Vine Abider

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  0

Jesus came on a three fold mission  that we may have life through His sacrifice and save us from our sins. Second we needed the Holy spirit to be in our hearts as our teacher and guide.   That sounds simple but I'm just a simple person. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Topic Count:  158
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.80

Jesus came on a three fold mission  that we may have life through His sacrifice and save us from our sins. Second we needed the Holy spirit to be in our hearts as our teacher and guide.   That sounds simple but I'm just a simple person. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  201
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,431
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

1 hour ago, Mike Mclees said:

Yes & amen! Initial salvation is through His all efficacious atonement; the "much more" is ongoing salvation through His Spirit in us.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,400
  • Content Per Day:  12.14
  • Days Won:  31

20 hours ago, Selah7 said:

A truly ponderable question. This comes to mind.  

But He answered and said, "I was not sent except to the lost sheep of the house of Israel." Then she came and worshiped Him, saying, "Lord, help me!" But He answered and said, "It is not good to take the children's bread and throw it to the little dogs." And she said, "Yes, Lord, yet even the little dogs eat the crumbs which fall from their masters' table." Then Jesus answered and said to her, "O woman, great is your faith! Let it be to you as you desire." And her daughter was healed from that very hour.

- Matthew 15:24-28 

Such a merciful Savior we have. All those who come to Jesus Christ will be made whole and healed, just like the Canaanite lady was. To anyone that will believe in Him, Christ came to bring healing and salvation. (John 3:16)

@Selah7 Shows how much faith the woman in the passage really had, right? :)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,048
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Birthday:  07/07/1955

ADDITIONALLY 

JOHN 18:37  pilate therefore said unto  HIM  art thou a king then  JESUS  answered thou sayest that I am a king to this end was I born and for this cause came I into the world that I should bear witness unto the truth everyone that is of the truth heareth  MY  voice

ROMANS 10:17  so then faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the word of  GOD

2 TIMOTHY 2:19  nevertheless the foundation of  GOD  standeth sure having this seal  THE  LORD  knoweth them that are  HIS  and let everyone that nameth the name of  CHRIST  depart from iniquity

ACTS 3:26  unto you first  GOD  having raised up  HIS  SON  JESUS  sent  HIM  to bless you in turning away everyone of you from his iniquities 

ROMANS 10:13  for whosoever shall call upon the name of  THE  LORD  shall be saved 

MATTHEW 10:33  BUT  WHOSOEVER  SHALL  DENY  ME  BEFORE  MEN  HIM  WILL  I  ALSO  DENY  BEFORE  MY  FATHER  WHICH  IS  IN  HEAVEN

2 PETER 1:3  according as  HIS  divine power  --HATH  GIVEN--  unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness through the knowledge of  HIM  that hath called us to glory and virtue 

--1;4-- whereby  --ARE  GVEN--  unto us exceeding great and precious promises that by these you be partakers of the devine nature  --having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust--

LOVING  THE  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST  

58 minutes ago, steve morrow said:

ADDITIONALLY 

JOHN 18:37  pilate therefore said unto  HIM  art thou a king then  JESUS  answered thou sayest that I am a king to this end was I born and for this cause came I into the world that I should bear witness unto the truth everyone that is of the truth heareth  MY  voice

ROMANS 10:17  so then faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the word of  GOD

2 TIMOTHY 2:19  nevertheless the foundation of  GOD  standeth sure having this seal  THE  LORD  knoweth them that are  HIS  and let everyone that nameth the name of  CHRIST  depart from iniquity

ACTS 3:26  unto you first  GOD  having raised up  HIS  SON  JESUS  sent  HIM  to bless you in turning away everyone of you from his iniquities 

ROMANS 10:13  for whosoever shall call upon the name of  THE  LORD  shall be saved 

MATTHEW 10:33  BUT  WHOSOEVER  SHALL  DENY  ME  BEFORE  MEN  HIM  WILL  I  ALSO  DENY  BEFORE  MY  FATHER  WHICH  IS  IN  HEAVEN

2 PETER 1:3  according as  HIS  divine power  --HATH  GIVEN--  unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness through the knowledge of  HIM  that hath called us to glory and virtue 

--1;4-- whereby  --ARE  GVEN--  unto us exceeding great and precious promises that by these you be partakers of the devine nature  --having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust--

LOVING  THE  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST  

Okay . . . the point (regarding the topic)?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  358
  • Content Per Day:  0.24

Jesus unites God with humanity.  He was God and man.  He still is.  And his Spirit in us does the same thing.  Through the Spirit we have God in us.  This is the intimately close relationship between God and man that must exist for us to live eternally in the presence of God.  God's plan is perfect.  We just need to accept his loving purpose of unity with him.

John 17:11

And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Content Count:  13,207
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

On 2/18/2023 at 5:57 AM, Vine Abider said:
On 2/18/2023 at 5:57 AM, Vine Abider said:

Yesterday after our weekly fellowship breakfast, a brother asked me something that I'm still chewing on and enjoying.  He basically asked, "What did Christ come for, that is, what is the purpose of the new covenant?"  My mind went immediately to the atonement for sins.  But I had a "duh" moment when he told me, "The main reason Christ came was the Spirit."  Then he quoted Jerimiah “This shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; . . . I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts."

