• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,051
  • Content Per Day:  3.31
  • Days Won:  0

13 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

It seems I am flip-flopping on the title of Kenny’s thread. But it is all related and interconnected into the topic of “the Great White Throne judgment” in several respects, in my opinion. For instance:

Hebrews 11:5 By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God. [all emphasis mine] The questions:

·         Where was Enoch translated to? Translated implies movement in any direction, was Enoch translated to the 3rd Heaven, another earthly location as Phillip was, possibly Elijah also. Or, the grave, the place of the dead, the two compartments, one torment the other paradise (Abraham’s bosom) in Hades.

·         That he should not see death, does that mean temporarily or never die a physical death?

·         Do true born-again repentant believers please God if they do not have any fruit or works that follow them, advancing the Kingdom of God?

Hebrews 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

There seems to be abundant evidence of many men having to die twice. The resurrection of Lazarus, those raised by Jesus and the apostles, the future two witnesses, and those I will get to shortly. Some believe Enoch & Elijah will be the two witnesses based on Heb. 9:27 above, and I do not, but that is for another thread to deliberate.

Matthew 27:52 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose, 53. And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.

The Greek words used for arose and resurrection are very similar in meaning.

Many fine Christian scholars and expositors believe these saints had to die twice physically. It does not say or imply who these saints were. Did their spirits and souls return to whence they came, Hades possibly? Did all of them have to be buried twice? Or, since the Lord was the first fruit and recently risen from the dead. They were now under the blood and could all now enter Heaven.

Ephesians 4:8 Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.

I think John MacArthur explains the meaning of those in captivity well, those in Hades (Abraham’s Bosom):

When He ascended on high. Paul used an interpretive rendering of Ps. 68:18 as a parenthetical analogy to show how Christ received the right to bestow the spiritual gifts (v. 7). Psalm 68 is a victory hymn composed by David to celebrate God’s conquest of the Jebusite city of Jerusalem and the triumphant assent of God up to Mt. Zion (cf. 2 Sam. 6, 7; 1 Chr. 13). After such a triumph, the king would bring home the spoils and the prisoners. Here Paul depicts Christ returning from His battle on earth back into the glory of the heavenly city with the trophies of His great victory at Calvary (see notes on 2 Cor. 2:14–16). led captivity captive. Through His crucifixion and resurrection, Christ conquered Satan and death, and in triumph returned to God those who were once sinners and prisoners of Satan (cf. Col. 2:15). gave gifts to men. He distributes the spoils throughout His kingdom. After His ascension came all the spiritual gifts empowered by the Spirit, who was then sent (see John 7:39; 14:12; Acts 2:33).[1]

1 Peter 3:19 By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;

Ecclesiastes 12:7 Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

Human spirits, upon death, return to the Lord who gave them. I suspect, at this time, that Jesus preached to these evil angels in captivity and declared victory. On the Paradise side of Hades, Abraham’s bosom was cleaned out, with the torment side remaining we refer to as Hell. With Hell ever expanding.

So, all the above to express my view. I believe the wedding of the Lamb to His bride (the church) takes place in the 3rd Heaven, where our Father’s Throne resides. I think the Bema Seat judgment could occur outside the 3rd Heaven. There are instances where a Bema Seat is mobile and transportable.

As @AdHoc reasons (and the five foolish virgin’s parable), I think it is plausible for a saved person to be shut out from admission to the wedding and wedding feast. It appears those found worthy receive their white garments and rewards in Heaven and remain in Heaven for the seven-year tribulation. Then the bride and heavenly host (armies of heaven) follow the Lord for Armageddon back to earth, and then His Kingdom is established on earth forever.

Now let the various views fly.  😊

[1] MacArthur, John, Jr., ed. The MacArthur Study Bible. electronic ed. Nashville, TN: Word Pub., 1997. Print.

