Adstar

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  62
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I have a Christian friend who when I tell her bad news will listen,but,only for a minute.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  633
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  06/05/1953

Hi Rosanne:

First, I am sorry for your loss.  That had to be a tremenous burden physically, emotionally and, mentally.  Thank God for the comfort of Jesus Christ.  It seems you hold well to Faith and that is beautiful!

When we get down to it, this earth is full of murders, dangers and, sin of every nature plus the judgements that go with it.  We cannot escape that until our time comes.  Our hope, our "Good News", is Jesus Christ and look at what He suffered and endured for our sakes.  It's not the here, it's the here-after.  Jesus told us that we would have tribulation in the world.  We see the evidence of those persecutions and troubles in the early church from Scripture.

But, you are right about bearing one another's burdens.  You see He also told us to "count it all joy" when persecutions come our way.  We are given something the World (unbelievers) do not have.   We are given through the Holy Spirit, the peace of God, the everlasting  joy of the Lord, a love and Joy that surpasses all understanding.  Because we belong to the New Covenant in Christ Jesus we are assured that inheritance today before we get there.

May the Lord bless your heart and fill your life above measure with His Joy.

God Bless.

• Content Count:  62
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Thanking you RCruise for your reply.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

Rosanne

If by not telling them the bad news you are placing them in danger of damnation, not telling them would be a grave sin.

If the news is not relevant to that person and will not affect your relationship with them. There is no need to tell them.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

Guest GloryaRose

Refusal to recognize the reality of a situation is nothing short of DENIAL.

Denial refuses to recognize the problems

This limits FAITH.

There are alot of Christians out there who fear speaking about negative things for fear it will contaminate or cripple their faith...and while some elements of this perspective may be true...DENIAL...is even more crippling to genuine faith.

FAITH is not refusing to recognize a problem.

Faith looks at a problem square in its awful face....and says

"my God is bigger than you"

Faith takes actions accordingly.

Just like David when he slew the Giant.

We can look at the problems...the giants that are too big for us to handle in our own strength and we can choose to be moved to fear and retreat...

Or we can look at how much Greater the Lord is than our problems, and be moved to overcome them with faith.

Faith says...you may break my heart, you may steal my life...and yet...you cannot separate me from God.

Enduring the pains of this life...recognizing them fully...but looking beyond them to the Greatness of God.

We do have a task to bear one another's burdens. We must listen to the one who is burdened...let them unload it all...and then point their eyes back to the goodness and the greatness of the Lord amidst it all...

When we do this we help one another to face the burdens... to look at them from God's perspective... and to trust Him to carry them with us.

If we say we only want to hear good news...what we are really saying is that our own faith is too weak...that our hearts to small to invest the time to listen and to encourage one another.

While this person may love you in her own way...I feel you need to seek friendships with Christians who will listen to you when you mourn...who will mourn with you and then help you to see the joy that comes in the morning as a real and tangible promise.

Love In Christ,

GloryaRose

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  25
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

She is obviously your "fair weather friend."  She obviously is wanting to hear only "good" news and you will have to respect that-she makes sure that everyone only shares for a short time 'bad' news to her and changes the subject.

Have you ever thought that maybe she is depressed? and one thing a depressed person can do is focus only on the positive to help counteract the horrible world we live in??  Also, anyone who is 300 pounds is not a happy person and has a world of problems that she probablywould love to share with someone: do you or the "others" who have complained about her listened to HER problems?

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  25
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

pray for her-God can help her.  "Life" happens to all of us-and God will only give us what we can handle and no more.  It sounds like this lady needs a true friend/support/prayers.  Sometimes it helps to focus on others.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  633
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  06/05/1953

Thanking you RCruise for your reply.

• 15 years later...

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

One of the best true descriptions of faith posted that I've seen so far :

On 9/24/2002 at 2:04 AM, Guest GloryaRose said:

Refusal to recognize the reality of a situation is nothing short of DENIAL.

Denial refuses to recognize the problems

This limits FAITH.

There are alot of Christians out there who fear speaking about negative things for fear it will contaminate or cripple their faith...and while some elements of this perspective may be true...DENIAL...is even more crippling to genuine faith.

FAITH is not refusing to recognize a problem.

Faith looks at a problem square in its awful face....and says

"my God is bigger than you"

Faith takes actions accordingly.

Just like David when he slew the Giant.

We can look at the problems...the giants that are too big for us to handle in our own strength and we can choose to be moved to fear and retreat...

Or we can look at how much Greater the Lord is than our problems, and be moved to overcome them with faith.

Faith says...you may break my heart, you may steal my life...and yet...you cannot separate me from God.

Enduring the pains of this life...recognizing them fully...but looking beyond them to the Greatness of God.

We do have a task to bear one another's burdens. We must listen to the one who is burdened...let them unload it all...and then point their eyes back to the goodness and the greatness of the Lord amidst it all...

When we do this we help one another to face the burdens... to look at them from God's perspective... and to trust Him to carry them with us.

If we say we only want to hear good news...what we are really saying is that our own faith is too weak...that our hearts to small to invest the time to listen and to encourage one another.

While this person may love you in her own way...I feel you need to seek friendships with Christians who will listen to you when you mourn...who will mourn with you and then help you to see the joy that comes in the morning as a real and tangible promise.

Love In Christ,

GloryaRose

.SHALOM SHALOM GLORYaROSE

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,269
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

On 9/23/2002 at 1:47 PM, Rosanne said:

I have a Christian friend who when I tell her bad news will listen,but,only for a minute.

I would think I'm similar to your friend. I rarely watch the news on TV or the papers.  Toxic input.  Don't enjoy being around complainers and whiners. They may have needs I cannot meet. But I will take any amount of time for serious issues,  and to listen to a genuine problem with someone I could help, and share what God says about dealing with it.  The gospel is easy to share, it is simple, as a child understands the easiest. I have dealt myself with over thinking issues, problems, and now I remind myself what God says about that.

Php_4:8  Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

• Thumbs Up 1