IGNORED

Truth and falsity, in the Church and in your life.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.72
  • Days Won:  0

On 5/1/2023 at 5:07 PM, Arial said:

God helps those who help themselves

So are you saying we should not learn what the bible says, not learn to explain, to reason out what and why we believe or to learn what false beliefs  teach and how to counter them.

I hope you are not saying that we should let go and let God, teach us, train us, provide for us etc.

For Paul talked about training like an Olympic athlete, or being a fully trained and equipped  soldier,  both of those mean very hard work over a long period of time.

Paul talks about training g, not sitting back waiting for the spirit to speak.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  334
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  1

8 minutes ago, Who me said:

So are you saying we should not learn what the bible says, not learn to explain, to reason out what and why we believe or to learn what false beliefs  teach and how to counter them.

Since you only quoted what I said was not in the Bible, therefore making it look like that is what I said, let me clarify so no one will be confused by that. That saying is not in the Bible though it is often said to be. It is attributed to Ben Franklin.

No that is not what I am saying, not even close. God is sovereign but man also has responsibility to God. The two run side by side, and one does not cancel out the other. The question is who are we trusting? Our efforts and or stuff or God who gives what is good? Do we pat ourselves on the back or thank God?

13 minutes ago, Who me said:

I hope you are not saying that we should let go and let God, teach us, train us, provide for us etc.

For Paul talked about training like an Olympic athlete, or being a fully trained and equipped  soldier,  both of those mean very hard work over a long period of time.

Paul talks about training g, not sitting back waiting for the spirit to speak.

Our training and our teaching comes from God and is found only in His word. How else are we to know? It does not come by osmosis, it comes by our due diligence in pursuing God. Our responsibility.

For example in the wisdom literature in scripture such as Proverbs, Eccl., and many of the Psalms we learn how to live wisely and govern ourselves and our affairs with wisdom. This wisdom is an attribute of God and He graciously gives it to us. God is the source of all that is and all that we have. He is the giver, He is the one who has it to give. When you go to work and are compensated for that work so that you can take care of yourself and family---that is the means by which God is providing for you. Etc., etc.

We are created to work. It was meant to be a pleasure and not a drudgery but that is our fault that the ground is cursed with thorns and thistles. We do what needs to be done.

As for sitting back and waiting for the Spirit to speak---that in itself is a false teaching. The Holy Spirit speaks to us through His word. Have you never heard how David spoke to God and how well and accurately he knew Him? "Lead me in paths of righteousness." "Lead me in the way that I should go." "Make my paths straight before me." "Create in me a clean heart." David knew what He needed most, he knew who had it to give, and he knew what to ask for." "Seek ye first the kingdom of heaven and all these things will be added to you," Jesus says. What things? The things He told us not to worry about.

David ask for  deliverance from his enemies, always went to God for help, but most of the time he was praising God and asking for things that were a praise to Him---spiritual things that only God can give. He trusted God implicitly even knowing it was Him who trained his hands for war. And though he did the fighting---as Israel always did, he knew it was only God who could deliver him, and that it was God who did deliver him.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  956
  • Content Per Day:  2.40
  • Days Won:  1

On 4/29/2023 at 7:32 AM, FJK said:

We are presented with an endless amount of falsity disguised as Truth in today's world, both in our individual lives and in our Churches with much, maybe most, of it presented so subtly that it slips past our conscious awareness of it and become a part of our thinking and our lives without our even realizing it.

So my question is:  Without going into an endless quotation of scripture you have already learned from, how do you as a practicing Christian, in your personal life, discriminate Truth from Falsity?  How do you actually do it, how do you determine what things and thoughts you find acceptable and unacceptable to be allowed to become a part of your life?

Trust Jesus Christ to be your own personal Good Shepherd & Friend to help you to follow Him in proving all things by the meat of scriptures as kept by the KJV in abstaining from all appearances of evil.

Of course, He will have to confirm His words to you in the KJV when you find yourself unable to correct false teachings because the messages have been changed in modern Bibles whereas in the KJV, you may find with His help, it has not been changed.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  908
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,652
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

On 4/29/2023 at 6:32 AM, FJK said:

We are presented with an endless amount of falsity disguised as Truth in today's world, both in our individual lives and in our Churches with much, maybe most, of it presented so subtly that it slips past our conscious awareness of it and become a part of our thinking and our lives without our even realizing it.

So my question is:  Without going into an endless quotation of scripture you have already learned from, how do you as a practicing Christian, in your personal life, discriminate Truth from Falsity?  How do you actually do it, how do you determine what things and thoughts you find acceptable and unacceptable to be allowed to become a part of your life?

1 Corinthians 13:12 (KJV)
12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

Deception, my friend, is as old as Eden (Genesis 3) and is not only recent.

Jesus and the Apostles warned of deception.

This is a fallen world filled with sin natured human beings typically in a state of denial over our sin nature.

We feign championing fairness and justice...

Human justice / fairness was on pinnacle display on Calvary's hill where the Holy One of Israel,

fairest of the fair, righteousness personified, the ultimate innocence...

was crucified at the hand of the peoples of all nations he came to save

between two thieves

while Barabbas (a murderer) was set free.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  908
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,652
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

To answer your question, live by the Spirit.

Seek his guidance (John 16:13) especially in

biblical interpretation (2 Peter 1:20-21) testing always

by the scripture (Acts 17:11) what you think is the Holy

Spirit is actually Him (1 John 4:1).

And confess your failures to Him (1 John 1:9 / Psalm 51:4)

WHEN you fail to follow Him and His guidance.

And pray for others to do the same.

For their misguidance and sin can and will affect your life.

Till heaven and earth merge at last and we are all safely in

eternity with Christ... this is the world and condition we live in.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.72
  • Days Won:  0

On 5/6/2023 at 3:39 PM, Arial said:

, it comes by our due diligence in pursuing God. Our responsibility.

Whole heartedly agree but with the addition that our due diligence is in learning from other Godly men, otherwise you have people constantly reinventing the wheel.