May I lay before you something to consider - not as a challenge, nor criticism, but a simple exercise in dealing with the Bible. Consider this:

Hebrews 9:27 says that it is given to man ONCE to die and then comes judgment. The witness of this verse is twofold. (i) A man is given ONCE to die, and (ii) what he did in that one life is evaluated by Jesus, which brings with it a course he must take in resurrection. A careful study of the whole Bible will reveal NOT ONE exception to this rule. But men, to suite their theories, are prepared to overthrow this verse.

A further study of the Bible will reveal that there is not a single verse that says that dead men go to heaven. About a half dozen verses can be manipulated to SEEM to say this, but in plain terms that men use daily to communicate, these verses to not transmit such a thought. Yet the bulk of men believe this unsubstantiated theory - especially the heathen.

Within this study of the whole Bible it will become evident from PLAIN statements that LIVING men can go, and do go, to heaven. Our Lord Jesus being the prime example, we have additionally Elijah, Paul and John - all taken to heaven bodily and alive. But as to David we read that 50 days after our Lord's resurrection and 10 days after His rapture, we note from the inspired record that his tomb is still in Jerusalem, his soul in Hades and that he had "not yet ascended" (Act.2:27-34).

What I want to point out is that men choose to embrace the things that are not there, and discard the evidence that is there. This is the meaning of Laodicea - "the opinion of the people".

Brother Mac Arthur, to my knowledge is a great servant of the Lord. Prolific writer, astute student of scripture and outspoken critic of dozens of other servants of the Lord. His net worth is estimated at $15 million from his gospel activities. I have no criticism. He is a steward of the Lord's things and it is between him and His Lord. But we may discuss his footnote. You will note how carefully he worded his footnote on Ephesians. Does he say that our Lord Jesus led Christians into heaven? No. But he does say who the "prisoners are - Satan and death - the spoils of His conquest. If "captivity" are Christians, why then are they the spoils of war? Were they the enemy? And if our Lord was freeing them from death, why are they still dead and still captives? And if they are alive, why is it still called "Captivity" and why must God have a resurrection day "when HE comes" (1st Cor.15:23).

Brother Mac Arthur knew that the passage was about gifts. But he says, in his third last line, that the gifts are the spoils of His war. But we both know that the spiritual gifts were not taken from anyone in battle. The spiritual gifts are the possession of their Maker - the holy Spirit. Does not Matthew 25:1 say they are "HIS goods". And since when does the Devil own the gift of Apostle or Pastor of God's flock?

I could go on, but what I want to show is that Brother Mac Arthur has forced a common belief into a passage that does not deal with that theme. The result is confusion. But let us return to your posting. It posed many important questions.

At the beginning of this posting I showed a few things about dead and living men. Would the following violate the facts?

(i) Hades is the place of the souls of dead men. Resurrection is the uniting of the soul, spirit and body (1st Ki.17:22, Lk.8:55). Every resurrection recorded in scripture shows the dead man or woman receiving their body back. When and why did our Lord Jesus change this procedure to taking a disembodied soul out of Hades and into heaven - but leaving His chiefest ally, David, behind?

(ii) Enoch, Elijah and our Lord Jesus are in heaven. Enoch cannot be in Hades because he is kept from death, and he is not known on earth since being "translated". Elijah was said to have been taken up to heaven and a direct prophecy says that Elijah must come again before the "day of the Lord". Him being in heaven does not violate any scripture. The battle for Moses' body is over. Moses appeared BODILY on the Mount of Transfiguration. Where is he now? Would it violate any scripture if he was in heaven? Where was Jesus when He was dead? Hades. Where is Jesus now that he has His body? Heaven.

I submit that heaven is the place where ALL LIVING (resurrected) men are. And I further propose that Hades is where all DEAD Christians are.

The posting is long, so I will stop. But on resumption I will deal with 2nd Corinthians 5 and "being with the Lord in death".

