• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  242
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Content Per Day:  1.54
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  10/04/1980

have any of you ever used a food bank? i did for the 1st time in 2016 and i use it when i dont have any means to make any money. usually i can go pick bottles and cans to make up the money i need if i need it or return the ones ive collected. ive had to use it 2-3 times this year

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,132
  • Content Per Day:  7.07
  • Days Won:  97

The nonprofit I work for operates a food bank at one of our locations in partnership with a larger food bank organization (they contribute to ours). There's no shame nor stigma if anyone has need of assistance, my friend. That's what a food bank is there for: those in need. 

Before I was a member of staff, I visited our food bank to acquire a box myself. However, within a month I joined the staff, so I had no need of it. We schedule regular trips to our food bank so clients can acquire whatever they need. 

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  771
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,937
  • Content Per Day:  3.07
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, Ghostdog said:

have any of you ever used a food bank? i did for the 1st time in 2016 and i use it when i dont have any means to make any money. usually i can go pick bottles and cans to make up the money i need if i need it or return the ones ive collected. ive had to use it 2-3 times this year

What is food bank ?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  790
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0

21 minutes ago, R. Hartono said:

What is food bank ?

They've become a feature of modern life. There are about a dozen in my city. Basically, if you can't afford to buy food, you go to a food bank and they will give you enough for 3-4 days, free of charge. The food has been donated by businesses and individuals - all the supermarkets have a food drop point where shoppers can make donati0ns. 

The way they operate varies. Some require clients to get a voucher from their social worker or Citizens Advice or some other organisation to prove that they are destitute. Others ask no questions. Some provide fresh food, others only dried and tinned food. Some are open every day, others only one day a week.

The biggest food bank network in the UK is the Trussell Trust:

https://www.trusselltrust.org

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  771
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,937
  • Content Per Day:  3.07
  • Days Won:  1

11 minutes ago, Deborah_ said:

They've become a feature of modern life. There are about a dozen in my city. Basically, if you can't afford to buy food, you go to a food bank and they will give you enough for 3-4 days, free of charge. The food has been donated by businesses and individuals - all the supermarkets have a food drop point where shoppers can make donati0ns. 

The way they operate varies. Some require clients to get a voucher from their social worker or Citizens Advice or some other organisation to prove that they are destitute. Others ask no questions. Some provide fresh food, others only dried and tinned food. Some are open every day, others only one day a week.

The biggest food bank network in the UK is the Trussell Trust:

https://www.trusselltrust.org

Amazing, no such thing like that here in Indonesia. The poor seek food at garbage drum.

Edited by R. Hartono

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,734
  • Content Per Day:  2.77
  • Days Won:  21

Growing up we often used the local food banks/rescue mission. I'm so thankful they exist or my mother and I would have went hungry many times.  I am grateful to our Father for His provision. I believe He uses the food banks and resources like that to provide for His children.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

15 hours ago, Ghostdog said:

Food banks are a very good resource for those who are financially limited. Although the food bank is running out of food here where I live. I try to donate whenever I can. 

• Thumbs Up 1