God bless you. Have a beautiful Sunday!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

I realize that Mel did use his artistic abilities when he created the Passion, which makes me wonder how much of his artistic (extra-biblical) abilities will go into making this movie.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,127
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

1 hour ago, OneLight said:

I realize that Mel did use his artistic abilities when he created the Passion, which makes me wonder how much of his artistic (extra-biblical) abilities will go into making this movie.

I'm sure that like the first it will have some Catholic Tradition teachings in it.   From all of the interviews I've seen from it, it should be something to see.  Transitioning through the spiritual side of what happened before, during and after and aligning it up with the Physical things that happened should be something special.   We should remember that the Catholic Church accepts writings that we do not in our version of the cannon.    At 76 though I have to kind of hope I live long enough to see it.

1 hour ago, other one said:

I'm sure that like the first it will have some Catholic Tradition teachings in it.   From all of the interviews I've seen from it, it should be something to see.  Transitioning through the spiritual side of what happened before, during and after and aligning it up with the Physical things that happened should be something special.   We should remember that the Catholic Church accepts writings that we do not in our version of the cannon.    At 76 though I have to kind of hope I live long enough to see it.

Since Mel likes to use his imagination so much, I wonder what he could do with Frank Peretti's books?  Now, that would be a movie I'd love to see.  What makes me cautious with this new movie, the Resurrection, is that he will have to use his imagination to show what Jesus did for the three days he was in the grave, which is what concerns me the most.  Filling in where scripture is silent is what creates false teaching and bad theology.   If he did a Peretti novel, there would be nothing to be concerned about.

11 minutes ago, OneLight said:

Since Mel likes to use his imagination so much, I wonder what he could do with Frank Peretti's books?  Now, that would be a movie I'd love to see.  What makes me cautious with this new movie, the Resurrection, is that he will have to use his imagination to show what Jesus did for the three days he was in the grave, which is what concerns me the most.  Filling in where scripture is silent is what creates false teaching and bad theology.   If he did a Peretti novel, there would be nothing to be concerned about.

I'm not that familiar with what the RCC teaches about that, but scriptural or not it should be entertaining.  There was a lot of RCC tradition in "The Passion" but not to really mess with the overall story.

48 minutes ago, other one said:

I'm not that familiar with what the RCC teaches about that, but scriptural or not it should be entertaining.  There was a lot of RCC tradition in "The Passion" but not to really mess with the overall story.

I plan on watching it, but with caution.  I came out of the RCC early in my life but still remember what was taught to us that is not scriptural.  They are heavy on tradition, but their theology was changed by the leading of the Pope's.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,264
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  1

If he was a Mormon, it could end up as an action flick.

I plan on watching it, but with caution.  I came out of the RCC early in my life but still remember what was taught to us that is not scriptural.  They are heavy on tradition, but their theology was changed by the leading of the Pope's.

I got introduced to Father Malachi Martin while working nights and listening to Coast to Coast AM.  He was Arts Guest many times ans some nights for the entire 3 hours.   I found he actually answered his emails so we interfaced some and was extremely interesting.    He wrote several books about the inner workings of the church during the time of John Paul II.  The last one "Windswept House" covered the blood sacrifice dual ritual to install Satan as officially head of the church by several of the Cardinals.  Talking with him about the book was fascinating for he said that the book itself was all true except for the names involved.  I chatted with him a while before his death and he was working on updating "Windswept House" as a full updated non fiction.   Myself and most everyone close to him believes those dark forces had him assassinated.

Obviously I don't trust much of the RCC stuff today for that happened in 1963.  Along with the 1,500 years of theology updates, from my viewpoint its just a mess.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  201
  • Topics Per Day:  0.37
  • Content Count:  3,427
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

I keep hoping that this film will get into and show this purpose: "Unless a grain of wheat falls into the ground to die, it abides alone.  But if it dies, it brings forth many more grains."  (John 12:24) In all the crucifixion and resurrection movies I've seen, they almost always stop short of showing how Christ's life was multiplied in His believers.  If this movie can depict that clearly, it will be really something in my estimation. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  300
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

Nothing is worse than Catholicism at its worst.  But no spirituality is better than Catholic spirituality at its best.

My friend Dick was miraculously healed of torn tendons and bad arthritis in his knee by pouring water on it as a dare from the healing spring of the Virgin Mary at Ephesus, this despite his scorn for the healing efficacy of this spring.I know a Catholic who took his wife to the tomb of a Catholic saint in Italy and she was miraculously healed of her congenstive heart failure.  I'd wager you guys don't see miracles like these in your fundamentalist churches.  

btw, have your seen the "Jesus Revolution" movie?  It's based on the testimony of Greg Laurie and is largely factual about the Jesus revolution in the late 1960s and early 1970s.