• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,878
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

@Marilyn C

Hi Marilyn, in the book of revelation we read about the Royal Priesthood..and we also read that they were dress in white linen...

This detailed let us know that not all believers are part of the Royal Priesthood...

In the same way that not all Levites were Priests..

All believers are Saved and can say they believe but not all believers can sing out loud that they have decided to follow Jesus...which part of it includes repentance from the heart. 

In a parallel way all believers are saved but some believers continue in sin...and I say that with a grain of salt...because someone can be in sin in his ignorance...and there is the Lords Grace...

But not every believer is part of the body of Christ...to be part of the body of Jesus Christ it will require to want to have Jesus as Lord in your Life and not just as a Savior,..

Edited by Your closest friendnt

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  226
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

Eph 4:13  Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man (G435), unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

If we are to become a perfect man in Christ how can we be considered a bride /wife? 

G435 anēr: a man (properly as an individual male): - fellow, husband, man, sir.

Eph 5:23  For the husband (G435) is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body. 

I agree with this statement…“so they who insist that the Church of Ephesians five is the bride, must insist that Paul taught that the bride will be the perfect husband-which is absurd”.

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  140
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,269
  • Content Per Day:  1.24

10 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi 1to3,

Hello Marilyn,  just to understand you better,please point out exactly: what did I say that according to yo9u is incorrect in the following:

I see us SAINTS from scripture as the bride of Christ.

I see Israel as ALL who have come to Christ Jesus  Jew and Greek=Gentiles.

Jesus gave a very important  Parable /story of the bride and keeping their oil lamps full. Matthew 25:1-13 NKJV

“Then the kingdom of heaven shall be likened to ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meetthe bridegroom. Now five of them were wise, and five were foolish. Those who were foolish took their lamps and took no oil with them, but the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps. But while the bridegroom was delayed, they all slumbered and slept. “And at midnight a cry was heard: ‘Behold, the bridegroom is coming; go out to meet him!’ Then all those virgins arose and trimmed their lamps. And the foolish said to the wise, ‘Give us some of your oil, for our lamps are going out.’ But the wise answered, saying, ‘No, lest there should not be enough for us and you; but go rather to those who sell, and buy for yourselves.’ And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came, and those who were ready went in with him to the wedding; and the door was shut. “Afterward the other virgins came also, saying, ‘Lord, Lord, open to us!’ But he answered and said, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, I do not know you.’ “Watch therefore, for you know neither the day nor the hour in which the Son of Man is coming.

Meaning keeping the -oil lamps-  the Holy Spirit active in your life in your temple.

Those are the TRUE virgins of Christ Jesus , they kept their oil lamps full and were ready to meet their groom=Christ Jesus.

These TRUE Virgins are the bride of Christ

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

3 hours ago, Cntrysner said:

Eph 4:13  Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man (G435), unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

If we are to become a perfect man in Christ how can we be considered a bride /wife? 

Eph 5:23  For the husband (G435) is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body. 

I agree with this statement…“so they who insist that the Church of Ephesians five is the bride, must insist that Paul taught that the bride will be the perfect husband-which is absurd”.

Gal 3:28

There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

I don't think the marriage Christ speaks of is anything like what we have know as marriage.

Edited by coheir
spelling

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  205
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,482
  • Content Per Day:  6.15
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

12 hours ago, Rosie1jack2pauline3 said:

The five virgins who have the extra oil represent the truly born again who are looking with eagerness to the coming of Christ. They have saving faith and have determined that, whatever occurs, be it lengthy time or adverse circumstances, when Jesus returns, they will be looking with eagerness. The five virgins without the oil represent false believers who enjoy the benefits of the Christian community without true love for Christ. They are more concerned about the party than about longing to see the bridegroom. Their hope is that their association with true believers (“give us some of your oil” of verse 8) will bring them into the kingdom at the end. This, of course, is never the case. One person’s faith in Jesus cannot save another. The “Lord, lord” and “I do not know you” of verses 11 and 12 fit very well with Jesus’ condemnation of the false believers of Matthew 7:21-23, “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter. Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?’ And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness.’”

The problem with saying the unwise are not born again is:

1. They were all virgins

2. They all heard the call and went forth

3. They all had lamps (though some were going out)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  226
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

3 hours ago, coheir said:

Gal 3:28

There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

I don't think the marriage Christ speaks of is anything like what we have know as marriage.

In context Paul did not speak of marriage but adoption.

Gal 4:4  But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law, 
Gal 4:5  To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons. 
Gal 4:6  And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

Paul was addressing those that believed in works of the flesh thus positioning themselves in bondage under the law where a Jewish male was the head the household with all authority.

Gal 4:9  But now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage? 
Gal 4:10  Ye observe days, and months, and times, and years. 
Gal 4:11  I am afraid of you, lest I have bestowed upon you labour in vain.

Their belief positioned them above the Gentile and circumcision of the flesh was a seal to their righteousness under the law. The law is abolished in Christ, women do not receive circumcision, and identity in Christ is not of our fleshly position. 

Gal 6:15  For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature.

The new man is not our flesh identity but it is Christ who is The Son of The Father. Christ is a male thus the new man and we are individual members of His body not a bride as is the nation of Israel.     

• This is Worthy 1
  • Interesting! 1

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,227
  • Content Per Day:  3.48
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

5 hours ago, Cntrysner said:

Hi Cntrysner,

Well said, clear and straight forward. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Vine Abider said:

The problem with saying the unwise are not born again is:

1. They were all virgins

2. They all heard the call and went forth

3. They all had lamps (though some were going out)

And VA, why is the Lord speaking to Israel about the Body of Christ when He doesn`t reveal that purpose till He ascends and reveal it to the Apostle Paul?

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, 1to3 said:

Hello Marilyn,  just to understand you better,please point out exactly: what did I say that according to yo9u is incorrect in the following:

I see us SAINTS from scripture as the bride of Christ.

I see Israel as ALL who have come to Christ Jesus  Jew and Greek=Gentiles.

Jesus gave a very important  Parable /story of the bride and keeping their oil lamps full. Matthew 25:1-13 NKJV

“Then the kingdom of heaven shall be likened to ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meetthe bridegroom. Now five of them were wise, and five were foolish. Those who were foolish took their lamps and took no oil with them, but the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps. But while the bridegroom was delayed, they all slumbered and slept. “And at midnight a cry was heard: ‘Behold, the bridegroom is coming; go out to meet him!’ Then all those virgins arose and trimmed their lamps. And the foolish said to the wise, ‘Give us some of your oil, for our lamps are going out.’ But the wise answered, saying, ‘No, lest there should not be enough for us and you; but go rather to those who sell, and buy for yourselves.’ And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came, and those who were ready went in with him to the wedding; and the door was shut. “Afterward the other virgins came also, saying, ‘Lord, Lord, open to us!’ But he answered and said, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, I do not know you.’ “Watch therefore, for you know neither the day nor the hour in which the Son of Man is coming.

Meaning keeping the -oil lamps-  the Holy Spirit active in your life in your temple.

Those are the TRUE virgins of Christ Jesus , they kept their oil lamps full and were ready to meet their groom=Christ Jesus.

These TRUE Virgins are the bride of Christ

Hi 1to3,

What you are doing is saying that the Lord is talking about the Body of Christ, when in fact the Lord does not reveal that purpose till He ascends and reveals it to the Apostle Paul.

So, to all - from God`s word, why does the Lord marry His wife, (again) and then a thousand years later marry another?

• Interesting! 1