• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  95
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  117
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

How can I get THE WORD into me?  

whhat does 1 Cor 15:58 mean?

how can I become The Word of God made flesh?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

8 minutes ago, Tyler22 said:

How do you get the word in you?   Continuously read and study scripture so you can apply what you have learnt to your life.  What we take in is what we become.  But, since you capitalized "THE WORD", I have to ask if you are talking about Jesus as He is called THE WORD?

1 Corinthians 15:58 states "Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labor is not in vain in the Lord."  I'm a bit confused with your question as it is a very direct and plain verse.  Can you tell me what it is you don't understand?

As for your last question, the best we can so is be like Christ.  Jesus is the only Word of God made flesh, as He is the only begotten Son of God.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  95
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  117
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

5 minutes ago, OneLight said:

How do you get the word in you?   Continuously read and study scripture so you can apply what you have learnt to your life.  What we take in is what we become.  But, since you capitalized "THE WORD", I have to ask if you are talking about Jesus as He is called THE WORD?

1 Corinthians 15:58 states "Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labor is not in vain in the Lord."  I'm a bit confused with your question as it is a very direct and plain verse.  Can you tell me what it is you don't understand?

As for your last question, the best we can so is be like Christ.  Jesus is the only Word of God made flesh, as He is the only begotten Son of God.

In regards to the verse, does that mean everything done in the Lord is ETERNALLY not in vain?

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

1 hour ago, Tyler22 said:

In regards to the verse, does that mean everything done in the Lord is ETERNALLY not in vain?

No matter what we do, it will be tested by fire, and what stands through the fire will be turned into a reward that stays with us.  The testing is known as the Bema Seat Judgment and is found in 1 Corinthians 3:9-15

For we are God’s fellow workers; you are God’s field, you are God’s building. According to the grace of God which was given to me, as a wise master builder I have laid the foundation, and another builds on it. But let each one take heed how he builds on it. For no other foundation can anyone lay than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ. Now if anyone builds on this foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw, each one’s work will become clear; for the Day will declare it, because it will be revealed by fire; and the fire will test each one’s work, of what sort it is. If anyone’s work which he has built on it endures, he will receive a reward. If anyone’s work is burned, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire.

Works that are labeled gold, silver and precious stones will not burn.  These are the works God did through you.  The works labeled wood, hay and straw will be burned, as these are work we did, not God through us.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.72

6 hours ago, Tyler22 said:

You can't.

That is a title of Jesus, not a title or role for saved sinners.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

9 hours ago, Tyler22 said:

1. Know this first that the Holy Spirit who wrote the Bible through the writing prophets is the one to interpret the Word of God (2 Peter 1:20-21)

2. Only Jesus is the Word of God made flesh (John 1:1 / John 1:14)

If you want to become the Bible Answer Man (like the late Walter Martin) or the Walking Bible (Jack Van Impe) you have to do your homework and study the Bible itself (under the tutelage of the Holy Spirit).