• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Content Per Day:  2.47
  • Days Won:  1

Revelation 6:15

Then the kings of the earth, the princes, the generals, the rich, the mighty, and everyone else, both slave and free, hid in caves and among the rocks of the mountains.

When those in Judea see the abomination that causes desolation placed in Jerusalem, they flee to the mountains. 

Revelation 6 paints a picture of people in the mountains hiding in caves on the day of the Lord. Going underground during the war of Armegeddon. 

There is now an app to help you find the nearest cave in Israel. It will help you navigate the mountains and lead you to a safe cave. 

https://www.timesofisrael.com/rockets-falling-theres-an-app-for-that/

Edited by Omegaman 3.o - Video removed. Videos are only allowed in the video section of the forums.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.54
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

Entertain for a moment the possibility of the earlier penning of Rev. Prior to 70 AD.

Then read again Matt 21-25.

15 minutes ago, Alive said:

Entertain for a moment the possibility of the earlier penning of Rev. Prior to 70 AD.

Luke 21:28

When these things begin to take place, stand up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near.”

Im just not one of those who believe the 144000 were redeemed in 70 AD. I'll just have to pass on your beliefs. 

13 minutes ago, Shilohsfoal said:

When these things begin to take place, stand up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near.”

Im just not one of those who believe the 144000 were redeemed in 70 AD. I'll just have to pass on your beliefs. 

Two points. I simply made a reasonable suggestion to perform an exercise while always asking the HS for His help.

And I did not mention the 144 1000.

• Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Consider the following scripture, since it is referred to already.

Revelation 6:12-17

12 I looked when He opened the sixth seal, and behold, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became like blood. 13 And the stars of heaven fell to the earth, as a fig tree drops its late figs when it is shaken by a mighty wind. 14 Then the sky receded as a scroll when it is rolled up, and every mountain and island was moved out of its place. 15 And the kings of the earth, the great men, the rich men, the commanders, the mighty men, every slave and every free man, hid themselves in the caves and in the rocks of the mountains, 16 and said to the mountains and rocks, “Fall on us and hide us from the face of Him who sits on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb! 17 For the great day of His wrath has come, and who is able to stand?”

Who are those who will fear God?  The unsaved, ,not the saved.  They will hide in fear of what God is doing.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, OneLight said:

Consider the following scripture, since it is referred to already.

Revelation 6:12-17

12 I looked when He opened the sixth seal, and behold, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became like blood. 13 And the stars of heaven fell to the earth, as a fig tree drops its late figs when it is shaken by a mighty wind. 14 Then the sky receded as a scroll when it is rolled up, and every mountain and island was moved out of its place. 15 And the kings of the earth, the great men, the rich men, the commanders, the mighty men, every slave and every free man, hid themselves in the caves and in the rocks of the mountains, 16 and said to the mountains and rocks, “Fall on us and hide us from the face of Him who sits on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb! 17 For the great day of His wrath has come, and who is able to stand?”

Who are those who will fear God?  The unsaved, ,not the saved.  They will hide in fear of what God is doing.

Correct. 

Those who flee for the mountains to hide are not saved. 

Those who are saved will simply stand up and raise their heads. They have no need to flee to the mountains. 

The 144000 are sealed at that time. 

They are redeemed at that time. 

"When these things begin to take place, stand up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near.”

None of this has anything to do with 70 AD though. 

Edited by Shilohsfoal

3 hours ago, Alive said:

What does John baptising people with water have anything to do with people hiding in caves? 

43 minutes ago, Shilohsfoal said:

What does John baptising people with water have anything to do with people hiding in caves? 

My apology--I should have typed Matt 21:18-Matt 25. All of that took place in a single day. It was a long day.

The point being--if Rev was penned prior to 70 AD, then all Jesus said on that day may take on different meaning--as regards eschatology and what many have been espousing for the last 50 years or so.

• Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

1 hour ago, Shilohsfoal said:

Correct. 

Those who flee for the mountains to hide are not saved. 

Those who are saved will simply stand up and raise their heads. They have no need to flee to the mountains. 

The 144000 are sealed at that time. 

They are redeemed at that time. 

"When these things begin to take place, stand up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near.”

None of this has anything to do with 70 AD though. 

Almost true.  The 144,000 are not sealed until the 7th seal is broken, not at the 6th seal.  Since we are not told how much time passes between each seal, we cannot say that the 144,000 are sealed at the 6th seal.

Not sure why you would include 70 AD as I never referred to that time frame. 

1 hour ago, OneLight said:

Almost true.  The 144,000 are not sealed until the 7th seal is broken, not at the 6th seal.  Since we are not told how much time passes between each seal, we cannot say that the 144,000 are sealed at the 6th seal.

Not sure why you would include 70 AD as I never referred to that time frame. 

You were the one who brought up 70 AD. Not me. 

And we can tell about how much time it takes between the 6th seal being broken and the 7th.

Jesus actually tells his elect in the gospel that when they see these things begin to take place, their redemption is near. 

The abomination if desolation described in revelation 6 and the people hiding in the caves as a result, would have us believe the elect would be sealed the same day. After all, Jesus tells his elect to stand on their feet and raise their heads. I don't think he is going to make them stand for very long. 

I really don't think Jesus going to make them stand there for very long at all. Maybe a few minutes? Anyways, no matter how hot it gets, Jesus said not a hair on thier heads would perish.