• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,264
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  1

What about those who get night terrors without any of these issues? My mom gets them a lot. It scares my dad at times but she remembers none of it. They are more common in very young children. I can guarantee that my folks have none of these "open doors" in their home.

I'm sure this guy is completely sincere in his belief, but he is clearly keyed "spiritual" things, be they Christian or otherwise. His first reaction will of course associate with the spiritual. Should there not be at least some sense of skepticism or at least explore or consider a more mundane cause?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,132
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

5 hours ago, teddyv said:

What about those who get night terrors without any of these issues? My mom gets them a lot. It scares my dad at times but she remembers none of it. They are more common in very young children. I can guarantee that my folks have none of these "open doors" in their home.

I'm sure this guy is completely sincere in his belief, but he is clearly keyed "spiritual" things, be they Christian or otherwise. His first reaction will of course associate with the spiritual. Should there not be at least some sense of skepticism or at least explore or consider a more mundane cause?

I do think the video has a lot of merit, however I do agree with you that there are more things to consider.   I've had experience with people who were traumatized earlier in life and subconsciously have trouble dealing with it.  Not necessarily from the dark side, just things we have to deal with.   And, to the point of fracturing their personalities and giving them multiple personalities.  That is a serious problem.  Abuse of many forms can cause it, especially from birth to 13 or so.

Personally, I had an aunt that was bitten by a small spider back with I was about 7 or 8 and stayed at our house to mend.   She laid back in my sisters bedroom for nearly six weeks in such pain that she would beg my dad to just shoot her and put an end to her pain.

It was so traumatizing to me that I developed not only nightmares over it for decades, but a serious phobia to spiders.

1 hour ago, other one said:

I do think the video has a lot of merit, however I do agree with you that there are more things to consider.   I've had experience with people who were traumatized earlier in life and subconsciously have trouble dealing with it.  Not necessarily from the dark side, just things we have to deal with.   And, to the point of fracturing their personalities and giving them multiple personalities.  That is a serious problem.  Abuse of many forms can cause it, especially from birth to 13 or so.

I appreciate this response - and it's exactly what the presenter should actually say in a video like this.

I am a concerned about people seeing these type of videos and assuming what he says will work. But dealing with trauma should probably involve professionals or other people that actually know a thing or two about realistic expectations about moving on from traumatic events. God can and does heal, but I think the bulk of our experience is that it rarely just disappears overnight. The video could lead some to be discouraged if what is suggested does not work. 

1 hour ago, other one said:

Personally, I had an aunt that was bitten by a small spider back with I was about 7 or 8 and stayed at our house to mend.   She laid back in my sisters bedroom for nearly six weeks in such pain that she would beg my dad to just shoot her and put an end to her pain.

It was so traumatizing to me that I developed not only nightmares over it for decades, but a serious phobia to spiders.

I didn't need anything like that to make be scared of spiders., but it would certainly reinforce it!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,132
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

7 minutes ago, teddyv said:

I am a concerned about people seeing these type of videos and assuming what he says will work. But dealing with trauma should probably involve professionals or other people that actually know a thing or two about realistic expectations about moving on from traumatic events. God can and does heal, but I think the bulk of our experience is that it rarely just disappears overnight. The video could lead some to be discouraged if what is suggested does not work. 

I can't disagree with you because, even though you can get rid of the demonic things, if the openings they had are not filled with the Holy Spirit, there is a chance they can come back the same way they got there in the first place.    Also the Trauma may never go away, one just learns to deal with it.

I've been a sounding board and prayer partner with several people that were used in Satanic Rituals when they were babies to age 13.  It takes some time to learn to deal with that.    Most professional councilors don't know how to deal with problems from dark spiritual forces and usually people only end up on drugs and that just covers it up.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

7 hours ago, teddyv said:

I am not saying all nightmares are demonic, or denying the reality of trauma affecting dreams. I am specifically referring to sleep paralysis, which is a demon.

Inner healing from trauma is very much needed and valid but it is a completely different category than what I'm addressing in the video.

1 hour ago, Joshua-777 said:

I am not saying all nightmares are demonic, or denying the reality of trauma affecting dreams. I am specifically referring to sleep paralysis, which is a demon.

Inner healing from trauma is very much needed and valid but it is a completely different category than what I'm addressing in the video.

On what basis do you qualify that all  sleep paralysis is a demon? We all have a level of paralysis during REM sleep. It's just some people experience when awake which I can imagine would be disconcerting. But jumping from there to demon is a bit of a step, unless such a person is already primed.