• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,885
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, com7fy8 said:

Yes, God chooses people for service. 

And below we have chapter one of Ephesians which tells us about what we are chosen for >

In Ephesians 1:4 >

"He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love," > this is from the Bible I usually quote, the New King James Version, which has different wording than what Paula quotes above > but >

Both versions seem to say we are chosen to be holy and blameless before God. So, I would say, then, that being elect means being chosen to be holy and blameless before God, along with serving Him.

And for what did our Apostle Paul serve? >

"that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus." (in Colossians 1:28-29)

So, Paul was chosen for the service of ministering us to become conformed to the image of Jesus.

And God chose this before the creation of this world > for us who are His elect >

"For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren." (Romans 8:29)

And why are the elect chosen to become like Jesus?

Because Jesus is >

"elect, precious", 

we have in 1 Peter 2:6.

So, God's word says Jesus Himself is "elect" and "precious".

So, being truly elect has to do with how Jesus is and therefore Jesus is the One chosen by God . . . to serve our Father, but also because Jesus is so pleasing to our Father, being pleasing the way our Father has therefore chosen for us all to become.

And we have how the elect are chosen to relate > "as the elect of God" > Colossians 3:12-14.

And I fit this with how Jesus says for us to love one another as Jesus has loved us. 

And so, also, we are chosen to relate as the example of Jesus means.

And so, serving ministers the grace which changes us to be and to relate like Jesus, I would say. And 1 Peter 4:9-10 says every one of us can minister God's grace.

And so the serving we are chosen for will produce what is deeper than outward actions only. While we do things in God's love, the effect of God's love is spreading deeper than our outward words and actions.

"Let all that you do be done with love." (1 Corinthians 16:14)

At that time they were others who were competing and claimed that they were the elect with a lot of scriptures and Paul was trying to set the record strait...because with their arguments and the scriptures at hand they were trying to get some of their own who had joined Paul in his faith...in the faith of Jesus Christ back to the practicing of the Law and the Sinai Covenant.   

And Paul set the record strait that God's elect are those in Jesus Christ...justified and sanctified in the name of Jesus Christ....He Judge those who ones were the elect people of God and who were Justified and sanctified according to the Law of Moses or of God by the Blood of the Sacrifial animal offerings...

Paul was saying that the New has come and the old is out...and it does not have any value to God and those who claim that they are justified and sanctified according to the old that they are not accepted by God because from the beginning God looked forwards to have children justified and sanctified in Jesus Christ...

Paul also solved the mystery that Abraham is also in Jesus Christ....that he was included in Jesus Christ when Jesus Christ went to them at the time of his death...

• Interesting! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,465
  • Content Per Day:  8.06
  • Days Won:  0

7 hours ago, com7fy8 said:

Yes, God chooses people for service. 

And below we have chapter one of Ephesians which tells us about what we are chosen for >

In Ephesians 1:4 >

"He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love," > this is from the Bible I usually quote, the New King James Version, which has different wording than what Paula quotes above > but >

Both versions seem to say we are chosen to be holy and blameless before God. So, I would say, then, that being elect means being chosen to be holy and blameless before God, along with serving Him.

To be "holy and blameless before God" IS to serve Him.  Because being holy and blameless is a lifestyle and that IS service to Him.

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Content Per Day:  2.40
  • Days Won:  11

19 minutes ago, FreeGrace said:

To be "holy and blameless before God" IS to serve Him.  Because being holy and blameless is a lifestyle and that IS service to Him.

That’s what the Elect do.  But that’s not why they were chosen and elected.   

s e l a h

• Thumbs Up 1

26 minutes ago, Selah7 said:

That’s what the Elect do.  But that’s not why they were chosen and elected.   

s e l a h

Eph 1:4 says believers (us) are chosen to be holy and blameless.  We the saved are chosen to serve Him.  

• Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, FreeGrace said:

Eph 1:4 says believers (us) are chosen to be holy and blameless.  We the saved are chosen to serve Him.  

uh, nah . . . not really.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  6,596
  • Content Per Day:  12.15
  • Days Won:  31

1 hour ago, Rosie1jack2pauline3 said:

Sorry about the scripture I posted being in large print..I will make sure not to post like that again..I don’t know how to make it smaller.

@Rosie1jack2pauline3 I too have problems sometimes cutting and pasting.......:)

1 hour ago, Rosie1jack2pauline3 said:

Sorry about the scripture I posted being in large print..I will make sure not to post like that again..I don’t know how to make it smaller.

Hi, you :D

No worries!  

When you copy and then paste a scripture, maybe you could highlight the whole scripture by tapping on it a couple of times and then resize it to size 14 or 16.  Let me know if it works, okay? :)

2 hours ago, Selah7 said:

uh, nah . . . not really.

Really.

5 minutes ago, FreeGrace said:

Really.

A08EF580-0D53-4EBD-A09D-FA4C6092C1DA.gif.6a1e4bf48486f31c6d64b7526b954e32.gif

1 minute ago, Selah7 said:

A08EF580-0D53-4EBD-A09D-FA4C6092C1DA.gif.6a1e4bf48486f31c6d64b7526b954e32.gif

Kinda looks like a salute.  At ease.  :)

• Haha 1