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  348
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,501
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, AdHoc said:

May I lay before you something to consider - not as a challenge, nor criticism, but a simple exercise in dealing with the Bible. Consider this:

Hebrews 9:27 says that it is given to man ONCE to die and then comes judgment. The witness of this verse is twofold. (i) A man is given ONCE to die, and (ii) what he did in that one life is evaluated by Jesus, which brings with it a course he must take in resurrection. A careful study of the whole Bible will reveal NOT ONE exception to this rule. But men, to suite their theories, are prepared to overthrow this verse.

A further study of the Bible will reveal that there is not a single verse that says that dead men go to heaven. About a half dozen verses can be manipulated to SEEM to say this, but in plain terms that men use daily to communicate, these verses to not transmit such a thought. Yet the bulk of men believe this unsubstantiated theory - especially the heathen.

Within this study of the whole Bible it will become evident from PLAIN statements that LIVING men can go, and do go, to heaven. Our Lord Jesus being the prime example, we have additionally Elijah, Paul and John - all taken to heaven bodily and alive. But as to David we read that 50 days after our Lord's resurrection and 10 days after His rapture, we note from the inspired record that his tomb is still in Jerusalem, his soul in Hades and that he had "not yet ascended" (Act.2:27-34).

What I want to point out is that men choose to embrace the things that are not there, and discard the evidence that is there. This is the meaning of Laodicea - "the opinion of the people".

Brother Mac Arthur, to my knowledge is a great servant of the Lord. Prolific writer, astute student of scripture and outspoken critic of dozens of other servants of the Lord. His net worth is estimated at $15 million from his gospel activities. I have no criticism. He is a steward of the Lord's things and it is between him and His Lord. But we may discuss his footnote. You will note how carefully he worded his footnote on Ephesians. Does he say that our Lord Jesus led Christians into heaven? No. But he does say who the "prisoners are - Satan and death - the spoils of His conquest. If "captivity" are Christians, why then are they the spoils of war? Were they the enemy? And if our Lord was freeing them from death, why are they still dead and still captives? And if they are alive, why is it still called "Captivity" and why must God have a resurrection day "when HE comes" (1st Cor.15:23).

Brother Mac Arthur knew that the passage was about gifts. But he says, in his third last line, that the gifts are the spoils of His war. But we both know that the spiritual gifts were not taken from anyone in battle. The spiritual gifts are the possession of their Maker - the holy Spirit. Does not Matthew 25:1 say they are "HIS goods". And since when does the Devil own the gift of Apostle or Pastor of God's flock?

I could go on, but what I want to show is that Brother Mac Arthur has forced a common belief into a passage that does not deal with that theme. The result is confusion. But let us return to your posting. It posed many important questions.

At the beginning of this posting I showed a few things about dead and living men. Would the following violate the facts?

(i) Hades is the place of the souls of dead men. Resurrection is the uniting of the soul, spirit and body (1st Ki.17:22, Lk.8:55). Every resurrection recorded in scripture shows the dead man or woman receiving their body back. When and why did our Lord Jesus change this procedure to taking a disembodied soul out of Hades and into heaven - but leaving His chiefest ally, David, behind?

(ii) Enoch, Elijah and our Lord Jesus are in heaven. Enoch cannot be in Hades because he is kept from death, and he is not known on earth since being "translated". Elijah was said to have been taken up to heaven and a direct prophecy says that Elijah must come again before the "day of the Lord". Him being in heaven does not violate any scripture. The battle for Moses' body is over. Moses appeared BODILY on the Mount of Transfiguration. Where is he now? Would it violate any scripture if he was in heaven? Where was Jesus when He was dead? Hades. Where is Jesus now that he has His body? Heaven.

I submit that heaven is the place where ALL LIVING (resurrected) men are. And I further propose that Hades is where all DEAD Christians are.

The posting is long, so I will stop. But on resumption I will deal with 2nd Corinthians 5 and "being with the Lord in death".