As said, I was like "Duh - of course!"  It's something I knew and talk about all the time - for instance the "much more" aspect of Romans chapter 5 about the indwelling Spirit Who is operating in believers mightily. But I guess I'd not really thought much about the answer to the  question asked in that way: "Why did the Messiah come?"  I'd too often stopped with the dealing with sin aspect . . . but the atonement for sin is a means to an end, that end being the Spirit coming to live in us!

The sister passage to that one in Jeremiah is Ezekiel 36:26-27, "I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; I will remove your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. And I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes and to carefully observe My ordinances." (this also shows our human spirit joined with His Spirit as per 1 Cor 6:17)

But again, I got a little clearer on what the purpose of Christ's coming was after this conversation, as I mulled over the implications.  It's really quite simple!  The Messiah came to bring in the New Covenant, and the New Covenant is about God putting His Spirit and life into us!  In order for this to happen, first the sin problem and Adam's old nature had to be dealt with.

Some other verses which came to me on this matter (which interestingly are all in John):

In Him was life, and the life was the light of men.  John 1:4

I am the resurrection and the life.  John 11:25

I am the way, the truth and the life.  John 14:6

I am come that they might have life, and have it more abundantly.  John 10:10

The words I speak to you, they are Spirit and they are life.  John 6:63

Whoever believes in me, as Scripture has said, rivers of living water will flow from within them. But this He spoke of the Spirit, whom those who believed in Him were going to receive; for the Spirit was not yet given, because Jesus was not yet glorified.  John 7:39

The water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into eternal life. John 4:14

If you love Me you will keep My commandments. And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may be with you for ever, the Spirit of reality, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you.  John 14:15-17  (BTW - I just realized that the 1st part of this passage is about keeping His commandments, and that immediately after saying that He relates it to the Spirit coming to be in us - this is how we will keep His commandments!!! :clap:)

And lastly I'll add this one from Philippians 1:19, "For I know that it will result in my salvation through your prayers and a bountiful supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ."  Okay, one more (I suspect many, many more verses could be added) from 2 Peter 1:4,  That "you may become partakers of the divine nature."

Hi VA,

Such a great topic. Now it is so wonderful to believe in the Lord and His great salvation, but we need to also understand the Father`s great purpose in all that. And that will be good for another thread. So, for this topic I will just enlarge somewhat to help us realize there is more. The question is -

"What did Christ come for, that is, what is the purpose of the new covenant?" 

Jesus was sent by the Father for MANY reasons. Here are a few.

1.     To be born a human of the nation of Israel of the tribe of Judah of the house of David.

2.     To reveal Himself as the Jew`s Messiah and thus King over the nations.

3.     To reveal His authority over demons, disease, the elements, death, etc.

4.     To confirm the promises made to the fathers. (parables)

5.     To reveal Father God.

6.     To fulfil the Law.

7.     To be Israel`s kinsman-redeemer.

8.     To be the sacrificial Lamb.

9.     To destroy the works of the evil one.

10.     To give eternal life to all who believe on Him.

(BTW if you want scriptures for some or all I will look them up.)

The purpose of the `New Covenant,` which is Jesus Himself, is manifold. (Will write on that later.)

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

When I read the title of the thread, the first thing that popped into my mind is

John 10:10
The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.

• Praise God! 1

9 hours ago, appy said:

When I read the title of the thread, the first thing that popped into my mind is

John 10:10
The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.

It is that simple - that we may have life!  He is life itself ("I am the . . . life")  His Spirit brings His life into us to make us sons with an amazing inheritance: "That you may know what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance IN the saints."  (Eph 1:18)

9 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi VA,

Such a great topic. Now it is so wonderful to believe in the Lord and His great salvation, but we need to also understand the Father`s great purpose in all that. And that will be good for another thread. So, for this topic I will just enlarge somewhat to help us realize there is more. The question is -

"What did Christ come for, that is, what is the purpose of the new covenant?" 

Jesus was sent by the Father for MANY reasons. Here are a few.

1.     To be born a human of the nation of Israel of the tribe of Judah of the house of David.

2.     To reveal Himself as the Jew`s Messiah and thus King over the nations.

3.     To reveal His authority over demons, disease, the elements, death, etc.

4.     To confirm the promises made to the fathers. (parables)

5.     To reveal Father God.

6.     To fulfil the Law.

7.     To be Israel`s kinsman-redeemer.

8.     To be the sacrificial Lamb.

9.     To destroy the works of the evil one.

10.     To give eternal life to all who believe on Him.

(BTW if you want scriptures for some or all I will look them up.)

The purpose of the `New Covenant,` which is Jesus Himself, is manifold. (Will write on that later.)

Yes & AMEN - all those things are true in Him!  And as a result of all this grand work, He now this one comes to live in us through His Spirit uniting with our spirits to make us His children, bring us into full fellowship with God and each other, and bring us into glory!  This indwelling Spirit/Comforter/Advocate has all the ability to "present you faultless before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy!"  (Jude 1:24)

Hallelujah!  :emot-highfive: