IGNORED

Addictions, bad and good........tattoos of Bible verses; thoughts?

farouk

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,508
  • Content Per Day:  12.16
  • Days Won:  31

Romans 8.3-15:

For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.

For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.

13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

1 John 4.13-15:

Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit.

14 And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world.

15 Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  98
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, Tony the student said:

The Holy One of Israel, the Creator of Heaven and earth is One and only One. God is Life. Life has no beginning and no end. Father God and Jesus and the Holy Spirit is One Spirit. God is Spirit. Jesus told us the flesh means nothing. The body is a tent which fades away with use.

The Trinity reveals simply the relationship between Father and Son and Holy Spirit.

The story of Father and Son reveals the bond, fellowship, and loving relationship between a good father and good son. This is the same way of life we are to live on earth.

Father teaches the Son Father's Way of Life. Christ is born and lives out the perfect example of Father's teaching in Christ's earthly body. When Christ went back to His Creator, His Father, Christ now sits with His Father. The first-born, Annointed Son is the sign of Father's strength.

Christ Jesus is the one and only God, He is the Holy One of Israel, Redeemer, Creator, and Savior. He is the beginning and the end, the Alpha and the Omega. 

Consider the following verses in Isaiah

Isaiah 41:4 Who has performed and done this, calling the generations from the beginning? I, the LORD, the first, and with the last; I am he.

Isaiah 43:10 “You are my witnesses,” declares the LORD, “and my servant whom I have chosen, that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor shall there be any after me.

Isaiah 43:25 “I, I am he who blots out your transgressions for my own sake, and I will not remember your sins.

Isaiah 46:4 even to your old age I am he, and to gray hairs I will carry you. I have made, and I will bear; I will carry and will save.

Isaiah 48:12 “Listen to me, O Jacob, and Israel, whom I called! I am he; I am the first, and I am the last."

_________

The body (flesh) of Jesus Christ was and will always be a Holy temple. Jesus said, "Destroy this temple and in three days I will raise it up again". And indeed He did.

After the crucifixion and resurrection of Jesus, He spent a period of 40 days with His disciples. During this time Jesus said to them, “Behold My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself. Handle Me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see I have.”  Luke 24:39 

The body of Christ wasn't a tent which faded away with use. His body was an eternal temple that always was and always will be. 

_______

Respectfully, there is nothing "simply revealed" by the trinity. I've been in Christ for as far back as I can remember but wasn't introduced to the "trinity" until I made the mistake of stepping foot into a denominational church at the age of 20. I can assure you that it causes far more confusion than it does clarity.

You say, "the trinity reveals simply the relationship between Father and Son and Holy Spirit" but the truth is that the wondrous, indescribably majestic complexity of God simply cannot be understood apart from His Spirit (which is not "the third person of the trinity" but is simply HIS SPIRIT; which is Holy because it belongs to He who is Holy). The trinity might succeed in revealing some foreign (fake) god unbeknownst to me, but it certainly doesn't reveal the one true God. He will always reveal Himself to His children and won't ever need the help of a man-made equation called the trinity to do so. 

Edited by AnnaGrace

2 minutes ago, Tony the student said:

Mankind was given the idea of the Trinity by none other than God. This is how we live at peace with the Jewish people and the Islamic people. When you tell others to only see Jesus, then we lose the knowledge Father reveals in the Old Testament.

The idea of the Trinity came from the Roman Catholic Church, a completely God-less institution. Also, I don't know about you, but I don't feel I was called to "live at peace" with everyone in this sinful, fallen world. I was called to speak the truth of Christ at the cost of everything; including my own life. Jesus didn't come tickling ears with what people wanted to hear and neither will I.

11 minutes ago, Tony the student said:

I used to wonder why our LORD Jesus Christ God laid out His entire testimony as Father and Son.

The term Father means Creator, Parent, Priest. Christ fulfills both roles; however, we as servants of Christ must know and respect His Father. God, the Holy One of Israel, spent centuries telling His story. All of this story pointed to the coming of His Son. The Son came to make every word in the Old Testament come true. Jesus makes the OT and NT a reality and a future. The teaching of the OT cannot be separated from the teaching of the NT. 

This is what I am trying to simply remind people.

Mankind was given the idea of the Trinity by none other than God. This is how we live at peace with the Jewish people and the Islamic people. When you tell others to only see Jesus, then we lose the knowledge Father reveals in the Old Testament.

Also, the God of the OT is the same God of the NT. Jesus is LORD of all. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.51
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

4 minutes ago, AnnaGrace said:

The idea of the Trinity came from the Roman Catholic Church, a completely God-less institution. Also, I don't know about you, but I don't feel I was called to "live at peace" with everyone in this sinful, fallen world. I was called to speak the truth of Christ at the cost of everything; including my own life. Jesus didn't come tickling ears with what people wanted to hear and neither will I.

I am curious @AnnaGrace are you indicating that you do not hold to the doctrine of the 'Trinity' That the Word (Jesus Christ), the Father and the Holy Spirit are all three God?

Or put another way, the 'Godhead' made up of three persons.

2 hours ago, Tony the student said:

Nothing happens in Heaven and on earth that God does not give His permission. Even Satan must seek Father's permission to carry out some acts. The best example is Job.

Additionally, Jesus tells us through Paul to, as much it is up to us, live at peace with everyone. Speak the Truth of Christ without changing one word from the Holy Bible. By doing this you will be speaking truth to powerful people. You will place yourself in danger. May the LORD God Almighty in the name of Jesus guide you on your Way.

Thank you brother. 

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

22 hours ago, AnnaGrace said:

Respectfully, I believe it means what it says. The doctrine of the trinity is not biblical; the LORD GOD is one. 

The Godhead, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit in one (unified) Godhead or divinity - so that all three persons are one in unity and eternal substance, but three separate and distinct persons as to individuality (1 John 5:7-8; Daniel 7:9-14; Matthew 3:16-17; 28:19; Acts 7:56-59).”

• Interesting! 1

2 hours ago, Alive said:

I am curious @AnnaGrace are you indicating that you do not hold to the doctrine of the 'Trinity' That the Word (Jesus Christ), the Father and the Holy Spirit are all three God?

Or put another way, the 'Godhead' made up of three persons.

I hold no doctrine that is not explicitly stated in scripture (or those not revealed to me by the Spirit of He that leads me). I also believe scripture speaks for itself and cannot be correctly understood apart from Him. 

Colossians 2:8 says, “see to it that no one takes you captive by philosophy and empty deceit, according to human tradition, according to the elemental spirits of the world, and not according to Christ.” 

All theology is rooted in philosophy; and the trinity is at the center of all “Christian” theology. 

The trinity is mortal man’s attempt to try and comprehend a completely immortal, eternal, incomprehensible, righteous, holy, and sovereign God. 

5 minutes ago, HAZARD said:

The Godhead, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit in one (unified) Godhead or divinity - so that all three persons are one in unity and eternal substance, but three separate and distinct persons as to individuality (1 John 5:7-8; Daniel 7:9-14; Matthew 3:16-17; 28:19; Acts 7:56-59).”

“I and the father are one”

John 10:30

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, AnnaGrace said:

“I and the father are one”

John 10:30