IGNORED

Just Coincidences? Or Time to Watch and be Ready?

The Light

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Content Per Day:  2.43
  • Days Won:  11

26 minutes ago, Selah7 said:

Who comes before the second advent of Christ?

the Antichrist 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  10,197
  • Content Per Day:  7.07
  • Days Won:  99

Beware of date-setting, my friend. Many have done this over the centuries and discovered how mistaken they were. As the scripture tells us, there's nothing new under the sun. 

I agree with our brother @Mr. M: we are to be ready at all times for, while we walk in those works Christ created us for, we will never be surprised when our Lord returns in the same manner that He ascended. 

Walking in the Spirit, we are always in the presence of God. It's true that He does not reveal everything to us for if He did, we'd go mad or even perish (I suspect both would happen). Consider Daniel, and how some of the visions which the Lord gave to him left him weak and trembling. 

Serve the Lord. Keep your heart and mind fixated upon Him. Nothing shall come to us as a surprise. :) 

• Well Said! 1

11 minutes ago, Marathoner said:

Beware of date-setting, my friend. Many have done this over the centuries and discovered how mistaken they were. As the scripture tells us, there's nothing new under the sun. 

I agree with our brother @Mr. M: we are to be ready at all times for, while we walk in those works Christ created us for, we will never be surprised when our Lord returns in the same manner that He ascended. 

Walking in the Spirit, we are always in the presence of God. It's true that He does not reveal everything to us for if He did, we'd go mad or even perish (I suspect both would happen). Consider Daniel, and how some of the visions which the Lord gave to him left him weak and trembling. 

Serve the Lord. Keep your heart and mind fixated upon Him. Nothing shall come to us as a surprise. :) 

…but we should know the season, my friend. :)

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  145
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

TPTB will do their best to hide the false prophet and two witnesses, most folks will be decieved.

• Thumbs Up 1

@Marathoner  No one knows exactly when Jesus Christ will return to end this age.  How do we know this? because Jesus Christ told us He did not even know; that only God the Father knew—however, He did say it will happen during "The Generation of the Fig Tree.”  

What was Jesus asked in Mark 13:4?  

Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign when all these things shall be fulfilled? And Jesus answering them began to say, Take heed lest any man deceive you:

- Mark 13:4-5 (KJV)

In other words, @Marathoner WHEN WILL THIS EARTH AGE END?Jesus’ answer was: Mark 13:28  Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When her branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is near: 29  So ye in like manner, when ye shall see these things come to pass, know that it is nigh, even at the doors. 30  Verily I say unto you, that this generation shall not pass, till all these things be done. 31  Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.    

s e l a h

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  145
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Didn't the the op say 75 years? Current life expectancy of a man in Israel is around 80.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,486
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, Selah7 said:

@Marathoner  No one knows exactly when Jesus Christ will return to end this age.  How do we know this? because Jesus Christ told us He did not even know; that only God the Father knew—however, He did say it will happen during "The Generation of the Fig Tree.”  

What was Jesus asked in Mark 13:4?  

Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign when all these things shall be fulfilled? And Jesus answering them began to say, Take heed lest any man deceive you:

- Mark 13:4-5 (KJV)

In other words, @Marathoner WHEN WILL THIS EARTH AGE END?Jesus’ answer was: Mark 13:28  Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When her branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is near: 29  So ye in like manner, when ye shall see these things come to pass, know that it is nigh, even at the doors. 30  Verily I say unto you, that this generation shall not pass, till all these things be done. 31  Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.    

s e l a h

I have pondered on this somewhat. The three Persons of the Trinity as One God are omnipotent, omnipresent, and omniscient (coequal).

When walking the earth, Jesus knew the thoughts and hearts of men and what the Father revealed to Him. It appears in the flesh as 100% man and 100% God, His omniscience and foreknowledge was restricted. Jesus stated that He nor the angels of heaven did not know; only the Father, seems to bear that thought out.

Now that Jesus sits at the right hand of the Father, I would suspect nothing has been withheld from Him, He is again omniscient and coequal.

All speculation on my part; what are your thoughts?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  2,078
  • Content Per Day:  1.11

Luke 21
28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Luke 21
36 Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

Coincidence #3

When what things begin to come to pass?

Luke 21
8 And he said, Take heed that ye be not deceived: for many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and the time draweth near: go ye not therefore after them.

9 But when ye shall hear of wars and commotions, be not terrified: for these things must first come to pass; but the end is not by and by.

10 Then said he unto them, Nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom:

11 And great earthquakes shall be in divers places, and famines, and pestilences; and fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven.

We have not see the false Christs of the beast of the sea and the beast of the earth. The Church will likely be in heaven before these show up as the Church will be raptured before the seals are opened.

We are definitely seeing wars and kingdoms rising against each other.

Earthquakes, yes but not like we will see shortly. I would think several massive earthquakes soon to get our attention.

Famines. We see signs of empty shelves here and there are food shortages elsewhere. Farmland being bought out. Food processing plants destroyed, chickens not laying eggs (because the feed that chickens eat has been altered?). Lack of fertilizer and changes made by governments to reduce carbon at the farm.

Pestilences. We see man made pestilences.

Are these just coincidences or are we to realize that our redemption draws nigh? Coincedence? The bride better be watching and ready.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  2,078
  • Content Per Day:  1.11

9 hours ago, Marathoner said:

Date setting? I'm just watching as instructed. Do you think that we watch and are unable to see? Why would we watch as instructed if we cannot see?

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  46
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

Hmm, 1000 years as a day to the lord, true.

Time is relative to your frame of reference. Theres a reason no one knows the day nor the hour, theres a reason this scripture was written.

Matthew 24:44

Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.

If we knew when it would make God a liar, we don't want that now do we :whistling:?

but.... I think if we want to solve this mystery we need to study three very important and unique individuals. Jesus himself, Elijah, and Enoch. By definition these men were technically raptured. :whistling:

might have to start a new thread because I understand how Elijah was able to please God to that extent but how did Enoch figure things out in such an early time, major inspirations.

Edited by Kaio-Ken
typo