• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,608
  • Content Per Day:  12.15
  • Days Won:  31

14 hours ago, Starise said:

I don't want big church. I want real church.

Hi @Starise It's practising Acts 2.42 activities that really counts, right? :)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  670
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  0

22 hours ago, Starise said:

Thanks Ray, I really appreciate these words. I had been leading worship for probably 30 years and it seemed every church we went to over that time, this was what I did, and maybe why I was so accustomed to the job. I have also taught, but I don't do that at this church either because you have to agree with all of their doctrine and I will never be on board with infant baptism and I have some concerns about their flavor of reformed.. I haven't even attended one of their leadership classes which are open to everyone.  It seems that by my participation in men's groups and home groups I fell in well with many of the more seasoned and mature church members who are truly wonderful people. I know of at least one other person who was gifted to teach, that left as a result of leadership holding his abilities back due to his convictions. He had to agree to A and B to teach, and he didn't so he left. Granted I don't think I'm overly picky about churches in general, and I guess some things mean more to one than another. I think there is so much wrong with the idea of infant baptism. 

I listened to a sermon on foregivness recently which spoke to me and I am really trying to forgive those who probably aren't even aware they offended me. I do think that any member who has a serious illness should be on the mind of that churches pastor. If you get too big for that, then you are just too big. This church is focusing on younger families, same age group as the pastor, which makes us older people feel left out. 

I don't want big church. I want real church.

Starise: There are 3 older men in my church that are dealing with cancer, and we not only have a praying pastor, but, an involved church body who care and support these men and their families. My point is that I wish there was an authentic church in your area somewhere that you might be able to try. Yes, I am aware that changing churches is a painful thing. I myself had to do that one time due to blatant sin in the pastorate. We tried to assimilate into another church, but the doctrine from 'headquarters' was twisted, and so we were impressed to start a new bible-based church in our community. It was rough going, but, Jesus in His mercy helped us through the rough times, and we now are 8 years old with a thriving church body. Sure, there are some things that I wish were different, but, those things are small compared to the sound doctrine, moving of the Holy Spirit, and the loving care of our church members and pastor. We are growing slowly but steadily with people becoming members and not attenders only. And yes, we do have our short comings but the love and care for our families is not one of them . . . . 

I don't know why I just rambled on like this, but, to say that I partially understand your dilemma as having struggled though many of the same things you are encountering. God delivered me from cancer and being a church 'orphan', I will pray that somehow our Lord will meet your needs as only He can do.

Interesting . . . I feel like I just found an new friend on Worthy . . . should you ever be traveling and pass through Michigan, let me know and maybe we can treat you to dinner.

Grace and Peace . . .  Ray . .  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,126
  • Content Per Day:  9.66
  • Days Won:  149

44 minutes ago, Ray12614 said:

Starise: There are 3 older men in my church that are dealing with cancer, and we not only have a praying pastor, but, an involved church body who care and support these men and their families. My point is that I wish there was an authentic church in your area somewhere that you might be able to try. Yes, I am aware that changing churches is a painful thing. I myself had to do that one time due to blatant sin in the pastorate. We tried to assimilate into another church, but the doctrine from 'headquarters' was twisted, and so we were impressed to start a new bible-based church in our community. It was rough going, but, Jesus in His mercy helped us through the rough times, and we now are 8 years old with a thriving church body. Sure, there are some things that I wish were different, but, those things are small compared to the sound doctrine, moving of the Holy Spirit, and the loving care of our church members and pastor. We are growing slowly but steadily with people becoming members and not attenders only. And yes, we do have our short comings but the love and care for our families is not one of them . . . . 

I don't know why I just rambled on like this, but, to say that I partially understand your dilemma as having struggled though many of the same things you are encountering. God delivered me from cancer and being a church 'orphan', I will pray that somehow our Lord will meet your needs as only He can do.

Interesting . . . I feel like I just found an new friend on Worthy . . . should you ever be traveling and pass through Michigan, let me know and maybe we can treat you to dinner.

Grace and Peace . . .  Ray . .  

I am glad to hear that you were able to start the kind of a church that is authentic. It seems every church body has at least a few people dealing cancer among other things.

I guess I have been "delivered" from cancer as far as I can be. Cancer isn't the kind of thing that always stays gone. I hope it isn't the thing that gets me, but no matter what something eventually will. I can't sit around and dwell on all of that or I would never get anything accomplished.

I guess I have 'assimilated' into this church fairly well, but I'll never come to grips with all of the teachings this denomination condones. And something here just doesn't feel quite right, even though the church is growing like crazy. You must be doing pretty well when you have a decorating committee whose job is to make sure the church looks nice and is appealing. Money isn't a problem here so far as I can tell.

Nice to meet you here too Ray, and yes I feel I've made a friend as well. I don't foresee going that direction but you never know. If I am I'll give you a shout. Would ber nice to meet you.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,608
  • Content Per Day:  12.15
  • Days Won:  31

53 minutes ago, Starise said:

I am glad to hear that you were able to start the kind of a church that is authentic. It seems every church body has at least a few people dealing cancer among other things.

I guess I have been "delivered" from cancer as far as I can be. Cancer isn't the kind of thing that always stays gone. I hope it isn't the thing that gets me, but no matter what something eventually will. I can't sit around and dwell on all of that or I would never get anything accomplished.

I guess I have 'assimilated' into this church fairly well, but I'll never come to grips with all of the teachings this denomination condones. And something here just doesn't feel quite right, even though the church is growing like crazy. You must be doing pretty well when you have a decorating committee whose job is to make sure the church looks nice and is appealing. Money isn't a problem here so far as I can tell.

Nice to meet you here too Ray, and yes I feel I've made a friend as well. I don't foresee going that direction but you never know. If I am I'll give you a shout. Would ber nice to meet you.

@Starise In the end it's good to be able to discern Acts 2.42 activities in a local church, right? :)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  19
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

don't know if you allowed to but adding to my initial comments that today I prevented from going to church because of flat tire. i watched their stream but also very impressed by a  youtube video...their quality and excellence of filmography grabbed my attention!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.48
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

22 minutes ago, tony wesmit said:

don't know if you allowed to but adding to my initial comments that today I prevented from going to church because of flat tire. i watched their stream but also very impressed by a  youtube video...their quality and excellence of filmography grabbed my attention!

Videos are only allowed in the specific area of the forum for that purpose so that they can first be reviewed before mamking available. Videos are also to be limited to 20 minutes max.