• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,859
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, Biblican said:

Jesus said God is Spirit (singular). God is one Spirit (John 4:24).

This is not what is written in John 4:24 

Jesus also said that the Holy Spirit is God's Spirit, the "Spirit of the Father" Matthew 10:20. 

God is one Spirit,

This is not from the Bible.. 

Not from John 4:24 and not from Matthew 10:20

None of the scriptures at hand say that God is one Spirit...this statement is not in the bible...

the Holy Spirit is His Spirit. 

Where in the Bible it says that...these words also are not from the Bible .

If God is more than one spirit then that is polytheism.  Jesus' begotten soul proceeded from the Father which is the orthodox doctrine of the church  and according to Isaiah 42:1 the Father unified Himself with the Son. - Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delights; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles.  John 3:34  For he whom God has sent speaks the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him.

"The Spirit of Christ" which is mentioned in Romans 8:9, I Peter 1:11, II Cor. 3:17, Galatians 4:6,Philippians 1:19,is not a second spirit, but the Holy Spirit because again God's Spirit is the Holy Spirit as Jesus said and if we have more than one spirit associated with God we are polytheists. The Spirit of Christ is not another spirit. Jesus and the Father's Spirit are the same and is the unifying factor which makes the persons one.

This is not from scripture...it is contrary to scripture...I will get back to you on that...

The believer receives the Holy Spirit and that is "the Spirit of His Son into your hearts" Galatians 4:6. Again, Jesus said that the Holy Spirit is God's Spirit Matthew 10:20, so the Spirit of God that dwells in us and the spirit of Christ that is in us (Romans 8:9) has to be the Holy Spirit

Jesus has his own Spirit and he existed in his own Spirit the same thing for everyone of us who have our own Spirits and yet Jesus said that we are one with the Father because we are one in his name, we are one in him and because Jesus is one with the Father..without Jesus we are not in the Father...

Jesus Christ is our peace with the Father...

Jesus said if you love me and obey my commands me and the Father will make our abode in you. Or in your hearts. 

and is the vehicle through which Jesus is in the believer John 14:18.

**Ephesians 1:3,4

3 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ. 4 For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love 5 he predestined us for adoption to sonship[c] through Jesus Christ, 

**This is what John 4:24 says.

And not what you have posted and make it say.

Anyone who say that God is one Spirit stands to be corrected because Jesus did not say that. 

World English Bible
God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth."

American King James Version
God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

American Standard Version
God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship in spirit and truth.

A Faithful Version
God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and in truth."

Edited by Your closest friendnt

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  673
  • Content Per Day:  0.42
  • Days Won:  0

On 5/26/2023 at 10:27 PM, Your closest friendnt said:

None of the scriptures at hand say that God is one Spirit...this statement is not in the bible...

This is not from scripture...it is contrary to scripture...I will get back to you on that...

Jesus has his own Spirit and he existed in his own Spirit the same thing for everyone of us who have our own Spirits and yet Jesus said that we are one with the Father because we are one in his name, we are one in him and because Jesus is one with the Father..without Jesus we are not in the Father...

Jesus said if you love me and obey my commands me and the Father will make our abode in you. Or in your hearts. 

3 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ. 4 For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love 5 he predestined us for adoption to sonship[c] through Jesus Christ, 

Anyone who say that God is one Spirit stands to be corrected because Jesus did not say that. 

World English Bible

God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

A Faithful Version

If you believe that God is more than one spirit then you are a polytheist because the scriptures show very clearly that God is one Spirit. "God is Spirit" singular. If God is more than one Spirit then that is polytheism. Paul said God is one. Galatians 3:20. He is referring to the Father. Jesus said very clearly that the Holy Spirit is His Spirit in Matthew 10:20. There is more than one person, but only one spirit. God's Spirit is omnipresent and can operate as more than one, but His Spirit is never more than one. The persons of the Father and Son can make their abode in the believer through their one Holy Spirit. If you tried to convince Moses that God is more than one you would have probably been put to death at that time.  What makes Jesus God is the fact that His Spirit is God's Spirit. "I and my Father are one" John 10:30. They are one Spirit, one God with two distinct persons. If Jesus has His own Spirit apart from the Father then you are making Jesus a second God and again that is polytheism.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.79
  • Days Won:  1

Some things cannot be understood intellectually, and trying to do so destroys their true meaning which needs a different type of understanding than intellectual only.

48 minutes ago, FJK said:

Some things cannot be understood intellectually, and trying to do so destroys their true meaning which needs a different type of understanding than intellectual only.

That is why we need to stick to the scriptures for our explanations.

On 5/26/2023 at 10:27 PM, Your closest friendnt said:

World English Bible

A Faithful Version

If you believe that God is three spirits, then show me from he scriptures how those three spirits are unified. In order for them to be one God then they have to be unified.

5 hours ago, Biblican said:

If you believe that God is three spirits, then show me from he scriptures how those three spirits are unified. In order for them to be one God then they have to be unified.

I have never said anything like that to begin with...and you are not my agent and you are not authorized to make these ridiculous statements about me and I have not given you any reason to make you think like that about what I believe...this is a very serious offense and I do not forgive this kind of offenses...It is one of the most serious violations of the TOS...

If I has said anything like that you would have quote my post that say that...I say this because I did not say anything like that...remember the TOS..

This is ridiculous...What are you talking about...I have never heard this ridiculous thing before..

I stick to the scriptures and John never said anything like that ...Put down a scripture and we can discuss it..but I do not discuss what other people say about Jesus Christ..

John never said the things you say about Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit...

You are very strange you give reference to a scripture but you are not posting the scripture and you include your comments and nake it look like it is what the scripture say.. 

You have to post the scripture reference and imediatly the scripture with reference to the version of the Bible...please do so...for clarity...

Edited by Your closest friendnt

11 minutes ago, Your closest friendnt said:

I have never said anything like that to begin with...and you are not my agent and you are not authorized to make these ridiculous statements about me and I have not given you any reason to make you think like that about what I believe...this is a very serious offense and I do not forgive this kind of offenses...It is one of the most serious violations of the TOS...

If I has said anything like that you would have quote my post that say that...I say this because I did not say anything like that...remember the TOS..

This is ridiculous...What are you talking about...I have never heard this ridiculous thing before..

I stick to the scriptures and John never said anything like that ...Put down a scripture and we can discuss it..but I do not discuss what other people say about Jesus Christ..

John never said the things you say about Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit...

You are very strange you give reference to a scripture but you are not posting the scripture and you include your comments and nake it look like it is what the scripture say.. 

You have to post the scripture reference and imediatly the scripture with reference to the version of the Bible...please do so...for clarity...

Your posts seemed to indicate that you believe that God is three spirits; God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit, because when I said God is one Spirit you disagreed.

1 minute ago, Biblican said:

Your posts seemed to indicate that you believe that God is three spirits; God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit, because when I said God is one Spirit you disagreed.

I repeat to you for the last time...if I have said anything like that "quote the post"...I do not need to discuss what you think about when you read my post...because this is not what I was thinking because I have never have thought that in my life...

First time I heard a statement of this kind it is from reading your post..

Ivdo not like when anyone talks about me and what they think about me or what they think that I believe..

I am protesting , you should understand that I am extremely upset...so do not try to work around any excuses as to why because I do not discuss these things..

Please do the right thing and delete the offensive post...I do not discuss what people think about scripture...I post the scripture and say "this is not in the scripture"...

For anyone to read that for them selves. .I talked about the isuues from scripture and not about the person and his/her beliefs. 

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  782
  • Content Per Day:  1.54
  • Days Won:  1

On 5/21/2023 at 2:30 PM, Biblican said:

A human has one spirit, one soul and a body to contain then. It is the spirit that gives life to the body. If Jesus had two spirits, which one of them gave His body life?

If He had two spirits, then He could not be classified as a human because humans only have one spirit. You fail to recognize that His begotten soul unified with His body makes Him fully human. His Spirit which is God's Holy Spirit makes Him fully God.

Jesus' divinity existed from eternity within the Father, but His soul was birthed from the Father at some point in infinity, "This day I have begotten you." We do not have two coequal gods, but one God and one Son as the apostle taught, "To us there is one but one God the Father, of whom are all things, and we in Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by Him" I Cor, 8:6. This coordinates with Psalm 110:1 - The LORD said to my Lord, ..." According to the fifth council Paul would have been considered anathema. We are to follow what the apostles taught.

Again, in order for Jesus to take our sins upon Himself, His soul had to be a distinct begotten entity from the Father and unified with the Father by the Spirit making them one which we see happening in Isaiah 42:1. The councils say repeatedly that Jesus came out from the Father. That is the birth. As a human child comes out from its mother, so the Son came out from the Father and was unified with His Spirit as the scriptures support.

Repeating the same errors does not make them true.

If Christ is not God from all eternity, "from everlasting" as many translations pout it, then He is not God at all.

You are preaching a different Jesus -- or you are so badly mixed up about being a human and being God at the same time that you can't see clearly.

9 hours ago, Roymond said:

Repeating the same errors does not make them true.

If Christ is not God from all eternity, "from everlasting" as many translations pout it, then He is not God at all.

You are preaching a different Jesus -- or you are so badly mixed up about being a human and being God at the same time that you can't see clearly.

The thesis I did on the Trinity for my doctorate (which I found out I didn't need after all) was approved by a Trinitarian PHD and a Master of Divinity. The Jesus I teach is the one that is taught in the scriptures and from the scriptures. Your statement that Jesus cannot be God at all if He did not exist from all eternity is not based on scripture and by itself is illogical. Jesus and the Father are the same Spirit and Jesus always existed within the Father, but as the early councils confirmed He was brought forth from the Father at a distinct point in infinity - "This day I have begotten you." Again, if Jesus' soul/person did not have a beginning then we do not have a Father and Son, but two coequal gods and that is polytheism the concept we have to avoid. You need to understand that the principles regarding the human soul and spirit also apply to the Father and Son as the words in the original languages are used to describe them both.