• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  976
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  13,925
  • Content Per Day:  5.07
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

One might give Gerald Schroedar a read or at least a scan of his opening comments:

http://geraldschroeder.com/AgeUniverse.aspx

I suggest one should not discuss time relationship(s) without at least reading some of his works.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  233
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/20/1957

Figure of speech.  The six days of creation were definitely 24 hour days as the terms “evening and morning” indicate.

We translate the other Genesis accounts as literal days when they are mentioned.  Why would this be any different?

Literal days.  No reason to think otherwise.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  976
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  13,925
  • Content Per Day:  5.07
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Posted Gerald Schroeder's presentations in Videos Biblical topics.

If you are truly interested in the subject of time - science and Bible -I urge you include watching those videos.  

They will be an enlightenment to work on.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,265
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

"is as" that's not set in stone. There is no time there. How would you describe it today? Be like your caught up like John was and seems you were there for days yet you come back and no time had past here. How would you describe that?

In Rev His hair was as white as wool, white as snow. Just like "time" His hair was not wool nor snow but as white. Thats how they described white back then. So there is no time nor space where God is. Like when you pray for someone next door or on the other side of the world. The enemy when you pray has to listen for you have all power all authority over the enemy. To them its like your right there telling them to be quite or leave or come out in that name above ever name Yeshua/Jesus Christ. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,400
  • Content Per Day:  2.71

20 hours ago, Waggles said:

The Hebrew does not state a day as 24 hours.

The word yôm means a period of time as well as a 'day.'

Given that the Sun, the Moon and the stars were not created until the 4th "day" for the purpose of “Let there be lights in the expanse of the heavens to separate the day from the night. And let them be for signs and for seasons, and for days and years" then it is also logical that the days of Genesis are not our 24 hour days. 

The creation was in 6 periods of time in a logical order of complexities built upon previous necessary foundations.

I thought seemed possible myself. Looks like you and I are the only willing to say it is possible. I don't know which is right or wrong just was curious enough to see what others think. well it is not a topic people will talk about seems thank for your info.

11 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Posted Gerald Schroeder's presentations in Videos Biblical topics.

If you are truly interested in the subject of time - science and Bible -I urge you include watching those videos.  

They will be an enlightenment to work on.

Thank you Neighbor I will look for them.  I came across one of his videos on you tube a month ago first time I heard of it. 

13 hours ago, Neighbor said:

One might give Gerald Schroedar a read or at least a scan of his opening comments:

http://geraldschroeder.com/AgeUniverse.aspx

I suggest one should not discuss time relationship(s) without at least reading some of his works.

Thank you for the link. I had seen one of his videos on youtube that is why I was looking for more info.

• Thumbs Up 1

22 hours ago, Tristen said:

Hi NConly,

The purpose of 2 Peter 3:8-9 is to encourage and explain why God is taking longer to fulfill His promises than many believers were expecting. 

2 Peter 3:8-9
But, beloved, do not forget this one thing, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.

We are reminded in this passage that God has a much different perspective on time than we do. What we see as a long period of time, is but a moment for God. Therefore, for example, do not be discouraged when time passes without the return of Christ. For us (i.e. from our temporal perspective), it seems like a massive amount of time has passed since the promise of Christ's return was made. But from God's perspective, it feels like about 2 days ago.

There may be some hidden revelation relating this passage to the Genesis creation account - however, nothing that could be taken, or preached, dogmatically. For example, one might attribute the pattern of sixes and sevens found in Genesis (and beyond) to be prophetically applicable to the creation happening around 6,000 years ago, to be thereafter followed by a seventh, thousand-year-reign where the raptured church is at rest.

That is something interesting to discuss, meditate on, and take to God - but that relationship is not supported in scripture solidly enough for us to be insistent/dogmatic. Nevertheless, it remains, at-least, an interesting, uncanny, coincidence - worthy of consideration.

I agree with you in the quote.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  3,327
  • Content Per Day:  1.70

On 4/4/2023 at 11:47 PM, NConly said:

I am not trying to push creation time using  2nd Peter 3:8. I am asking why does that verse apply to after creation but not  apply to creation as well. I understand most think creation is 6 24 hour days. I recently ran across this  other version of creation and when I look at the 24 hour day created on the forth day which I think would start on day 5 then I see a possibility of the first 4 days w/o the sun or moon could be longer days. curious why other dont see that possibility

Why should it apply to creation.

God told us how long he took to create.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  3,327
  • Content Per Day:  1.70

On 4/4/2023 at 8:33 AM, BeyondET said:

So can adding hours to Genesis.

How is a 6 day creation adding hours to genesis?