• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,267
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

48 minutes ago, Mije said:

I got into a funk this past week and decided, ‘What the ‘blank’, I don’t care anymore and I’ll do and say whatever I want.’

Stupid, right? I felt stupid, too. But I didn’t necessarily feel like I was sinning, I just felt like I knew better and should shut the ‘blank’ up.

It's not wise to glory in past sin. Any average IQ understood the words you have "blanked" out. So you got them in anyway without breaking the rules. not cool. I do not judge you, for sure. Just offering light, Mije.. I've been there. Brother to brother.

"I don’t care anymore and I’ll do and say whatever I want.’

"But I didn’t necessarily feel like I was sinning"

You might want to think about what your saying before you click "submit reply"

• Huh?  I don't get it. 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,227
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Most words that we consider cursing are simply words that we as a society have declared not suitable to use.....     a lot of the words that most of us as cursing were acceptable common language when I was growing up.  Many are just translations of words used in scripture.

For that, I personally treat them as such.   Using the "F" or "S" word is at this time socially unacceptable, I would not call it a sin.   Not in the same class as using  God's name or position in a curse.

One does need to live by social norms, but we should be very careful of what we call "sin".

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,265
  • Content Per Day:  2.91

I joke with some people that being in field camps can be a lot like being in church. You hear a lot about Jesus and God.

• Haha 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  162
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/28/1967

3 hours ago, Sower said:

It's not wise to glory in past sin. Any average IQ understood the words you have "blanked" out. So you got them in anyway without breaking the rules. not cool. I do not judge you, for sure. Just offering light, Mije.. I've been there. Brother to brother.

So, you’re judging without judging? You’re like the morality police without the badge?

3 hours ago, teddyv said:

I joke with some people that being in field camps can be a lot like being in church. You hear a lot about Jesus and God.

What’s a field camp?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,049
  • Content Per Day:  1.61

7 hours ago, Vine Abider said:

This sounds like the perfect opportunity!  That is, you said you've tried everything . . . have you tried giving it to Him, saying something like, "Lord, I've tried everything to stop swearing and I seem to have little control.  I give this to you.  You live in me, so live through me in this matter"?  You might do that, then trust Him and remind yourself (and Him - not that He really needs reminding) that you gave it to Him.

If you don't see results right away, that's fine.  Just keep saying, "Lord, I've given this to you.  Work in me to remove it.  You get the glory. Thank You for hearing my prayer."

I completely understand your point,  but I think many people completely misuse the " giving it to God " thing as if by doing so they are absolved of any effort on their part. A holy life is ALOT of work. God doesn't just make it happen. We have to constantly try hard to remove sin in our lives.  I have tried to "give it to God" but I am still expected to do my part. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,049
  • Content Per Day:  1.61

6 hours ago, Rosie1jack2pauline3 said:

It all takes time to change and we have no better than the Holy Spirit as our helper.

I still swear, nothing like I used to...i ask the Holy Spirit to help me with it and he does, when I see a post like yours, it helps me feel not so alone, you’re honest and upfront ,I believe God likes that, let’s pray together for the Lord to rid us of this cursed and bad language, In Jesus Name, Amen!!...💗🙏

Many Christians put up a false front. We have bought into the lie that we are supposed to have it all together. But the truth is that Christians have the same struggles non believers do.  The difference is that we don't do it alone. Sadly we will let God help ( sometimes ) but we won't let our brother or sister help. James tells us to bear each other's burdens, but because we are so scared of being judged, we walk around as if we don't have the struggles everyone else does. This greatly hinders us in our walk,  since God created us for communion with him and with each other. We SHOULD be able to walk into church and admit our struggles or addictions and be swarmed by loving people who want to pray and help.  Sadly,  I've never seen such a church ( which is why I no longer attend one ). The church is supposed to be a hospital,  not a courtroom. Amen? 

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,265
  • Content Per Day:  2.91

1 hour ago, Mije said:

What’s a field camp?

Remote work camp. In my case, mineral exploration.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, TrueFollowerOfChrist said:

Many Christians put up a false front. We have bought into the lie that we are supposed to have it all together. But the truth is that Christians have the same struggles non believers do.  The difference is that we don't do it alone. Sadly we will let God help ( sometimes ) but we won't let our brother or sister help. James tells us to bear each other's burdens, but because we are so scared of being judged, we walk around as if we don't have the struggles everyone else does. This greatly hinders us in our walk,  since God created us for communion with him and with each other. We SHOULD be able to walk into church and admit our struggles or addictions and be swarmed by loving people who want to pray and help.  Sadly,  I've never seen such a church ( which is why I no longer attend one ). The church is supposed to be a hospital,  not a courtroom. Amen? 

Thank you for saying that! I joined this forum because I need someone to be able to hear me out- how sad is that?

6 hours ago, Rosie1jack2pauline3 said:

I think you have great humour, 😂you have great insight as well, on many of your posts,..you’re a real thinker,🙏💗

I am also extremely ‘blanked’ up😂😂😂

And I don’t think that is reveling in past sin (or current sin). It is just my condition and I can’t seem to change it!