IGNORED

613 Laws : We Read in the New Testament about Sins that will Keep Us from Heaven : How do those Sins connect to the 613 Laws?

LiveWire

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,628
  • Content Per Day:  1.15
  • Days Won:  0

6 minutes ago, Daniel Marsh said:

Bottom line, if one puts themselves under the law, they have forfieted Salvation in Jesus. 

Very, very true!!  Great post!!!  I wish that more people would understand this fundamental principle!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,347
  • Content Per Day:  2.75

1 hour ago, Tony the student said:

This is what Jesus taught me regarding the Law of Father God.

The Law governs the life of the believer; however, Salvation and Eternal Life in Father, Son, and Holy Spirit is by Faith in God's Messiah, who is Christ Jesus.

For example, if I love my neighbor, then I will reveal Christ's laws to my neighbor.

I will tell my neighbor (because I love him) there is only One God, the Holy One of Jacob and His Son Jesus.

Because I love Jesus and want to reveal love to my neighbor, I will not lie to my neighbor. I will not cheat my neighbor. I will not bear false witness against my neighbor. I hope you see how Jesus revealed love by obeying and applying Father's commandments into His Own Life.

I agree that a Christian should do those things as you point out and a few other things. Going by Eph 2:15 and Acts 15: 20 I see these two verses saying we are not required to follow old law as Israel was required to. By faith we do a lot of things that are in the old law without the requirement.

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,596
  • Content Per Day:  12.15
  • Days Won:  31

6 hours ago, NConly said:

I agree that a Christian should do those things as you point out and a few other things. Going by Eph 2:15 and Acts 15: 20 I see these two verses saying we are not required to follow old law as Israel was required to. By faith we do a lot of things that are in the old law without the requirement.

@NConly Interesting passages there. Hebrews 7 is another chapter where it's clearly seen that the NT believer is not under the law in the OT sense.

• Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, farouk said:

@NConly Interesting passages there. Hebrews 7 is another chapter where it's clearly seen that the NT believer is not under the law in the OT sense.

I realize many Christians say NC believers are required to follow he Law. Maybe I should say God/Jesus wants us to live in that manner but it is not required by law imo.  Ill reread Heb 7 Thanks

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  302
  • Content Per Day:  0.47

19 hours ago, Daniel Marsh said:

Bottom line, if one puts themselves under the law, they have forfieted Salvation in Jesus. 

Jesus commanded people to love God and their neighbour as the whole of the law. That's not the Mosaic 600+ laws about hygiene, what animals to eat, what clothing to wear, how to do material things of various kinds etc. etc.  

Can you explain please how the 2 commandments that are the most important, according to Jesus and Paul, can cause the loss of salvation?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,714
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

On 5/12/2023 at 12:14 PM, JimmyB said:

Christians are governed (internally) by the Holy Spirit, not externally by a set of written rules.  One is either guided by the law or by the Holy Spirit.

Yes and no...the Holy spirit does guide us but only inline with the scriptures. If you feel a spirit guiding you to do something contrary to scripture, then it isn't the Holy Spirit.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,005
  • Content Per Day:  0.63

'Circumcise therefore the foreskin of your heart, and be no more proud. ...
Love ye therefore the stranger; because you were strangers in the land of Egypt.'
Deuteronomy 10:16-19 [Exodus 23:4-5,9 Leviticus 19:17-18,33-34]

'Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you,
do you even so to them, for this is the law and the prophets'
Matthew 7:12

'For he is not a Jew which is one outwardly...
circumcision is that of the heart.'
Romans 2:28-29

'For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, thou shalt not kill,
thou shalt not steal, thou shalt not bear false witness,
thou shalt not covet, and if there be any other command,
it is summed up briefly in this saying, namely,
thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.
Love works no ill to his fellow man,
therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.'
Romans 13:9-10

• Thumbs Up 1

Rom 11

6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

Grace is good will toward others without a law requirement.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,628
  • Content Per Day:  1.15

2 hours ago, The_Patriot21 said:

Yes and no...the Holy spirit does guide us but only inline with the scriptures. If you feel a spirit guiding you to do something contrary to scripture, then it isn't the Holy Spirit.

Agreed.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  392
  • Content Per Day:  0.97

On 5/12/2023 at 3:34 AM, ChristB4us said:

My Dad that had told me at one time that he was reading that Lost Books of the Bible of mine and the Lord chastened him to read the Bible that he has available that he has not been reading.  He had thrown my book out.  I did not know he had gotten a hold of it and yet felt inclined to tell me that.  I was not upset because I did not value it either.

Just trust the Lord Jesus Christ to direct you away from vain & hollow pursuit, especially when it may lead you away into error.

The House of the Lord is where we shall see the beauty of the Lord in Heaven and in that House of the Lord, we shall enquire in His Temple.  

Palm 27:4 One thing have I desired of the Lord, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord, and to enquire in his temple. 5 For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock. 6 And now shall mine head be lifted up above mine enemies round about me: therefore will I offer in his tabernacle sacrifices of joy; I will sing, yea, I will sing praises unto the Lord. 7 Hear, O Lord, when I cry with my voice: have mercy also upon me, and answer me. 8 When thou saidst, Seek ye my face; my heart said unto thee, Thy face, Lord, will I seek.

I do not see the Heavenly Temple as the Lord Himself when we were created in His image. 

I know our bodies are the temples of the Holy Spirit, but for us to enquire of the Lord in His Temple in that House of the Lord,  the Lord is not confined to that Temple as being that Temple in the House of the Lord.  Unless the Father is there.

We prophesy in part and know in part, but once He brings us Home by His Son, we shall know all things face to face.

What God had specific for Dad was for your dad and No One Else!

I do what God tells me, not what God told my dad or told my Grandfather.   I use their words as guides and advice, but God leads me how He chooses.   And No One else will follow my same footsteps.    You are stuck on man made Tradition.   Doing what Dad said God said to him.  Jesus warned us about that!