Good morning, Brother,

Let’s start with this question. Do we agree that two compartments of Hades are divided by a great gulf? One is called Paradise and Abrahams bosom, the other a place of torment. One is a temporary holding place for those to be saved until an action occurs. The other is temporary jail confinement until sentencing and eternal prison.

We agree that all men before the Cross (with exception) went to one of two compartments, including King David, which would not be left there as the Bible states.

Who are the martyred souls under the altar in Heaven? Did they go to Hades first? How do we circumnavigate these verses? I believe the dividing line is the resurrection of the Son of God. Heaven is where the Lord lives and dwells; heaven will come to earth.

2 Corinthians 5:6 Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord: 8. We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

The apostle Paul either died or was near death. But in either case, he was unsure if he was in his body or spirit.

2 Corinthians 12:2 I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) such an one caught up to the third heaven.

With the grammar of Revelation chapter four, it appears the apostle John was bodily taken to heaven.

Revelation 4:1 After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter.

Yes, the Lord is going to send Elijah.

Malachi 4:5 Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD:

However, pertaining to John the Baptist, had Israel accepted their Messiah,

Matthew 11:13 For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John. 14. And if ye will receive it, this is Elias, which was for to come.

But anyway, and in short, I cannot see the following returning from whence they came. What was the purpose of this visible bodily resurrection and to be visibly seen?

Matthew 27:52 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,

4 hours ago, truth7t7 said:

There are (Two) resurrections on the (Last Day) the righteous are blessed to be in the (First Resurrection) to eternal life, on such the (Second Death) resurrection has no power.

1.) (First Resurrection) To Eternal Life

2.) (Second Death) Resurrection To Eternal Damnation

Revelation 20:6KJV

Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

The (Last Day) Resurrection Of All Below

Daniel 12:1-2KJV

1 And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.

2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

John 5:28-29KJV

28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,

29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

John 6:39-40KJV

39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.

40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

1 Corinthians 15:21-24KJV

21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.

22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

The (Last Day) Judgement

John 12:48KJV

48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

I can do this one of two ways. I can go point for point, which takes a long time and is only defensive. Or I can address the same subjects as you did - but with my understanding. This gives the reader the chance to weigh each argument.

Multiple resurrections are established in the Bible. There are SIX resurrections before Christ's. Then there is Christ's resurrection followed immediately by a group of Old Testament saints. That makes EIGHT resurrections before the second coming of the Lord. Then, in Revelation we have a resurrection of the first ripe before the Great Tribulation in Chapter 14, a general resurrection in Chapter 7 of those who went through the Great Tribulation, and a "Gleaning" when the Two Witnesses of Revelation 11 are resurrected. Now we have ELEVEN resurrections recorded.

Daniel 12 addresses "Daniel's people" - Israel. They are resurrected AFTER the Great Tribulation (vs.1-2). That makes TWELVE.

How then can Christ be FIRST from the dead, and how can the martyrs of Revelation 20 be the FIRST resurrection? The answer is simple. The Greek word "protos", which we render as "FIRST" can mean "First in TIME". But it also means "FIRST in importance". Thus, notwithstanding TWELVE recorded resurrections, Jesus Christ and His Overcomers can belong t the FIRST resurrection. This is the resurrection which leads to a man BECOMING A CO-KING with Jesus in the Millennium.

The Last DAY
In Hosea 6:2 the prophet predicts that Israel will be chastised for TWO DAYS and then restored. But since the end of Israel as a political state, it is obvious that the prophets was either wrong, or that a "day" is defined a different way in this passage. This is nothing new to the Bible. 2nd Peter 1:20 forbids private interpretation of the Bible. So if the literal meaning is obscure, or it produces an absurdity, we can seek the correct meaning by interpreting the Bible with the Bible.

By studying all the "days" of the Bible we find FIVE different "days"; (i) the period of daylight, (ii) 24 hours ("the evening and the morning"), (iii) an event like "day of trouble", (iv) a year for a  day in Israel's chastisement, and (v) a thousand years it like a day to God. Having done this we now look for the one that fits. If Israel's chastisement started in 70 AD, only one "day" fits Hosea 6:2 - #5 - a thousand years is as a "day" to the Lord (Ps.90:4). Israel's chastisement will last 2,000 years.

Now we turn to the "last day". Revelation 20 shows TWO resurrections - the two you allude to from John. the DEAD martyrs "LIVED". And the Rest of the Dead "LIVED" not again till 1,000 was over. Thus, the only day that fits "the LAST DAY" is the Millennium - 1,000 year-day.

4 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

Good morning, Brother,

Let’s start with this question. Do we agree that two compartments of Hades are divided by a great gulf? One is called Paradise and Abrahams bosom, the other a place of torment. One is a temporary holding place for those to be saved until an action occurs. The other is temporary jail confinement until sentencing and eternal prison.

We agree that all men before the Cross (with exception) went to one of two compartments, including King David, which would not be left there as the Bible states.

Who are the martyred souls under the altar in Heaven? Did they go to Hades first? How do we circumnavigate these verses? I believe the dividing line is the resurrection of the Son of God. Heaven is where the Lord lives and dwells; heaven will come to earth.

2 Corinthians 5:6 Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord: 8. We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

The apostle Paul either died or was near death. But in either case, he was unsure if he was in his body or spirit.

2 Corinthians 12:2 I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) such an one caught up to the third heaven.

With the grammar of Revelation chapter four, it appears the apostle John was bodily taken to heaven.

Revelation 4:1 After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter.

Yes, the Lord is going to send Elijah.

Malachi 4:5 Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD:

However, pertaining to John the Baptist, had Israel accepted their Messiah,

Matthew 11:13 For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John. 14. And if ye will receive it, this is Elias, which was for to come.

But anyway, and in short, I cannot see the following returning from whence they came. What was the purpose of this visible bodily resurrection and to be visibly seen?

Matthew 27:52 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,

Two compartments in Hades - Yes. But one of torment begs some study for it presupposes judgment. The trouble is that only the living are judged. But we have a clue or clues. Remember, if you are frustrated with the lack of information about the dead, it was designed so by the Lord. The Law of Moses demanded the death penalty for trying to contact the dead, and in your scripture from 2nd Corinthians 12, Paul was forbidden to tell of Paradise. I don't think we are going to have a satisfactory end. But to the clues.

1. 2nd Corinthians 5 says that in death we groan. Groaning is a sign of distress. So even the faithful suffer. This brings s to the next clue.

2. In Luke 16 Lazarus "was comforted". Why? In life he suffered hunger and disease. But now the body of pain is put off in death. It is in death that he must be comforted. I judge that point 1 is the reason.

3. But the rich man seems to have it far worse. Why? In 1st Corinthians 15 it says that the resurrection is according to what is "sown". That is, the rich man, who had caused suffering in life will reap suffering in death and in resurrection. I judge then, and I have a 50% chance of being wrong, that the other compartment of Hades is not one of undue torment, but the torment goes with the man. that means that a two-year-old can safely languish in the side of the unbelievers with a minimum of discomfort, while say Hitler is in the next row going mad with pain.

Not satisfied with my answer? I don't blame you. God has clouded death and Hades very well. That brings me back to Paul. In 2nd Corinthians 12 we have to be very disciplined with the grammar. Two things are of vital importance. the word "caught up" in verse 2 is not wrong, but it assumes something. The Greek is "harpazo" and it means "caught, or snatches AWAY". Movement and force are implied BUT NOT DIRECTION. The direction must be given by the context. It is correctly translated in Acts 8:39 but in 2nd Corinthians 12:2 the translators took a liberty - a reasonable liberty for heaven is "up".

