selah 

1 hour ago, Selah7 said:

Luke 21:36 Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

In order to avoid being deceived during these end-of-the-world times—and to have the knowledge to resist the antichrist (Satan), we need to watch and pray to our Father and ask Him for wisdom—one day soon, may we hear our Lord Jesus say, "Well done, My good and faithful servant.”

Selah

The internal evidence of both these scriptures cannot be missed.

If Revelation 3:10 says that the trial is in "the whole earth", the Overcomer must be off the earth to be kept. The grammar is not; "Kept In the hour ... ", but "Kept FROM the hour ... "

The phrase "My patience" belongs to our Lord. But believers keep it. For this they are worthy to escape. If you study the New Testament prophecies you will notice that nearly all the problems for Christians have their root because Jesus DELAYS His COMING. Jesus must wait too - nearly 2,000 years now, but so must the disciple. That is what is meant by "My patience"

In Luke 21:35-36 the phrase "Stand before the Son of man" says it all. In Matthew 24 the Great Tribulation is triggered by the Abomination of Desolation. Then "AFTER" those days (of Tribulation) Jesus is in the clouds. Then He bursts forth to touch down on Mount Olives. That means that the Tribulation is raging while Jesus is unseen in the clouds. If you "stand" before Him you must be in the clouds and alive. And this "standing before Him" is an ESCAPE! Since the whole earth is hit by the Great Tribulation, you can only escape it by being dead and under the earth in Hades, or be alive in the sky.

10 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Ad Hoc,

I so agree with you concerning the last part of your comments to do with the kingdom/rulership of heaven on the earth. And yes, man was given dominion of the earth. And we see that fulfilled in Rev. 21: 24 where the nations of the saved are walking in the light of the New Jerusalem.

However, you do err when you think that God has cast away Israel. God in His foreknowledge knew that the people of Israel would rebel and crucify His Son. (Are we any better?) Thus, it will be of God`s Holy Spirit, (as was for us) that God will turn Israel again to Himself.

God did not spend over a thousand years working with Israel expecting them to of themselves follow Him. We know that God was revealing man`s sin, (by the 10 commandments) and revealing the Saviour through a multitude of prophecies, symbols and types.  

As you said once, even the heavens are not pure, (Job 15: 15) and so there are more things to be restored than just the earth and its rulership.

regards, Marilyn.

All you say is true. To be clear - and you can check my posting again if you like - my reference to Israel's blindness was only for our discussion on Matthew 13. I am well aware of Israel's national restoration.

As to the unforgivable sin, it will not affect Israel's restoration. It affects the individual's fame once restored (See Daniel 12:2)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,301
  • Content Per Day:  3.60

35 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

No, Dennis did not say that.

No, Dennis did not say that,

I mistakenly took and quoted you in the middle of my quotes to Marilyn.  Apologies for the confusion.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  268
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,229
  • Content Per Day:  3.48
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

28 minutes ago, DeighAnn said:

I think Jesus would disagree as He said

35 And Jesus went about all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing every sickness and every disease among the people.

36 But when he saw the multitudes, he was moved with compassion on them, because they fainted, and were scattered abroad, as sheep having no shepherd.

37 Then saith he unto his disciples, The harvest truly is plenteous, but the labourers are few;

38 Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he will send forth labourers into his harvest.

Surely there is no difference between us being here on the earth now and being on the earth when Satan and the angels are cast out. 

AND the most likely place the BODY OF CHRIST would be needed when they are IS HERE ON EARTH as there is NO REASON at that point to have the body of Christ in heaven. 

NOW if there were a 'rapture' to GO FIGHT THE WAR in heaven I would be more inclined to go that way but THERE IS NO REASON to leave where the trouble is coming to to go to the place the trouble has just been eradicated from.   

I JUST don't see ANY PURPOSE of God being served and tons of 'people' being served who SHOULD BE in fact DOING THE SERVING.  

Hi DeighAnn,

The Body of Christ revelation was not revealed when Jesus was talking to the people of Israel. Jesus was referring to them. Israel has an earthly purpose.

The Body of Christ`s purpose is to rule with the Lord on His own throne in the third heaven. (Rev. 3: 21) From there we will judge the world system and the fallen angels. (1 Cor. 6: 2 & 3) We do not `fight` flesh and blood, (2 Cor. 10: 3).

Also, in the tribulation it is the 144,000 Israelis (Rev. 7: 1 - 8) that go throughout the world preaching that the Messiah is coming. 

Marilyn.  

