Wayne222

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  478
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,561
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  9

I am at lunch and usually I play online chess or talk with coworkers. But today I check out worthy.  What a blessing and uplifting. It's going to make my day  a lot better. Just had to share.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,228
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

Ah this reminds me. I like Chess.. taught my family how to play .. then they win. lol Bless you

11 hours ago, TheBlade said:

Ah this reminds me. I like Chess.. taught my family how to play .. then they win. lol Bless you

Chess is one game that really helps the mind to stay younger. I do play everyday day on line. ICC Chess club on line.  You might want to Google it. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  24,748
  • Content Per Day:  5.77
  • Days Won:  161
  • Birthday:  01/30/1985

I coached chess at one point. Beginners mostly. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  540
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  32,891
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  230
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

hmm my son once tried to teach me ... till I discovered he cheated to make sure I couldnt win  :yadda:

• Haha 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  958
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,641
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Chess, more than a game.

I started  chess at The Boys Club. Used to marvel at the masters that would come and play against 20 opponents at a time. Great fun! 

Several of us engaged in chess matches at work over the many years, with one boss in particular that encouraged us all to study play and also discuss with him the daily chess problem in the newspaper as we took breaks.

Haven't engaged online, well except to have played against Big Blue many years ago.

p.s. Win, lose, draw, or stalemate, end game scenarios with sacrifices made for gains anticipated along the battle field. Much like life, running as though to win, eh?

I have found that playing life one move at a time to be fatal to success. Planning three moves ahead is a minimal skill set to survive awhile, and that regardless of how many moves one foresees in a plan none of it pans out exactly as figured upon. Yet there is option after option to change the next series of moves. Same for the opponent. Best to be wise as serpents gentle as doves used as a vassal of the Lord.

10 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Chess, more than a game.

I started  chess at The Boys Club. Used to marvel at the masters that would come and play against 20 opponents at a time. Great fun! 

Several of us engaged in chess matches at work over the many years, with one boss in particular that encouraged us all to study play and also discuss with him the daily chess problem in the newspaper as we took breaks.

Haven't engaged online, well except to have played against Big Blue many years ago.

p.s. Win, lose, draw, or stalemate, end game scenarios with sacrifices made for gains anticipated along the battle field. Much like life, running as though to win, eh?

I have found that playing life one move at a time to be fatal to success. Planning three moves ahead is a minimal skill set to survive awhile, and that regardless of how many moves one foresees in a plan none of it pans out exactly as figured upon. Yet there is option after option to change the next series of moves. Same for the opponent. Best to be wise as serpents gentle as doves used as a vassal of the Lord.

I agree neighbor chess is more to know the possibility of moves of your opponent and your own. So you can set up things. Just like life. Blessings brother.

• Thumbs Up 1