IGNORED

What has gone wrong with Architecture in the United States of America ? Where is the beautiful Architecture in the United States of America ?

believeinHim

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  431
  • Topics Per Day:  0.28
  • Content Count:  3,208
  • Content Per Day:  2.08
  • Days Won:  0

What has gone wrong with Architecture in the United States of America ? Where is the beautiful Architecture in the United States of America ? 

Screenshot20230314at121425PM.jpg

Edited by believeinHim

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

America has plenty of gorgeous architecture.

Not anymore we don't. And if they don't change the laws back the way Trump tried to change them back, It will only get worse. Maybe if you are in a rich, {censored}, Neighborhood, But in older neighborhoods that are beautiful, They are older neighborhoods that are beautiful. Maybe if you live in the South, But newer buildings and newer art are not being built beautifully. My parents went to the art museum a couple years back, Which was more recently, And trust me, The newer art is not beautiful. It's not beautiful at all. 

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,398
  • Content Per Day:  12.16
  • Days Won:  31

On 3/16/2023 at 11:06 AM, believeinHim said:

Not anymore we don't. And if they don't change the laws back the way Trump tried to change them back, It will only get worse. Maybe if you are in a rich, {censored}, Neighborhood, But in older neighborhoods that are beautiful, They are older neighborhoods that are beautiful. Maybe if you live in the South, But newer buildings and newer art are not being built beautifully. My parents went to the art museum a couple years back, Which was more recently, And trust me, The newer art is not beautiful. It's not beautiful at all. 

It was Le Corbusier a century ago who popularized functionalism.....

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,020
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,312
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

I enjoy older architecture.   There was a lot of craftsmanship involved in making huge cathedrals.

Also, in Los Angeles there is a lot of beautiful Spanish and Mediterranean architecture.

I don't like the modern boxy high-rises.   There are some very different looking modern structures here like the Walt Disney Concert Hall and The Broad art museum but I still prefer beautiful older buildings.

We have some Walt Disney Mickey Mouse t~shirts from Big Lots. :DWe bought them because we don't think Walt Disney would approve is what is going on here with his business. We specifically bought them because they said, "Walt,", Disney, And not just Disney.

They are very vintage looking. I have two, and my mom has two. I have a shirt from there that says, "home body,", As well. :D

Edited by believeinHim
  • Haha 1

If we don't stop with where we are going, High rise grey boxey houses is all we are going to have left. Trump needs to be re~instated, Like in 2020. 

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,573
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

3 hours ago, believeinHim said:

If we don't stop with where we are going, High rise grey boxey houses is all we are going to have left. Trump needs to be re~instated, Like in 2020. 

Hi, You,and others too,  might enjoy reading about Trump Tower Tampa.

You will learn the secret of Trump architecture. I first learned about it  through episodes of "The Apprentice". Was an amazing to witness unfolding.

See https://www.tampabay.com/news/business/realestate/buyers-still-feel-burned-by-donald-trump-after-tampa-condo-tower-failure/2239499/

On 3/18/2023 at 6:28 AM, Debp said:

There are some very different looking modern structures here like the Walt Disney Concert Hall and The Broad art museum but I still prefer beautiful older buildings.

I recently looked up where the Monsanto house from Disneyland ended up.  -That 1957 little fiberglass shell of a structure that was  Walt's Disneyland premier example of the architecture to come to us all soon, that and people mover sidewalks.

We lived in one of those gingerbread cedar shag shingled roof doll houses being built out in Anaheim orange groves  at that time. It had everything but Snow White and the seven dwarfs in the front yard with singing blue birds. Fantasy architecture of the time.

Today  architecture renovations start at a very minimum  of $600 a square foot just to renovate and update older structures. New, wow simply for the construction of it plus land the cost is beyond thinking of in terms of per square foot. If one wants real design features throughout, just bring in the money trucks. We are talking $200,000 dollar window units  and multiple millions of dollars of marble per apartment size condo unit.

Fun stuff, but in the end it is all going to burn eh? And there will be a new heaven, and a new earth, and  a new Jerusalem. It is grand to have fun while here, but  principle focus might be best placed on our Lord and what he is building for us as a honeymoon cottage, awaiting the moment his Father approves and says  It is ready go for your bride!

Below is that futuristic Monsanto House of old.

th-2558923166.jpeg

Old  architecture was designed and built for old times. Times without air conditioning or central heat. Twelve foot tall windows one could walk through when opened at top and bottom  for circulation and to keep the mildew and mold under control. Those walk around covered patios were the only way to be halfway comfortable much  of the year. Today  not so,  and people do not want to condition twelve foot tall rooms. It is hard to meet energy efficiency standards one absolutely must comply with to get building permits with such designs. Design follows function.

Guess one could apply that statement to our own design. We are built for a function not just to look pretty.