IGNORED

Test the Spirits,can Christians be deceived? ( Lets study this together with situations from our own life..

angels4u

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,400
  • Content Per Day:  12.14
  • Days Won:  31

On 6/22/2023 at 7:16 PM, Philologos said:

Most deception is self-inflicted. We want so much to believe things in a certain way, we’ll devote ourselves to a guy who seems sincere or can sound like he really knows what he’s talking about. 
if the ‘elect’ are deceived, it’s most likely to come from the pulpit- if the people we devote ourselves to are deceived by the chaotic amount of conflicting truths, doctrines, and theological philosophies, they will lead us into that same deception. 

Pastors don’t know how to test the spirits, so they can’t teach us, so we’re helpless against deception unless we are actively engaged with the Spirit of God & depend on Him to help us see.

Shows how important it is to weigh everything said in the pulpit against Scripture...

1 minute ago, Hopefully said:

I am still learning and will always be. I am just very careful about whom I learn from.

@Hopefully Well, none of us should stop learning, right?

"But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen." (2 Peter 3.18).

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,323
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  5

Just now, farouk said:

"But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen." (2 Peter 3.18).

Amen

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Hopefully said:

Amen

@Hopefully Indeed.......... :)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  107
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, farouk said:

Shows how important it is to weigh everything said in the pulpit against Scripture...

I agree. Too many believers don’t know what to do when they hear something amiss… which begs the question, “once I hear error at the pulpit, what do I do?” 

Do I choose to become like-minded and accept this from my shepherd to avoid conflict?

Do I ignore it and hope everyone else was asleep when it was said? 

Do I leave the church & take my family with me?

Do I confront the pulpiteer?

Do I stand up from the back row (as a visitor) and correct the speaker in front of his flock?

I’ve done all of this, and not for any small thing…
Needless to say, I don’t go to church anymore and I have no Christian friends, and- my son and I may never be close again, but only because I didn’t discern the spirits correctly. 

Edited by Philologos
Grammar

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  873
  • Content Per Day:  0.46

On 5/5/2023 at 8:33 AM, angels4u said:

I fully agree,what ways doo you believe they use to atract the larger crowd and why do we have to be careful with accepting what they teach?

I'm not in slandering churches  but do you have a couple preachers in mind who are false shepherds?

We're living in days that we have to expose false teachers ,the enemy will lead people to hell with flattering words.. ?

We should be able to hear our Shepherd's voice so we are not taken the wrong way by obviously wrong leaders.

But perhaps we need to be more attentive to how we can fool our own selves with people who are God's children.

One way is to make a project of comparing ourselves with other groups, then congratulating ourselves in comparison with wrong people . . . while not being at least so attentive to evaluating our own selves in comparison with Jesus and how He says to love.

"For we dare not class ourselves or compare ourselves with those who commend themselves. But they, measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise." (2 Corinthians 12:10)

A group of people can get inbred with their own things, while looking down on others who could be really wrong people.

I won't say Andy is wrong, but it seems a number of TV people give too much attention to you an individual controlling what you do, and to God blessing you and helping you with problems in your own life. All this can be Biblical, but can have you being self-centered and not giving attention to how God has our character becoming so we are pleasing to Him like Jesus and loving like Jesus.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,428
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

On 6/22/2023 at 7:16 PM, Philologos said:

Most deception is self-inflicted. We want so much to believe things in a certain way, we’ll devote ourselves to a guy who seems sincere or can sound like he really knows what he’s talking about. 
if the ‘elect’ are deceived, it’s most likely to come from the pulpit- if the people we devote ourselves to are deceived by the chaotic amount of conflicting truths, doctrines, and theological philosophies, they will lead us into that same deception. 

Pastors don’t know how to test the spirits, so they can’t teach us, so we’re helpless against deception unless we are actively engaged with the Spirit of God & depend on Him to help us see.

Believers will follow or lean on teachings of pastors and theologians that they themselves are inclined to believe or base their theology.

For example 1 Timothy   Paul addresses what characteristics women should have in the Church and in general life.   Till today,  there are conflicting beliefs on if women should allowed to be a pastor.   Though it is not a salvation issue, it still bring contentions, that cause a believer to choose which type of Church he/she will attend. 

Seducing spirits are very real, and many who believe that signs and wonders are for the Church today, can be mislead. These are spiritual issues that is not seen by the eyes usually, but play upon the believer senses, mind, emotions and will.   

Also, tongues, prophecy, slain in the spirit and all these spiritual aspects of the Christian world , which is included in the bible in verses we can't deny is how each believer would base their following.  It is up to ever believer to come to his conclusion on what he accepts as the truths he sees in the bible.  How does he do this is a question to be answered ?. Many can give their inputs for that.

We know satan is the arch deceiver, very clever and cunning.  In our own will, we cannot win against him, it is by the spirit of the living God, we have to depend on for our guidance, strength and go in to battle with the attributes that the Lord has left with us. Never will I leave you nor forsake you, says the Lord.

Edited by warrior12