• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  252
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  06/11/1957

5 hours ago, Marathoner said:

Fellowship is not required to love our neighbor as ourselves. Did the Lord shun the tax collector? 

We are called upon to walk in the Spirit of the Lord, and the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. Walking in the Spirit is how we love our neighbor as ourselves, my friend. 

Who performs the work: man, or the Lord? If man is the worker, then what hope do any of us have? Praise the Lord, the Spirit performs the work and so we wait patiently upon Him treating our neighbor with love, gentleness, patience, and a joyful heart. Our example speaks louder than words. :) 

I agree whole heartedly, yet the tax collector was a tax collector until he became a disciple.

No harm not foul intended; I will refrain !

• Group:  Advanced Member

4 hours ago, Slibhin said:

As opposed to causing indirect offense? I've been called the synagogue of Satan on this forum, so I'm past being offendable here.

I am so sorry such was said to you. 😔 I do not,unless shown differently, call those who's father is the prince of darkness such!

Jesus,himself was a practicing Jew as was one of the greatest pharisees converted to Christendom; Paul ! 

Everyone is free to their own beliefs; under the law if any fail in obedience to one, then they are guilty of all.

Under grace,we only hold to 3 great commandments of Jesus, love God with ALL, love your neighbor & love one another. This is the law of liberty & love!

I am sorry for any offense!♥️

• Loved it! 1

1 hour ago, kwikphilly said:

Blessings Keturah!

I don't see any offenses from what you've posted,it's what the Word of God Says and that is really the answer to the question,isn't it?

If you'd like my " take" on it I'll offer you my own thoughts.  

No,Light cannot have Fellowship with darkness,when the Light comes the darkness cannot remain- the Fellowship in which we speak is referring to a mismatched alliance ,where is the commonality- it can greatly hinder our Walk & we must take heed...  It should be a caution to take quite seriously....

You know Keturah,Almost ever Believer seems to think they are supposed to " Save" everyone or that they are indeed the one to be that positive influence in an unbelievers life... There are more stories in the Bible showing us what unevenly yoked relationships result in,it's highly likely the believer will drift away from his Faith & not the other way around

Now,ask me if we can be friends with unbelievers ...That depends on what ":friend":means to a person!

Personally I have tons of acquaintances,there are unbelievers in some of my " friend" groups....I hope the seeds I plant at every opportunity will one day take root and I pray they've not " yet,":Received but I must draw the line,these are not really my friends if they are at enmity with my Lord God.

Also,I find in me a capacity to LOVE,that is Christ in me-I love my fellow man,I'd give them the shirt off my back,console them with compassion and truly care for them all the while guarding my own heart- it may be hard to understand but it is not I- it's Jesus.... But you see,I love Jesus ABOVE all else and walking in Spirit and in Truth I am careful to ASK & LISTEN. for if I am not well Received(God's Word) to kick the dust from my feet

I could write a book on this lil topic but I don't like reading long posts myself so I'll spare the readers,lol

Simple answer"No",not really ....still,be a " friend" to those that need a friend- they may see Jesus for the very first time through you ...pray & above all LISTEN

With love in Christ, Kwik

Agree & thank you !

Your answer provides me with insight to the fact that you have understanding & received what I posted !

Blessing of peace & love.

• Loved it! 1

39 minutes ago, Mr. M said:

The only sure and proven way to avoid offense

is to keep our mouth shut. Beyond this,

the operative word becomes patient endurance...

perseverance...long suffering...

Proverbs 17:27 He who has knowledge spares his words,
And a man of understanding is of a calm spirit.
28 Even a fool is counted wise when he holds his peace;
When he shuts his lips, he is considered perceptive.

James 3:1 My brethren, be not many masters, knowing

that we shall receive the greater condemnation.

2 For in many things we offend all.

If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man,

and able also to bridle the whole body.

9 Therewith bless we God, even the Father; and therewith curse we men, which are made after the similitude of God.

10 Out of the same mouth proceeds blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.

13 Who is a wise man and endued with knowledge among you?

let him shew out of a good conversation

his works with meekness of wisdom.

MATTHEW

CHAPTER 18

5 And whoso shall receive one such little child in my name receiveth me.

6 But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.

Woe unto the world because of offences! for it must needs be that offences come; but woe to that man by whom the offence cometh!

See " One of these little ones, WHICH BELIEVE IN ME"

• Well Said! 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,147
  • Content Per Day:  4.60
  • Days Won:  327

41 minutes ago, Keturah 123 said:

Agree & thank you !

Your answer provides me with insight to the fact that you have understanding & received what I posted !

Blessing of peace & love.

Oh Absolutely Keturah,

I think if anyone takes the time to READ what one is saying( vs " read into")..... you got your point across very well!

My pleasure talking with you!

Be Blessed❤️

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,147
  • Content Per Day:  4.60
  • Days Won:  327

11 minutes ago, Slibhin said:

Depends on if you are a xenophobic person ot not. I don't go around calling people evil or "darkness" (unless they actually are), and my friendship isn't conditional on you believing everything I do.

Hi ,I appreciate your response and I more or less feel as you do however,that wasn't really my question

The question I posted and what I'm interested to know from you is how( or if?) you believe those unequally yoked relationship affect ones Faith

I do know that also is hugely dependent on whether or not ones ":religion " (I'll say religion instead of Faith) is at the forefront - some folks have little regard for walking their talk ,I'm sure you would agree!

