• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  202
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,472
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

I'm sorry, I got a little lost here . . . can someone bring me up to speed with how the discussion of the nature of the soul is related to a pre-Adamic race?

Thanks!

(BTW - I'm truly impressed by the caliper of the discussion, that is, the delving into the Hebrew.  You guys have been around the block a few times and have an impressive depth of knowledge on a variety of scripturally related things!  So a simple brother like me may not always follow where such involved conversations are going.)

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.53
  • Days Won:  12

14 hours ago, BeyondET said:

No the bible states the human vessel was fully formed with nostrils and all before the man became a living soul. the body had blood with living cells.

The created man with a soul wasn't at the same time. The body was formed then the breath applied. And the time between isn't mentioned. Could of been a second or minutes or hours.

I meant that the other part of your second sentence was speculation.  It's a guess that that's why cells keep living for a while, after the spirit has left the body (a reasonable guess, but still a guess).

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,869
  • Content Per Day:  1.22
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/01/1968

21 minutes ago, David1701 said:

I meant that the other part of your second sentence was speculation.  It's a guess that that's why cells keep living for a while, after the spirit has left the body (a reasonable guess, but still a guess).

Maybe I'm not completely understanding what you mean. But body cells do continue to live after a person dies.

Edited by BeyondET
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, BeyondET said:

Maybe I'm not completely understanding what you mean. But body cells do continue to live after a person dies.

Yes, I know; it's the reason that you gave for this that is speculation.  It's reasonable speculation, but unprovable.

3 hours ago, Vine Abider said:

I'm sorry, I got a little lost here . . . can someone bring me up to speed with how the discussion of the nature of the soul is related to a pre-Adamic race?

Thanks!

(BTW - I'm truly impressed by the caliper of the discussion, that is, the delving into the Hebrew.  You guys have been around the block a few times and have an impressive depth of knowledge on a variety of scripturally related things!  So a simple brother like me may not always follow where such involved conversations are going.)

There are people who claim that there was a pre-Adamic race of human-like beings, who had no soul.  I think it's a desperate attempt to rescue "long ages", before Adam (there are several such rescue attempts).

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  202
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,472
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

3 hours ago, David1701 said:

There are people who claim that there was a pre-Adamic race of human-like beings, who had no soul.  I think it's a desperate attempt to rescue "long ages", before Adam (there are several such rescue attempts).

Thanks . . . those people - they're the worst!  :red-neck-laughing-smiley-emoticon:  As I remember from reading Pember's book ("Earth's Earliest Ages"), he believed demons are the disembodied spirits of that pre-Adamic race.

Edited by Vine Abider
typo

• Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,265
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  1

1 minute ago, Vine Abider said:

Thanks . . . those people - they're the worst!  :red-neck-laughing-smiley-emoticon:  As I remember from reading Pember's book ("Earth's Eariest Ages"), he believed demons are the disembodied spirits of that pre-Adamic race.

YEC orgs like AiG, ICR, CMI have been attempting to assign the various early hominids as either human or non-human. 

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,869
  • Content Per Day:  1.22
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/01/1968

52 minutes ago, David1701 said:

Yes, I know; it's the reason that you gave for this that is speculation.  It's reasonable speculation, but unprovable.

The proof is in organ transplants, there is a limited amount of time to get the organ into another person before the cells die off.

And finger nails and hair continue to grow after death for a short time.

And there has been numerous studies on watching the cells die off one by one.

The immune system kicks into overdrive trying to repair failing organs but it's to no avail.

Edited by BeyondET

2 hours ago, Vine Abider said:

Thanks . . . those people - they're the worst!  :red-neck-laughing-smiley-emoticon:  As I remember from reading Pember's book ("Earth's Eariest Ages"), he believed demons are the disembodied spirits of that pre-Adamic race.

Did you mean, "Earth's Eeriest Ages"? :)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BeyondET said:

The proof is in organ transplants, there is a limited amount of time to get the organ into another person before the cells die off.

And finger nails and hair continue to grow after death for a short time.

And there has been numerous studies on watching the cells die off one by one.

The immune system kicks into overdrive trying to repair failing organs but it's to no avail.

Aargh!  I'm obviously not getting my meaning across... 

I know that what you posted here is correct.

What I was referring to, in the following post:

Yea so there is a separation, man who was formed first before the breath was entered. That explains why cells are still living in the flesh after death because they were living before the breath.

https://www.worthychristianforums.com/topic/286685-pre-adamic-world-fact-or-fiction/?do=findComment&comment=3607002

was the part I've made bold.  You said that the reason why cells live on for a time, after death (and I agree that they do), is that Adam's body was formed before God breathed into him.  This is reasonable speculation, but we can't prove it.