Is it impossible NOT to judge?

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  95
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

Have you ever been in a conversation and just heard things that were beyond worldly, and just like NOPE...opting out of this discussion.

Also have y'all noticed that some non believers like to describe their sin because they think it's funny....sigh

How would you handle the above situation? I just left!

Thanks for your time!

Katrina

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,475
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, Kat70s said:

Have you ever been in a conversation and just heard things that were beyond worldly, and just like NOPE...opting out of this discussion.

Also have y'all noticed that some non believers like to describe their sin because they think it's funny....sigh

Thanks for your time!

Katrina

Hello Katrina,

Yep, all the time. We cannot isolate ourselves from the world; we are in the world but not of the world. That is another reason Christians should assemble in church, edify, and uplift one another.

I have secular hobbies and interests, such as competitive shooting matches. I cannot count the number of times competitors have used the Lord’s name in vain or flippantly. I’ll walk away from those conversations or make it known I am a Christian and find their words about my Savior offensive and hurtful.

I turn them off on social media, radio, and television and switch to something else. As you observe, many are braggarts and proud of their sins. Regrettably, I was once counted among them.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  201
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,431
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

4 hours ago, Kat70s said:

Thanks for your time!

Katrina

The Anointing (Christ) within you is reacting to their words.  This is a good thing and is registering as an offense to the Lord. If you listen to this Anointing within, you'll often get a sense of how the Lord is leading - it may be to say something in love to them or it may be to get away from them (or something else).

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

5 hours ago, Kat70s said:

Thanks for your time!

Katrina

This happens to me often. I remove myself from such conversations but if i cant i just distance myself, i dont listen, ignore and so on, try not to laugh. But sometimes i do laugh and i hate it. I asked Jesus what to do in such stuation.

The best way to get answer to such question is to ask Jesus. He will show you what is pleasing to Him.

Thanks for posting this.

Edited by Jesus...my Lord and my God
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.42
  • Content Count:  2,092
  • Content Per Day:  2.57
  • Days Won:  5

10 hours ago, Kat70s said:

Thanks for your time!

Katrina

I think I've done the same thing as you, Katrina, and I would certainly grieve in my spirit and pray for them in private afterwards. 

Nobody can become a new and holy person if they are not saved and born again in the Lord, right? It is The Holy Spirit within me Who makes me to grieve about all the evil, ungodliness and unholiness etc, but He also fills me with His love and compassion to everyone, so I can pray for everyone. 😊 It is simply amazing Grace! So, let's just pray for them! 

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.72

It depends on the circumstances,  if at work where one cannot leave, then asking them not to discuss whatever it is in one's presence can work.

Sometimes it is an opening to discuss right and wrong and to challenge them where there moral values come from.

If they are friends it can be easier to ask them to stop, they should know you are a Christian and be prepared not to talk about some subjects.

Be prepared for name calling behind your back and to your face, the world does not like light being shone on its darkness.