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  268
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,229
  • Content Per Day:  3.48
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

27 minutes ago, AdHoc said:

All you say is true. To be clear - and you can check my posting again if you like - my reference to Israel's blindness was only for our discussion on Matthew 13. I am well aware of Israel's national restoration.

As to the unforgivable sin, it will not affect Israel's restoration. It affects the individual's fame once restored (See Daniel 12:2)

So, we are not too far from understanding the truth together. May God continue to enlighten us, bro.

Marilyn.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,301
  • Content Per Day:  3.60

8 minutes ago, AdHoc said:

If Revelation 3:10 says that the trial is in "the whole earth", the Overcomer must be off the earth to be kept. The grammar is not; "Kept In the hour ... ", but "Kept FROM the hour ...

WHERE DID GOD ever SAY to be KEPT FROM is to be taken OFF AND AWAY from the earth?

ONLY MAN HAS EVER UTTERED THOSE WORDS but once a man did...some how it has been put forth as if GOD did when we all know good and well GOD NEVER DID.  

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  206
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,485
  • Content Per Day:  6.15
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

Two clear parables in Matthew 25 showing that the Lord differentiates between believers based upon their current actions/maturity. One is the 10 Virgins and the other is the faithful/unfaithful servants.

Let's start with basics:

The 10 virgins were all regenerated believers.

·        They were all virgins (redeemed, saved)

·        They all had lamps (regenerated)

·        They all carried some amount of oil (Spirit) in their vessels

·        They all heard and responded to the call to meet the bridegroom (unbelievers don’t respond to the bridegroom )

The faithful & unfaithful servants were all regenerated believers.

·        They were all servants of their master

·        The master spoke to each

·        Their master entrusted each with something

·        They all responded and did things for their master

·        The master returned to each of them

·        The master had conversations with each servant

The foolish virgins didn't respond well and were found lacking, therefore they were shut out of the wedding feast.  The unfaithful servant also was not wise, and was thrown into outer darkness (which, like the unwise virgins, could be not participating in the wedding feast).

So if the Lord differentiates between rewards given, based upon the actions of a believer  while in this body (see 2 Cor 5:10), why might this not also be the case with the rapture? That is, some are wise in this life, buy-up the "oil" and ripen faster (first fruits) and others ripen later (general harvest).

Edited by Vine Abider

1 minute ago, DeighAnn said:

WHERE DID GOD ever SAY to be KEPT FROM is to be taken OFF AND AWAY from the earth?

ONLY MAN HAS EVER UTTERED THOSE WORDS but once a man did...some how it has been put forth as if GOD did when we all know good and well GOD NEVER DID.  

If I say, "DeighAnn has boarded an international flight at J.F. Kennedy", what are the chances you have left the USA?

And the words uttered in Revelation 3:10 were uttered by Jesus.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  206
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,485
  • Content Per Day:  6.15
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

On 11/3/2022 at 4:47 PM, DeighAnn said:

Exactly!  (UPDATE:  Upon reviewing this, I don't know why I was in agreement . . .)

Edited by Vine Abider
Update - I don't know why I said that.

7 minutes ago, Vine Abider said:

Two clear parables in Matthew 25 showing that the Lord differentiates between believers based upon their current actions/maturity. One is the 10 Virgins and the other is the faithful/unfaithful servants.

Let's start with basics:

The 10 virgins were all regenerated believers.

·        They were all virgins (redeemed, saved)

·        They all had lamps (regenerated)

·        They all carried some amount of oil (Spirit) in their vessels

·        They all heard and responded to the call to meet the bridegroom (unbelievers don’t respond to the bridegroom )

The faithful & unfaithful servants were all regenerated believers.

·        They were all servants of their master

·        The master spoke to each

·        Their master entrusted each with something

·        They all responded and did things for their master

·        The master returned to each of them

·        The master had conversations with each servant

The foolish virgins didn't respond well and were found lacking, therefore they were shut out of the wedding feast.  The unfaithful servant also was not wise, and was thrown into outer darkness (which could also be not participating in the wedding feast).

So if the Lord differentiates between rewards given, based upon the actions of a believer  while in this body (see 2 Cor 5:10), why might this not also be the case with the rapture? That is, some are wise in this life, buy-up the "oil" and ripen faster (first fruits) and others ripen later (general harvest).

Nice.

One infallible point is that in both cases the Parable starts with "the Kingdom of Heaven is LIKE ... " To see and enter the kingdom one must be born again.

Another infallible proof is that in both cases the Virgins/Servants were raised together. The Christians are raised "when He comes" (1st Cor.15:23). Israel are raised AFTER He comes (Dan.12:1-2, Matt.24:31) and the Nations are raised after 1,000 years. If they were raised together they belong to the same group.