• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,367
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Days Won:  1

23 hours ago, BeyondET said:

A little but stems cells and the cerebral cortex keeps everything going. when the human body grows and repairs itself its from stem cells. life is spirit it is why things in the body can keep living for awhile after death, muscle stem cells can live up to 17 days after the breath is gone. The cerebral cortex is consciousness reasoning the soul.

I'm a little lost here - sorry.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,868
  • Content Per Day:  1.22
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/01/1968

30 minutes ago, Tristen said:

I'm a little lost here - sorry.

think of how human life starts and what it becomes.

Stem cells are the building blocks of the human body, skin,bone,blood,heart,lungs,brain that is conscious able to reason.

Part of the brain the cerebral cortex is responsible for the higher-level processes of the human brain, language, memory, reasoning, thought, learning, decision-making, emotion, intelligence and personality.

the immune system is even more intriguing separate in its own way.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  266
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

On 1/9/2023 at 2:47 AM, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

I'm not a believer in near death experience studies, so I don't accept your conclusions. I only believe in the ones that have happened to me. I have highlighted in green where we seem to have significant differences.

I go back to the joining of sperm and egg. A spark occurs which I believe is the beginning of life. This spark has been photographed and published on the Internet.

I understand.  It's tricky because these things aren't a complete science and can be difficult to decipher for the human perception.  I also understand because indeed, some aspects of NDEs are unique designed for that specific person in order to help them in some way in their life, and there are other aspects of NDEs that are common like the tunnel of light, experiencing great love from God, a life review, and etc.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Amigo42 said:

I understand.  It's tricky because these things aren't a complete science and can be difficult to decipher for the human perception.  I also understand because indeed, some aspects of NDEs are unique designed for that specific person in order to help them in some way in their life, and there are other aspects of NDEs that are common like the tunnel of light, experiencing great love from God, a life review, and etc.

I should be more open to NDE's because I am a Born-Again Christian because of the testimony of a outlaw biker's NDE that physically affected me some 15-20 feet away and he wasn't even speaking to me. [More details are in my testimony.] But I've been witness to so many false teachers in the Church I've become cautious of everyone. I am very, very cautious what I accept as truth. I am always testing.

Just now, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

I should be more open to NDE's because I am a Born-Again Christian because of the testimony of a outlaw biker's NDE that physically affected me some 15-20 feet away and he wasn't even speaking to me. [More details are in my testimony.] But I've been witness to so many false teachers in the Church I've become cautious of everyone. I am very, very cautious what I accept as truth. I am always testing.

I can completely understand.  It's a complicated principle.  It's also complicated by the fact that on the other side, there is sometimes what I can "benign deception" which seems like an oxymoron.  In other words, sometimes God will show us things that in themselves may not be literally true but it is the truth we need to hear or so at that point in our lives.  

For example, as you mentioned NDEs aren't always literally but the experience is real.  Some people might see buddha or even Krishna, but most western NDEs  state that they see Jesus or God.  Some simply experience a being of light and love.  It appears that on death, initially, it is important that the expectations of the human mind are validated.  After that, various layers, of the human pysche are slowly removed as the soul gets further along in the tunnel.  After all layers of humanity are gone, the only thing that is left is spirit.  Once this is achieved, the soul reconnects with an all-knowing knowledge that has been provided by God.  Once we return home, the feeling may be akin to someone who has just jumped out of an airplane and landed like "wow, that was a rush!"

15 minutes ago, Amigo42 said:

I can completely understand.  It's a complicated principle.  It's also complicated by the fact that on the other side, there is sometimes what I can "benign deception" which seems like an oxymoron.  In other words, sometimes God will show us things that in themselves may not be literally true but it is the truth we need to hear or so at that point in our lives.  

For example, as you mentioned NDEs aren't always literally but the experience is real.  Some people might see buddha or even Krishna, but most western NDEs  state that they see Jesus or God.  Some simply experience a being of light and love.  It appears that on death, initially, it is important that the expectations of the human mind are validated.  After that, various layers, of the human pysche are slowly removed as the soul gets further along in the tunnel.  After all layers of humanity are gone, the only thing that is left is spirit.  Once this is achieved, the soul reconnects with an all-knowing knowledge that has been provided by God.  Once we return home, the feeling may be akin to someone who has just jumped out of an airplane and landed like "wow, that was a rush!"

I do not believe Jesus would ever manifest himself as Buddha or Krishna. The Bible states we are born with a Soul.

Deuteronomy 13:3 - you shall not listen to the words of that prophet or that dreamer of dreams. For the LORD your God is testing you, to know whether you love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul.
Deuteronomy 13:6 - “If your brother, the son of your mother, or your son or your daughter or the wife you embrace or your friend who is as your own soul entices you secretly, saying, ‘Let us go and serve other gods,’ which neither you nor your fathers have known, [ESV]

Two of literally hundreds of Bible examples regarding the soul.

25 minutes ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

I do not believe Jesus would ever manifest himself as Buddha or Krishna. The Bible states we are born with a Soul.

Deuteronomy 13:3 - you shall not listen to the words of that prophet or that dreamer of dreams. For the LORD your God is testing you, to know whether you love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul.
Deuteronomy 13:6 - “If your brother, the son of your mother, or your son or your daughter or the wife you embrace or your friend who is as your own soul entices you secretly, saying, ‘Let us go and serve other gods,’ which neither you nor your fathers have known, [ESV]

Two of literally hundreds of Bible examples regarding the soul.

I agree.  I just meant that some people may have NDEs that a pertinent to their culture.  It doesn't mean that every aspect of NDEs is literal or true necessarily.

Edited by Amigo42

17 minutes ago, Amigo42 said:

I agree.  I just meant that some people may have NDEs that a pertinent to their culture.  It doesn't mean that every aspect of NDEs is literal or true necessarily.

It would be, and has been, more powerful for Jesus to appear to a Muslim.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

It would be, and has been, more powerful for Jesus to appear to a Muslim.

Indeed, he has done that countless times.  There's a plethora of stories about such even on youtube.

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5,051
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

There are such people as chimeric humans.   These are people who were originally one of twins, but the second twin did not develop into an entire human, and was incorporated into the body of the other twin and formed a whole functional human out of two genetically-distinct embryos.

There was a case of such a woman who had been arrested for welfare fraud, because her children were tested and the results showed that they could not be her children.   But the doctor who delivered them testified that they were.   Turns out, her ovaries (and probably other parts) were from such a failed twin.

Now, each of them, according to Christian belief (and I believe this) is given a soul by God at conception.   So, does this person have one soul, or two?    And if she has one, what happened to the other one?

Or are there really two souls here?     Lots of questions...