Then, verse 3 starts with a conjunction "AND". The word "AND" is cumulative, copulative and sequential. It ADDS something, it JOIN that which it adds, and it sets the sequence. "I took bread AND butter AND ate it". The conjunction indicates that Paul made another journey. And the repetition of "(whether in the body, or out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth", serves to strengthen it. Even more crucial is that he was not forbidden to share on heaven, but of paradise he is forbidden. And finally, "caught UP" is wrong because when our Lord promised the thief on the cross to be with Him in Paradise, He was about to DESCEND (Matt,12:40, Eph.4:9). To say that Paradise is UP is against the facts.

Now let us examine the martyrs of Revelation 6:9. In heaven there is a Tabernacle. Moses must copy it for the earthly Tabernacle. The Tabernacle has TWO altars. The first is as you walk into the Outer Court. It is the altar of bloodshed and sacrifice. It is acacia wood covered with the brass censors of Korah and his accomplices. The second altar is a small table hard against the curtain between the Holy Place and the Holy of Holies. It is acacia wood covered by gifted men with gold. It holds the incense. Except for its initial anointing, blood must never come near it. It speaks of Christ the High Priest carrying our prayers to God. Which altar do you think the murdered martyrs belong to?

The altar of sacrifice is not needed in heaven for angels cannot be redeemed. The altar of blood shed is fixed to the earth by Law (Ex.20:26). The altar of bloodshed, if raised, will show "nakedness". In death one is naked (2nd Cor.5:1-3). The vision of the saints under the altar, on earth where Christ was offered and THEY were offered shows that the martyrs were under the earth - still in Hades. There is no scripture in the whole Bible that says that the paradise of the dead has moved from Hades. There is a Paradise of God in heaven and thee is a paradise of the dead in Christ under the earth. There is no paradise on earth.

You have much to consider.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  348
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,501
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

35 minutes ago, AdHoc said:

You have much to consider

Yes I do. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  2,749
  • Content Per Day:  0.60

16 hours ago, AdHoc said:

I can do this one of two ways. I can go point for point, which takes a long time and is only defensive. Or I can address the same subjects as you did - but with my understanding. This gives the reader the chance to weigh each argument.

Multiple resurrections are established in the Bible. There are SIX resurrections before Christ's. Then there is Christ's resurrection followed immediately by a group of Old Testament saints. That makes EIGHT resurrections before the second coming of the Lord. Then, in Revelation we have a resurrection of the first ripe before the Great Tribulation in Chapter 14, a general resurrection in Chapter 7 of those who went through the Great Tribulation, and a "Gleaning" when the Two Witnesses of Revelation 11 are resurrected. Now we have ELEVEN resurrections recorded.

Daniel 12 addresses "Daniel's people" - Israel. They are resurrected AFTER the Great Tribulation (vs.1-2). That makes TWELVE.

How then can Christ be FIRST from the dead, and how can the martyrs of Revelation 20 be the FIRST resurrection? The answer is simple. The Greek word "protos", which we render as "FIRST" can mean "First in TIME". But it also means "FIRST in importance". Thus, notwithstanding TWELVE recorded resurrections, Jesus Christ and His Overcomers can belong t the FIRST resurrection. This is the resurrection which leads to a man BECOMING A CO-KING with Jesus in the Millennium.

The Last DAY
In Hosea 6:2 the prophet predicts that Israel will be chastised for TWO DAYS and then restored. But since the end of Israel as a political state, it is obvious that the prophets was either wrong, or that a "day" is defined a different way in this passage. This is nothing new to the Bible. 2nd Peter 1:20 forbids private interpretation of the Bible. So if the literal meaning is obscure, or it produces an absurdity, we can seek the correct meaning by interpreting the Bible with the Bible.

By studying all the "days" of the Bible we find FIVE different "days"; (i) the period of daylight, (ii) 24 hours ("the evening and the morning"), (iii) an event like "day of trouble", (iv) a year for a  day in Israel's chastisement, and (v) a thousand years it like a day to God. Having done this we now look for the one that fits. If Israel's chastisement started in 70 AD, only one "day" fits Hosea 6:2 - #5 - a thousand years is as a "day" to the Lord (Ps.90:4). Israel's chastisement will last 2,000 years.

