IGNORED

Are Environmental Activists Killing Off Whales for Wind Turbines?

SavedOnebyGrace

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,059
  • Content Per Day:  14.09
  • Days Won:  0

Source: https://www.foxnews.com/us/dead-humpback-whale-washed-ashore-new-york-endangered-deaths-east-coast

Nine whales – including two sperm whales and seven humpback whales – have been found dead off the coasts of four East Coast states in less than two months, according to federal environmental officials. The discovery of the whales, five of which were beached in New Jersey, sparked calls from environmentalists to halt offshore wind development until more information was known about their deaths.

New Jersey based Clean Ocean Action is asking the federal government to probe the deaths of six whales that has washed a shower and want to see if construction work or offshore wind farms are to blame. 

Some groups believe the projects should be scaled back but not halted altogether.

Should we allow the killing of humpback whales for the sake of making China richer selling us Windmills at $20,000,000 per unit? I worked in the Construction Industry and rarely do projects come in on budget. I guess we can just print more paper and suck the poor and middle class dry.

I saw the former head of Greenpeace last night on Tucker Carlson and he was very upset in the direction Greenpeace is heading.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

8 minutes ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

Source: https://www.foxnews.com/us/dead-humpback-whale-washed-ashore-new-york-endangered-deaths-east-coast

Nine whales – including two sperm whales and seven humpback whales – have been found dead off the coasts of four East Coast states in less than two months, according to federal environmental officials. The discovery of the whales, five of which were beached in New Jersey, sparked calls from environmentalists to halt offshore wind development until more information was known about their deaths.

New Jersey based Clean Ocean Action is asking the federal government to probe the deaths of six whales that has washed a shower and want to see if construction work or offshore wind farms are to blame. 

Some groups believe the projects should be scaled back but not halted altogether.

Should we allow the killing of humpback whales for the sake of making China richer selling us Windmills at $20,000,000 per unit? I worked in the Construction Industry and rarely do projects come in on budget. I guess we can just print more paper and suck the poor and middle class dry.

I saw the former head of Greenpeace last night on Tucker Carlson and he was very upset in the direction Greenpeace is heading.

Sharks are among a group of animals with a 6th sense that humans don't have — they use Earth's magnetic field to navigate

I do think they are affecting ocean life

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, coheir said:

Sharks are among a group of animals with a 6th sense that humans don't have — they use Earth's magnetic field to navigate

I do think they are affecting ocean life

Nobody has studied the long-term effects on ocean life. Fishermen are also worried that their renewable resource (fish) may also be affected. But we can learn to love eating insects!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I've been watching this story both on Fox and several other places that post on YouTube.   It may well be the per-testing the seafloor beds.   The sonar blasts used to do that can actually damage the ears of the whales and others.     I don't know if you have been around those things when they are running, but they make weird noises from the blades.    The blades are not like propellers, but function like sails on a boat and when a sail is properly adjusted for efficiency they make deep low frequency rumbling noise.  They are doing serious damage to our food supply and the whole ecological system of the ocean.   

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,265
  • Content Per Day:  2.90
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

Would that be Patrick Moore?

1 minute ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

Source: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/former-greenpeace-founder-patrick-moore-the-green-new-deal-would-lead-to-the-end-of-civilization

The segment on Tucker Carlson was only about whales, whaling and wind farms. Nothing else in Patrick Moore's background was discussed.

I think he makes valid points at times, but I treat him with a bit of skepticism as well. He tends to really play up his former involvement with Greenpeace to give him the insider's credibility. But he has not been involved with them for, what, 30 years?

3 minutes ago, teddyv said:

I think he makes valid points at times, but I treat him with a bit of skepticism as well. He tends to really play up his former involvement with Greenpeace to give him the insider's credibility. But he has not been involved with them for, what, 30 years?

True. But you can't argue with the nine dead whales. Coincidence? I think not.

17 minutes ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

True. But you can't argue with the nine dead whales. Coincidence? I think not.

I was not commenting on his take with the whales. That is a bit unusual.

16 minutes ago, teddyv said:

I was not commenting on his take with the whales. That is a bit unusual.

Yes. I first heard there were ten whales, but that must be over a different time frame. NJ and NY, nine whales dead in 2 months.

Edited by Saved.One.by.Grace