IGNORED

Is this generation ripe for the same movement of the Holy Spirit?

OneLight

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

The 60's and 70's brought about a different culture that was very lost, much like the culture of today ... very lost.  The sins look different but the souls are still in need of a Savior.  Will this happen again?  Would you become part of a new movement or would you turn away from such a movement?  Here is one persons experience of the Jesus Movement of the past.  Well worth your time to watch and consider.  God will be moving again, but will it look the same?

For those who are wondering ... yes, I did watch it all before posting.

• Loved it! 1

• 2 weeks later...

By what has been happening in the US, it appears that this is beginning all over again, but this time in Christian collages.  What are your thoughts?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,207
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

On 2/17/2023 at 7:37 AM, OneLight said:

By what has been happening in the US, it appears that this is beginning all over again, but this time in Christian collages.  What are your thoughts?

Hi OneLight,

Thank you so much for posting that video. I think we are both old enough to remember the hippy movement. Amazing things God has done and is doing.

Marilyn.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 2/18/2023 at 1:01 AM, Marilyn C said:

Hi OneLight,

Thank you so much for posting that video. I think we are both old enough to remember the hippy movement. Amazing things God has done and is doing.

Marilyn.

Sorry for not replying sooner.  Yes, it was quite an event to watch growing up.  God has been moving in me that He is going to do the same thing now, which is rather strange because I've always believes in the past that God would not move again until the church was forced underground.  As I've kept my eye on what nations were on fire for the Lord, they all were in countries where being a Christians was basically against the law.  Not so here in the US ... yet!

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,207
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

4 hours ago, OneLight said:

Sorry for not replying sooner.  Yes, it was quite an event to watch growing up.  God has been moving in me that He is going to do the same thing now, which is rather strange because I've always believes in the past that God would not move again until the church was forced underground.  As I've kept my eye on what nations were on fire for the Lord, they all were in countries where being a Christians was basically against the law.  Not so here in the US ... yet!

That`s fine OneLight,

Yes I know what you mean. I too have been watching.

Then when I heard that there were no big names `running` it I thought of an old prophecy my grandmother had in a pile of old prophecies.

In Christ Alone.

The Lord says -

`It is not the towering ability of individual men that will bring the close of this dispensation to an end, but it will be the ripening, the moulding, the perfecting of a Body of People that will be peculiarly Mine.

There will be no possibility for `flesh` to glory, for all will be interwoven one into the other, and in the centre of them will be the fires of Divine Affection, in the centre of them will be the seeds of Divine Love, in the centre of them will be the deposit of the eternal Purpose of God;

And when that time will come, it will be far greater! - drawing from the earth a people (who have been Mine) in the sense of rapture; it will be the carrying away from the earth of that functional Organ from the realm of Time into its Eternal Setting.`

Prophetic Word (part of) from the Apostolic Convention in Penygroes, 1943.

Prophetic Ministry through Pastor J.D. Eynon.

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  201
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,431
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

"Where sin abounds, grace does much more abound!" (Romans 5:20)  The world was reeling with the whole counter-culture thing in the 60s with a giant wave of "new morality," which was just the same old package of sin, but in a different wrapper. Then at just the right time, along came the Jesus People movement.  The two kingdoms waring against each other, manifested plainly again.

And now, the young generation today is so very lost and desperately needs the Savior.  Yes, the time is ripe.

• Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

Show yourself mighty, Lord, for the glory of your name!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,952
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

On 2/4/2023 at 5:22 AM, OneLight said:

The 60's and 70's brought about a different culture that was very lost, much like the culture of today ... very lost.  The sins look different but the souls are still in need of a Savior.  Will this happen again?  Would you become part of a new movement or would you turn away from such a movement?  Here is one persons experience of the Jesus Movement of the past.  Well worth your time to watch and consider.  God will be moving again, but will it look the same?

I recall an older man called Jerry Cook coming from the USA or Canada on at least three occasions to our city in NZ in the '80s. He had done his training to be a pastor and as a young man was happy to be posted to a small fellowship in a small settlement somewhere, but for some reason which he couldn't explain at the time, his services began to fill up with hippies, bikers, drug-addicts and prostitutes.

New premises were required and still the attendance grew. Someone in the former congregation suggested they have a special section for these people to sit in, so Jerry tongue in cheek, asked the congregation how they would feel about coming into services carrying signs that let everyone know which sins they most identified with. I can just imagine the stunned silence before the booing started, as he related in his testimony.

From memory I think Jerry ended up with a congregation of about 4000 from the influx of the Jesus Movement, and he said he always preached the gospel of Love, Acceptance, and Forgiveness in Christ. 

• Loved it! 1