Now we turn to the "last day". Revelation 20 shows TWO resurrections - the two you allude to from John. the DEAD martyrs "LIVED". And the Rest of the Dead "LIVED" not again till 1,000 was over. Thus, the only day that fits "the LAST DAY" is the Millennium - 1,000 year-day.

As you have been clearly shown, there are two resurrection on the last day, "first" the righteous to the eternal kingdom, "second" the wicked to the lake of fire in the second death (The End)

Jesus Is The Lord

Edited by truth7t7

2 minutes ago, truth7t7 said:

As you have been clearly shown, there are two resurrection on the last day, "first" the righteous to the eternal kingdom, "second" the wicked to the lake of fire in the second death

Jesus Is The Lord

On this we agree. But it is a bit more complicated than just two resurrections in one day. And this is what we attempt to do on this Forum - swap ideas.

-  You have to define the "day" because between the martyrs "living" and the "rest of the dead "standing" is a thousand years

-  You have to define "First" because between Christ's resurrection and the martyrs' resurrection is two thousand years. But they both participate of the "FIRST" resurrection

-  You have to define "FIRST" because some Christians will not be part of the first resurrection, but they are raised at the beginning of the 1,000 years "when He comes", like those who will reign.

-  You have to decide about Israel's resurrection because if the first resurrection applies to believers and Israel cannot reign (Matt.21:43). But 1st Corinthians 15:23 say that their resurrection is "THOSE that are His when He comes", and He owns Israel and is the Maker and King.

These are just a few details of many that we must get to the bottom of.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  2,749
  • Content Per Day:  0.60

13 hours ago, AdHoc said:

But 1st Corinthians 15:23 say that their resurrection is "THOSE that are His when He comes", and He owns Israel and is the Maker and King.

These are just a few details of many that we must get to the bottom of.

Scripture below clearly teaches that when Jesus Christ returns "Then Cometh The End"

You falsely believe and teach a Millennium on this earth takes place after the second coming, in complete disregard of the scripture before your eyes below, simple, clear, easy to understand

"Then Cometh The End"

21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.

23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

Edited by truth7t7

31 minutes ago, truth7t7 said:

Scripture below clearly teaches that when Jesus Christ returns "Then Cometh The End"

You falsely believe and teach a Millennium on this earth takes place after the second coming, in complete disregard of the scripture before your eyes below, simple, clear, easy to understand

"Then Cometh The End"

21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.

23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

No brother. Here is the text of 1st Co 15:20–26

21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead. 22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. 23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming. 24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power. 25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet. 26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

Verse 25 starts with "FOR", thus coming to a conclusion of what is said before and continuing the the thought. The sequence is then

1. Christ the Firsfruits, then
2. those who are His "at His coming" (the church and Israel)
3. this we know to be about 2,000 years
4. THEN HE MUST REIGN till he has put all enemies down
5. this we know from Revelation 20 is 1,000 years. Magog is an ENEMY
6. but the great slaughter of Hamon-gog produces many more DEAD
7. but death is then conquered by Hades giving up her dead

• Followers:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  11

22 minutes ago, truth7t7 said:

As I understand it, “Then Cometh The End” refers to the end of this flesh age when, at the last Trump, in the twinkling of an eye, we will be changed:

So also is the resurrection of the dead. The body is sown in corruption, it is raised in incorruption. It is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory. It is sown in weakness, it is raised in power. It is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body. And so it is written, "The first man Adam became a living being." The last Adam became a life-giving spirit. However, the spiritual is not first, but the natural, and afterward the spiritual. The first man was of the earth, made of dust; the second Man is the Lord from heaven. As was the man of dust, so also are those who are made of dust; and as is the heavenly Man, so also are those who are heavenly. And as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly Man. Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does corruption inherit incorruption. Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed — in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

- 1 Corinthians 15:42-52