IGNORED

Antichrist - Extraterrestrial Connection?

Vine Abider

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

One of the most interesting abilities we've been given is our imagination.  I can remember as a child spending many hours imagining many things, mostly things I found enjoyable.  Even as we grow older, our imagination is still with us.  What a gift!

There are so many what if's we could apply to scripture, even this one about ET's.  Well, to humans, angels are extra-terrestrial, are they not?  They are not of this realm.  We can't see them in their natural state, but only when they choose to appear to us in one form or another. That, coupled with how long UFO's have been the topic of conversations, we can surely create many different scenarios that could easily fit our imagination and plug in the "holes" in scripture.  As long as it is all done in jest, I find no harm, but we should also be careful not to hold onto our playtime ideas as truth.  I say that only because some do.  A quick search on the internet will create a pretty long list of sites about UFO's and/or ET's, and within the ranks are Christians that claim all their imagined ideas as truth. 

I'm personally a Science Fiction nut.  I love good sci-fi movies and pictures found on the NASA site about far off places.  I even imagine being able to travel from one cosmic place to another a the speed of thought, much faster than any sci-fi abilities.  While we all enjoy our imagination, let's ensure we don't get caught up in it all and begin to attach it to the real truth found in scripture.  It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  201
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,429
  • Content Per Day:  6.22
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

16 minutes ago, OneLight said:

I'm personally a Science Fiction nut.  I love good sci-fi movies and pictures found on the NASA site about far off places.  I even imagine being able to travel from one cosmic place to another a the speed of thought, much faster than any sci-fi abilities.  While we all enjoy our imagination, let's ensure we don't get caught up in it all and begin to attach it to the real truth found in scripture.  It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt!

Me too (sci-fi fan) and I agree ---> It's all just fanciful speculation - based on what we think we see in the world, with a little scripture thrown in for good measure!  And even if we did get this near-future fellow (man of sin) down pat, it's really only the Spirit of Christ in us that can withstand his seducing deceptions any way. It's an interesting distraction at best, and the main thing is stay focused on the Lord, His word and His love.

We probably all know some saints who get way wrapped around the axle over their pet projections.  I've been told by various ones to "drop off the grid" and "get more guns & ammo" and "horde supplies" because of what they think is around the corner.  But this is living in fear, and greater is He who is in us than he who is in the world!

So thanks for that thoughtful "disclaimer" . . . yes, let's not get too caught up and carried away in our imaginations, which really just produce endless questionings, and be quick to come back to what's real (Christ in us and His living word). 

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a possible future news flash:

"As amazing as our Great Leader's coming back to life last week after the whole world saw him dead for three days, what has happened today makes that almost pale in comparison!  We have finally been given the answers to it all!  The Great Leader stood in the temple in Jerusalem and revealed that he was the one who planted us here and started all life on this earth.  And while he was speaking, a large formation of UFOs surrounded the city and made an exhilarating display of light and many wonderous signs in the heavens, which undeniably backed up his recent claims that he is not from this world.

"The Great Leader assured us that he is here now to bring total peace and prosperity to us, his children.  Now all the nations will be one.  What an incredibly wonderous time for mankind - we have found all the answers to our many questions in this One! Is this not the God all the religions of the world have sought for so long?!"  

Who would be so "foolish" not to follow someone like this?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Topics Per Day:  1.36
  • Content Count:  3,893
  • Content Per Day:  7.10
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  02/18/1956

On 11/15/2022 at 5:12 PM, Vine Abider said:

Not saying he is an ET, but that he may pose as an ET - whatever it takes to get men to extol him as the supreme supernatural god.

The other sci-fi angle would be to claim to be from the future, coming to save us from ourselves, claiming to know the end from the present. Can't seem to get enough of that in books, movies, and TV either.

• Interesting! 1

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,119
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

On 11/15/2022 at 1:23 PM, Vine Abider said:

The man of sin appears in the first half of the tribulation period and rises quickly to power, based on his apparent wisdom, speaking ability and charms.  And then he receives a death blow (Rev 13:3), but is miraculously healed and comes back to life. 

A lot of unfounded spec herein. For example, the death-blow took place (historically) on a seven-headed beast: "I saw one of his heads as if it had been mortally wounded."

No man has, nor ever will have, seven heads. If you go about mixing metaphors -- saying that this is a man with a literal head-wound, but his seven heads are only symbolic -- then you throw out any consistency in logic.

29 minutes ago, WilliamL said:

A lot of unfounded spec herein. For example, the death-blow took place (historically) on a seven-headed beast: "I saw one of his heads as if it had been mortally wounded."

No man has, nor ever will have, seven heads. If you go about mixing metaphors -- saying that this is a man with a literal head-wound, but his seven heads are only symbolic -- then you throw out any consistency in logic.

As I understand, the heads are heads of state, not a literal 7 headed creature.

16 minutes ago, Vine Abider said:

As I understand, the heads are heads of state, not a literal 7 headed creature.

What state has seven heads? (Other than serially over time.)

Following the precedent set in Daniel, Beasts are spirits manifesting through nations. One per nation.

Rev. 17:9 “Here is the mind which has wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains upon which the woman sits, 10 and they are seven kings; five have fallen, one is, the other has not yet come; and when he comes, he must remain a little while."

Edited by WilliamL

6 minutes ago, WilliamL said:

What state has seven heads? (Other than serially over time.)

Following the precedent set in Daniel, Beasts are spirits manifesting through nations. One per nation.

Rev. 17:9 “Here is the mind which has wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains upon which the woman sits, 10 and they are seven kings; five have fallen, one is, the other has not yet come; and when he comes, he must remain a little while."

It is in the verse cited - "7 kings."

4 minutes ago, Vine Abider said:

It is in the verse cited - "7 kings."

Of which five have already fallen: Egypt, Assyria, Chaldeo-Babylon, Persia, and Greece.