• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  24
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/31/1955

Quote =moderator

Would you burn a Bible? Would you tear out pages from a Bible? Why or why not?

Peter AV. This is for you. Please answer. Quote

That is a question out of the blue.Have you been doing some looking?

No I do not Burn the Holy Bible.

But I have burned many books that claimed to be bibles and were found out to be charlitans,fakers heretical and just full of plain error on every page.Some of them are doctrinal.

After learning about the garbage in the new versions,my wife and I pulled an Acts 19:19 and we burned all our fake Bibles,such as the niv,NASB,EB,etc.,including our NKJV wedding Bible.Fifty pages at a time were placed in the fire,as we repented of allowing garbage to be in our lives.We wanted the truth not man's opinions,so the choice was quik and easy.It was a happy day when the LORD shewed us the truth.

I would that all fake Bibles would be burned, in church after church,but people have their free choice to do with their lives as they see fit.Plus I am not being dogmatic about it,but simply recomending that you only trust one book,namely,the Holy Bible,now renamed the AV or KJB.

With the KJB one has the 99% majority of manuscripts to back it up,while the new versions are choosing the family tree that has only 45 and namely 2,the Vaticanus and the Sinaiticus.These two manuscripts are of the worst kind,they abound in errors,so much so,that one is hard pressed to find any two verses in a row that are the same.But if you go to the manuscripts that the AV was made from ;those 99% of manuscripts,well they virtually agree throughout,and throughout time.

Can't say that for ther modern versions manuscripts nor the modern versions themselves.

So,no,I do not burn the Holy Bible,but I do burn fakers.Written by heretics such as Westcott and Hort.And Origen and Jerome and Eusebius.Amongst others.

They deminish the deity of our LORD countless times,ommit scriptures,twist words,change doctrine at will.Despicable work.Satan is alive and interested in the words of God.

I answered your question,now may you show the same courtesy and answer mine?

Do you believe that the Holy Bible is infalible,without error and has a name?

PeterAV

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.43
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

I believe that God's Word is infallible.

So your claim is that the KJB one has the 99% majority of manuscripts to back it up.

However, you have not explained that the manuscripts are themselves not the original writings. So therefore, they are merely "versions" unto themselves.

You see, the problem with the "original manuscript" argument is essentially that there exist no original manuscripts. We do not have the original letters written in by the apostles hands, and we do not have the original Mosaic writings. In fact, these writings either disintegrated with the passage of time or were themselves burned by the Romans.

So you have to rely just as much on faith as the original translators of the maniscripts did, that those manuscripts were infallible by virtue of their survival. In other words, you have to believe that God has preserved those particular manuscripts in order that they could be delivered into the hands of the translators. However, those translators themselves confessed openly that the work of translation was an evolving thing. They readilly admitted that at some future time the understanding of the language, culture, and history of the people being written about would increase, and that better, more accurate translations would transpire. So essentially your argument against the newer translations in absolute contrast to the the translators who's work you are defending!

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Well, I'm a "KJV BESTist" but I don't think I'd burn other versions....well maybe the New World 'Translation'!

• Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,244
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

All, I mean ((ALL)) Bibles translated into English are at fault. We do not have the same words the ancient Greeks Had, ditto with the Jews also, we have come close but we do not have the exact translation in English and unless words are created in English we never will have a perfect translation.

I highly doubt that the KJB id 99% accurate. Take for a moment the word "Love," there is no word in English to describe the word "Agape," Which in Greek is the most intense word for love. The English bible translates "Agape" Love, which is not a good translation of the word, yet because we don't have any other word to describe Agape, Love is the closest thing we've got, and yet the word "Love" fails in many ways.

I use the English versions the Amp, NKJV, KJV, and NIV, I am also an occasional NASB reader.

But I also read the Pure ancient Greek and Hebrew translation.

John 1:1(In Translated Greek)

En arche

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  88
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Personally, I like Jack Chick's recommendation to keep the heretical books and highlight the false doctrine so that they may be used to quickly show others.

• Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.20

Guess I better burn my Russian version.

• Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.87

I was thinking I had better hide my hebrew old test, and my greek new test.... and the latin one we have also..... dont want them to be burned....

funny about the KJV, why was it not burned????

I would give you every version I have if you have a true 1611 KJ Bible....

it would also have to have the name plate in the front as well, and the language can not be updated to the 1700 version either......

most people are actually claiming to be KJV onlyist, do not have the 1611 version, but a newer version, newer then 1700.....

actually, the KJ Bible was not the first Bible that was "authorized" to be done in english, but the first one to be printed so that the common folk could have one...

mike

• Topic Count:  733
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,017
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/09/1966

No I do not Burn the Holy Bible.

But I have burned many books that claimed to be bibles and were found out to be charlitans,fakers heretical and just full of plain error on every page.Some of them are doctrinal.

After learning about the garbage in the new versions,my wife and I pulled an Acts 19:19 and we burned all our fake Bibles,such as the niv,NASB,EB,etc.,including our NKJV wedding Bible.Fifty pages at a time were placed in the fire,as we repented of allowing garbage to be in our lives.We wanted the truth not man's opinions,so the choice was quik and easy.It was a happy day when the LORD shewed us the truth.

I would that all fake Bibles would be burned, in church after church,but people have their free choice to do with their lives as they see fit.Plus I am not being dogmatic about it,but simply recomending that you only trust one book,namely,the Holy Bible,now renamed the AV or KJB.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What in the name of corn on the cob are you thinking?! What you have done is not even close to Acts 19:19 and that alone shows me that your thinking is in error. Burning a Bible you believe contains errors is just ludicrous! You must believe that they were 100% in error because if not, then you also burned the Truth along with those "errors." You know what they say about a little leaven... Gee, I'm glad your not being dogmatic about it! :rolleyes:

• Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,790
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Birthday:  11/15/1968

I've got a survival book that can be burned. :rolleyes:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

I've got a survival book that can be burned.  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:crazy::):o How about we contribute the books by the Clintons? Talk about lies...... :rolleyes: