• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  431
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/31/1950

On 3/22/2023 at 3:25 PM, Vine Abider said:

This morning in my "quiet time" (not always so quiet . . .) I considered what are the main facts that I should live by in this Christian life.  I came up with five facts that I can, so to speak, "take to the bank."  Here they are:

1. He loves us beyond measure!

2. He died to set us free!

3. He now lives in us!

4. My job is simply learning to let Him live and operate in and through me!

5. He will return soon in bodily form to fully manifest His kingdom on earth - with and through His saints!

PRAISE THE LORD - HE'S GOT THIS!!!  

:emot-highfive::clap::hurrah:

lovely thoughts to start a day  to build on.. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  38
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

On 3/22/2023 at 3:25 PM, Vine Abider said:

5. He will return soon in bodily form to fully manifest His kingdom on earth - with and through His saints!

That's a good one to end your list on.  Soon and very soon we're going to see the King!  (as the old chorus said) :)  

• Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  269
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,263
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

On 3/23/2023 at 2:25 AM, Vine Abider said:

This morning in my "quiet time" (not always so quiet . . .) I considered what are the main facts that I should live by in this Christian life.  I came up with five facts that I can, so to speak, "take to the bank."  Here they are:

1. He loves us beyond measure!

2. He died to set us free!

3. He now lives in us!

4. My job is simply learning to let Him live and operate in and through me!

PRAISE THE LORD - HE'S GOT THIS!!!  

:emot-highfive::clap::hurrah:

Hi VA,

How wonderful to know the love of the Lord. Thanks for sharing those wonderful truths. As to the last one, personally I am looking to be changed and meet the Lord in the air where He will take us to His own throne in the third heaven. (1 Thess. 4: 13 - 18)

There we will see Him enthroned on His own throne, (Rev. 3: 21) and praise and worship and adore Him forever. 

The Lord will then judge the world system and fallen angels. We will be part of that court. (1 Cor. 6: 2 & 3) 

regards, Marilyn.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,907
  • Content Per Day:  1.28
  • Birthday:  03/06/1952

On 3/22/2023 at 11:25 AM, Vine Abider said:

There is a scripture that says His feet shall touch the ground. So you think He will be here on earth for the 1,000 year Kingdom age? 

• Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,907
  • Content Per Day:  1.28
  • Birthday:  03/06/1952

On 3/22/2023 at 5:52 PM, AnOrangeCat said:

the Bible has suffered from translation issues

Most of the issues have to do with the original not being fully translated. Even the Hebrew Language itself contains a lot of information that people are not aware of. For example, every letter has a number value. So if two different words have the same value then their meaning is associated. 

1. אֱלֹהִים (Elohim) means "God" and has a numerical value of 86 (א=1, ל=30, ה=5, י=10, מ=40).

2. הַטֶּבַע (hatteva) means "nature" and also has a numerical value of 86 (ה=5, ט=9, ב=2, ע=70).

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  230
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

We are born from above by the Spirit and Paul instructed us to not mind the things of this earth for we were raised with Christ by the operation of God. Our position in Christ is at Fathers right hand and it can not be moved.

Col 3:1  If ye then be risen (ascended) with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. 
Col 3:2  Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. 
Col 3:3  For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
Col 3:4  When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

The main fact is the Father gave us His Son as our sacrifice and if we believe in Him we died and resurrected with Him and we ascended with Him to Glory for we are in His body. 

Col 2:12  Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead. 

Our new birth is from above and it culminates in heaven as a new creature.

Eph 2:5  Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;) 
Eph 2:6  And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus: 

Our citizenship is in heaven not of this earth. 

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,507
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

3 hours ago, JohnR7 said:

There is a scripture that says His feet shall touch the ground. So you think He will be here on earth for the 1,000 year Kingdom age? 

That is my impression - He wants to be with us and we with Him.  And it's the kingdom government under His headship, carried out through us as per Revelation 2:27, "They will rule the nations with an iron rod."

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  269
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,263
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

10 hours ago, JohnR7 said:

Hi John,

You might like to consider these points -

When Jesus was about to ascend the disciples asked Him, "Lord, will you at this time restore the kingdom, (rulership) to Israel?"  (Acts 1: 6)

Jesus said it wasn`t for them to know at that time. Then Jesus ascended from the mountain of Olives. The 2 men nearby in white said that Jesus would return the same way.

The prophet Zechariah tells us that when all the world`s armies are gathered against Jerusalem then Jesus will come to the mountain of Olives and deliver Israel. (Zech. 14: 1 - 4). Then Israel will rule over the nations.

Now, Jesus did not tell His disciples when He would come to deliver Israel because He had not as yet revealed His other purpose - the Body of Christ. When Jesus ascended and was made Head of His body then He reveals that He will come for them to the clouds and take them to His own throne to rule over all. 

Cntrysner said it well - our inheritance is in heaven.

Marilyn.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,682
  • Content Per Day:  12.15
  • Days Won:  31

On 3/24/2023 at 12:48 AM, Marilyn C said:

Hi VA,

How wonderful to know the love of the Lord. Thanks for sharing those wonderful truths. As to the last one, personally I am looking to be changed and meet the Lord in the air where He will take us to His own throne in the third heaven. (1 Thess. 4: 13 - 18)

There we will see Him enthroned on His own throne, (Rev. 3: 21) and praise and worship and adore Him forever. 

The Lord will then judge the world system and fallen angels. We will be part of that court. (1 Cor. 6: 2 & 3) 

regards, Marilyn.

Hi @Marilyn C I do think it's remarkable how the coming of the Lord which you mention is brought before us in the Lord's Supper, practised 'till He come' (1 Corinthians 11.26).

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,064
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Birthday:  07/07/1955

TRUTH  OF  JESUS  CHRIST  /  FACTS ??

HEBREWS 2:1  therefore we ought to give the more earnest heed  --- to the things which we have heard lest at any time we let them slip 

--2:2--for if the word spoken by angels was stedfast and ---every transgression and disobedience received a just reward--- 

--2:3-- how shall we escape if we --NEGLECT  SO  GREAT  SALVATION--  which  at the first began to be spoken  --BY  THE  LORD--  and was confirmed to them that heard  HIM

PROVERBS 8:17  I love those that love  ME  and those that seek  ME  early shall find  ME

--8:20-- I lead in the way of righteousness in the midst of the paths of --judgment--

--8:21--  that I may cause ---those that love me to inherit substance  ---  and I will fill their treasures--- 

JOHN 14:23  JESUS  answered and said unto him  --IF--  a man love  --HE  WILL  KEEP  MY  WORDS--  and MY  FATHER  will love him and  -- WE  WILL  COME  UNTO  HIM  AND  MAKE  OUR  ABODE  WITH  HIM--

JOHN 15:9  as  THE  FATHER  hath loved  ME  so have I loved you  --continue you in  MY  love--

--15:10--  IF  you keep  MY  commandments you shall abide in  MY  love  --  even as I have kept  MY  FATHERS  commandments  --AND  ABIDE  IN  HIS  LOVE--

2 JOHN 1:9  whosoever transgresseth and abideth not in the doctrine of  --CHRIST  HATH  NOT  GOD-- he that abideth in the doctrine of  CHRIST  he hath both  --THE  FATHER  AND  THE  SON--

--1:10-- IF there come  --any--  unto you and bring not this doctrine receive him not into your house neither bid him  GOD  speed

1 TIMOTHY 6:3  if  --any-- man teach otherwise and consent not to wholesome words  ---even the words of our  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST--- and to the doctrine which is after godliness 

--6:4-- he is proud knowing nothing but doting about questions and strifes of words whereof cometh envy strife railings evil surmisings 

TITUS 1:1  paul a servant of  GOD  and an apostle of  JESUS  CHRIST  according to the faith of  GODS  elect and the acknowledging of the ---TRUTH  WHICH  IS  AFTER  GODLINESS---

MATTHEW 9:38  PRAY  YE  THEREFORE  THE  LORD  OF  THE  HARVEST  THAT  HE  SEND  FORTH  LABOURERS  INTO  HIS  HARVEST 

LOVING  THE  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST

• Thanks 1