From my getting to know you through reading your posts it seems to me you take the do's & dont's quite seriously-eg:eating kosher foods and other Law...... Do you think unequally yoked relationships can present obstacles or be a hindrance to your own Faith?

Thanks again for your reply

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  962
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,723
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

3 hours ago, Mr. M said:

The only sure and proven way to avoid offense

is to keep our mouth shut. Beyond this,

the operative word becomes patient endurance...

perseverance...long suffering...

For a Christian to be name calling is a bit odd as a Christian should readily remember his/her own faults having fallen short of the glory of God and the mercy extended to them by God in spit eof that shortfall.

Then  the instruction given to to Christians to "walk worthy of the calling with which you were called,  with all lowliness and gentleness, with long suffering, bearing with one another in love,  endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace" should steer the heart and rule the tongue.

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,340
  • Content Per Day:  7.11
  • Days Won:  99

8 hours ago, Rosie1jack2pauline3 said:

So, when we are in fellowship, we are not required to love our neighbour?

Walking in the Spirit is how we love our neighbour, do you mean that the Lord softens our hearts, to love our neighbour?

Walking in the Spirit is life changing, we bear fruit, fruit that will last, where does that fruit come, it comes from the Holy Spirit, there is no fruit in ourselves.....walk in the Spirit...which takes time to do, as it’s the Holy Spirit at work in us that enables  us to walk in the Spirit...there is no power in us ,just be blessed and thankful that we have the power of Christ in us......who doesn’t “ ABUSE “ others.

2 Corinthians 12:9
Verse Concepts
And He has said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness.” Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me.

That wasn't implied by what I wrote in response to our sister. What I wrote is, we are not required to fellowship with our neighbor whom we love. 

We have fellowship with each other and love one another as the Lord loves us. The same Spirit dwells with both of us. :)

Oh yes, the Spirit moves us. I didn't know what the Lord meant by His commandment until a man did wicked things to me and when called upon to testify I said, "I hold nothing against him." The Lord moved me to say this, it surely wasn't myself!

I've been trying to say that we can be kind, patient, and show love for everyone no matter who they are. 

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, Slibhin said:

We don't have a concept of "unequally yoked". Jews don't believe other people need to be Jewish and there is no decree from Hashem to convert people.

Either you believe or you don't and nothing anyone else does should be able to influence you aside from a well thought out and fact supported argument.

I am not effected by other people eating bacon, wearing trashy revealing clothes or sleeping around. Only if they are encouraging me to do likewise would I reevaluate my relationship with them.

Ahhhhh but you see your words reveal more than you think.

How can one love his neighbor & condemn those who eat bacon / pork, wear trashy revealing clothes or sleep around?

But hey, I'm done. A non-responsive answer  will be ignored in my future!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,340
  • Content Per Day:  7.11
  • Days Won:  99

29 minutes ago, Rosie1jack2pauline3 said:

Right, that makes more sense, we would have a job to fellowship with them if they aren’t born again, but, we can still witness..by bearing the fruit of the Spirit....in other words let them  see “ Christ “ in us indeed,🙂

Edit to add, showing love to others, is again the work of the Holy Spirit within us, we can’t love in our own strength, as he softens our heart we learn to love others in the Lords strength....we are being sanctified daily by the Holy Spirit, who is making us into the image of Christ.

We can’t do anything outside of Christ. 

John 15:5 
New International Version
“I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.

New Living Translation
“Yes, I am the vine; you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit. For apart from me you can do nothing

Ezekiel 36:26 ESV / 344 helpful votes

And I will give you a new heart, and a new spirit I will put within you. And I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh.

Ezekiel 11:19 ESV / 163 helpful votes

And I will give them one heart, and a new spirit I will put within them. I will remove the heart of stone from their flesh and give them a heart of flesh,

Indeed! When we love our neighbor as ourselves, we are witnessing to them. We remember how the Lord gave Himself for us while we were strangers, and He claimed us while we were dead in our trespasses. You and I know all about that!

My understanding comes from the years I spent with my adopted mother. She was bitter, she railed against the Lord, and I didn't know what to do. I thought about running away! The Spirit said to me, Love her. Be patient; be kind and forgiving. Serve her as you serve the Lord. 

That's exactly what she needed. It took years of patiently enduring, but this produced fruit that was pleasing to God. Her notions about Christians and our Lord Jesus Christ were turned upside down, and it had nothing to do with me apart from being a willing vessel of the Spirit to minister to her. 

Yeah, there were a number of times when all I wanted to do was gather my things and head out on the road. It was grueling at times, dear sister. It's challenging to write about this in a way that's easily understood, but the Spirit of the Lord knows the hearts and minds, and our witness bears much fruit when we walk with Him. I can tell you that no measure of scripture had any effect upon my mother, for that bitterness arose on account of how she was treated by her Christian family and children. 

They had abandoned her to die alone. The Lord knew what she needed: He sent a servant to love her unconditionally... to stand with her when no one else would... and look after her in her illness. Ah, but when I was afflicted and started to die, she loved me unconditionally... she stood with me when no one else would... and she looked after me in my illness. I knew what the Lord had done when she said to me,

"I will never abandon you like your mother did!"

The Lord not only provided for her in her need, but He also gave her the opportunity to join herself to His will. Whatsoever she did for my sake, she did unto Jesus Christ. 

Witnessing isn't a simple affair to be sure, so I take a "shortcut" by saying, "Walk in the Spirit!" :) 

• Loved it! 2