IGNORED

Is it possible that homosexuality is a birth defect?

Not of the World

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.14
  • Content Count:  1,060
  • Content Per Day:  1.74
  • Days Won:  1

27 minutes ago, Marathoner said:

As far as homosexuality becoming an affliction for some, there's no question about that. It is indeed. I say let the Lord be the judge, and we do all that we can for those who are afflicted in such a way. Love our neighbor as ourselves and condemn no one.

FWIW, I 100% feel the same way.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  280
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  13,179
  • Content Per Day:  9.51
  • Days Won:  149

15 minutes ago, JohnR7 said:

The real problem is when people try to justify themselves. God requires us to be humble before Him. 

If we are talking about 'us' then it's hopefully a moot point so far as this goes. I can only speak for myself here. If you've struggled with it, maybe you could give us some insight into your struggles, obviously not in any great detail. I'm referring to a battle against the flesh plane here. I have zero interest ion the same sex. The very thought of it grosses me out. 

19 minutes ago, JohnR7 said:

They want us to give them approval, and we cannot do that. So in some cases the problem is not the actual sin but our attitude toward sin. 

Yep, this is going to be one of the things we are hated for, because we can't bend on the issue without compromise, and I won't do that. Go too far in the acceptance direction and it sends all the wrong signals. I believe we need to remain firm and resolute.

It seems that my question has angered a member of this community.  I seek truth and understanding.  Sometimes that search entails asking challenging questions.  Such questions provide an opportunity to think and reflect and can lead to a fuller understanding.  While the Bible gives us what we need to know, serve, and grow closer to God, it does not reveal all truths in existence.  Hence, we are left to ask questions and to "think out loud" with one another in our search for more understanding.  And, as another said, "One who doesn't know their opponent's argument doesn't fully understand their own".

If one remains self-righteous in their indignation, they are certainly free to utilize the "ignore" function.

• Thumbs Up 1

27 minutes ago, JohnR7 said:

The real problem is when people try to justify themselves.

I would change that to "...when people try to justify sin."

The challenge some have is that they infer some ulterior, hidden, message that simply isn't there rather than go with what another actually stated or asked.  

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.19
  • Days Won:  115

5 hours ago, JohnR7 said:

Does anyone know what it means to be: "transgender"? It happens in 0ne out of 500, and they look like women, but they have a male organ that in some cases can produce a baby.

This is now called intersex where it once was called hermaphroditism.  It is not transgenderism.

Intersex: https://medlineplus.gov/ency/article/001669.htm

Transgenderism: Transgender is an umbrella term for persons whose gender identity, gender expression or behavior does not conform to that typically associated with the sex to which they were assigned at birth.

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  280
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  13,179
  • Content Per Day:  9.51
  • Days Won:  149

This too shall pass.

I guess my biggest question is, if someone gave the helm to any one of us, how would we run Worthy? It's easy to condemn, but I've been on other forums where the hand was too heavy and it begins to feel like more like a totalitarian society than a forum.

I will admit, sometimes I think some questions are posed as teasers. I can't speak for @Not of the World and I don't feel I have any business doing so. Trolls tend to show their true colors after awhile and I have no indication this is what's happening.

The subject of the OT is front and center generally everywhere now and we as believers are being told to suck it up and accept it all, even by the clergy in many so called churches.

Ask yourself how you would like to see a thread like this end? Full acceptance of the condition as ok because it's some kind of physical issue is to put our mark of approval on it. This is contrary to all bible on it. 

Coming down on the issue in a realistic way that follows what the bible tells us will offend a few who want to keep things along the border of condoning and accepting it. 

If we only ever go around saying love your brothers and sisters while avoiding clear teachings on it, haven't we been more like ostriches avoiding the issue by putting our heads in a hole, all in the name of Christian love? 

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, OneLight said:

...with the sex to which they were assigned at birth.

To which they were "assigned".  That's like seeing that a puppy was "assigned" to being a canine.  So called "scholarly" sources cannot be trusted to tell the truth, as evidenced by that "worldly" source.

• Well Said! 1

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  212
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,565
  • Content Per Day:  5.99
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

6 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

By that reasoning, it seems to me then, people could be inherently born a murder, pedophiles, abusers, or rapists. We have free will choices to do, or not to do something. The preceding is acting out. Are children born with diabetes, or does it develop over time? 

Well isn't this a lively discussion!?  In the list of things in the flesh, the word tells us the flesh is capable of the most heinous acts . . . all the above . . . and we all have the flesh.  As Christians, we have been regenerated with a new life. And even though the flesh will always be with us in this mortal existence, believers can turn to the Lord to overcome the flesh. However, unregenerate ones only have the flesh, and Romans 7:18 tells us NOTHING good dwells there! 

I know my flesh is capable of everything on the list . . . everything!  Maybe we don't, by the grace of God, carry out certain desires of the flesh, but it's still there. So in one sense, this stuff did come from our forefather, namely Adam, and that includes homosexuality.

Edited by Vine Abider
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

I will remind the reader that I simply asked if "natural" born homosexuality is a birth defect.  I then expressed my personal view that it is a birth defect in that homosexuality is a undesirable and unnatural condition. 

Nowhere did I state or imply that it's "ok" to engage in homosexual behavior.  The Bible is very clear that it is an abomination

Some have expressed disagreement with my view that one can be "born" gay, and that's ok.  It's ok for us to disagree on such things.