Arial

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  334
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  1

Our greatest joy when getting to heaven, be it through death or at His second coming, will be to see our Lord face to face and to worship Him without the fetters of our fallen nature impeding us, but rather with a glorified fully sanctified body and mind. Next on the list for most of us is probably to see again our loved ones who have fallen asleep in Christ. (I also have a hope that I will see my pack of 30 dogs  my lifetime of dogs bounding towards me!) I also look forward to meeting those I never knew, those Scottish ancestors that have past their fighting blood onto me. I have other nationalities in me, but it is with the Scots that I most identify.

I recently began reading a book on the Scottish Reformation.  At the very beginning of his book "The Story of the Scottish Reformation"  A.M. Renwick says this;"During long years the people (of Scotland) had struggled for liberty. To them independence was something of priceless value. Racially, they were a mixture of brave and individualistic Celts; from Norsemen who had the fearless blood of the sea rovers in their veins; from Saxons, many of whose ancestors came to Scotland because they hated Norman feudalism. This freedom loving people reacted strongly when they realized the spiritual bondage in which they had been held by the Roman hierarchy."

Give me liberty or give me death was the cry of my heart as a youth and still is in many ways. But before the new birth it shaped itself in rebellion and going my own way. Now it shapes itself to stand at arms for the gospel and the liberty that is in Christ. This fighting for freedom spirit of the Scot is aptly summed up in this video. Enjoy.

youtube.com/watch?v=8Ka9QoTiwys

Edited by Arial
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.54
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

6 minutes ago, Arial said:

Our greatest joy when getting to heaven, be it through death or at His second coming, will be to see our Lord face to face and to worship Him without the fetters of our fallen nature impeding us, but rather with a glorified fully sanctified body and mind. Next on the list for most of us is probably to see again our loved ones who have fallen asleep in Christ. (I also have a hope that I will see my pack of 30 dogs  my lifetime of dogs bounding towards me!) I also look forward to meeting those I never knew, those Scottish ancestors that have past their fighting blood onto me. I have other nationalities in me, but it is with the Scots that I most identify.

I recently began reading a book on the Scottish Reformation.  At the very beginning of his book "The Story of the Scottish Reformation"  A.M. Renwick says this;"During long years the people (of Scotland) had struggled for liberty. To them independence was something of priceless value. Racially, they were a mixture of brave and individualistic Celts; from Norsemen who had the fearless blood of the sea rovers in their veins; from Saxons, many of whose ancestors came to Scotland because they hated Norman feudalism. This freedom loving people reacted strongly when they realized the spiritual bondage in which they had been held by the Roman hierarchy."

Give me liberty or give me death was the cry of my heart as a youth and still is in many ways. But before the new birth it shaped itself in rebellion and going my own way. Now it shapes itself to stand at arms for the gospel and the liberty that is in Christ. This fighting for freedom spirit of the Scot is aptly summed up in this video. Enjoy.

youtube.com/watch?v=8Ka9QoTiwys

My apologies. I could not get the video to post. Help?

Videos are only to be placed in the area for that purpose. The reason for this is so that they can first be reviewed by staff before being made visible. Please edit the link and then post it here--below.

They are not to exceed 20 minutes.

https://www.worthychristianforums.com/forum/122-biblical-topics/

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

I do like the bagpipes and song, and also the history of Scotland, but that is not what the song is about and the combination of the two doesn't sit right with me.  That's just my personal opinion.

• Thumbs Up 1

26 minutes ago, OneLight said:

I do like the bagpipes and song, and also the history of Scotland, but that is not what the song is about and the combination of the two doesn't sit right with me.  That's just my personal opinion.

Well we are all entitled to those. Sorry it didn't strike you the way intended. I simply see that same fighting for liberty and independent spirit that the Scots brought to their Reformation. The Roman church was brutal in their attempted spiritual submission of them and many died in that fight. And they fought it also in the political arena as the Roman church and the state were joined. If Scotland did not gain their independence from Roman church controlled countries they would also be denied access to their liberty in Christ.

You know, many of those Scots emigrated to the US and fought here to gain our independence from England, which also gave us freedom of religion and separation of church and state. (Which does not mean to mention of God in the schools, no crosses displayed on public buildings, etc., but rather no religious affiliations  imposed by the government.)

Edited by Arial
  • Well Said! 1

3 hours ago, Alive said:

Videos are only to be placed in the area for that purpose. The reason for this is so that they can first be reviewed by staff before being made visible. Please edit the link and then post it here--below.

They are not to exceed 20 minutes.

https://www.worthychristianforums.com/forum/122-biblical-topics/

Why does my content need to be approved and how long does that take?

Its not you, its anything posted in this area…its set up that way so videos can be reviewed, as mentioned earlier. This place is not really meant for discussion.

• Thumbs Up 1

To be clear, its the way the forum software has been set up.

Sorry… to answer. When ever a staff member has the time and opportunity.

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Content Count:  6,946
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

1 hour ago, Arial said:

Why does my content need to be approved and how long does that take?

Imagine the mess if the video section wasn't screened and monitored. @OneLight has reservations about your video's dubbing, so the content rather than the music is the issue.  

9 hours ago, Alive said:

To be clear, its the way the forum software has been set up.

Thanks. I'm not complaining. Just wanting it clarified. I also apologize for leaving it in the other thread after I figured out how to post the video (each site is slightly different). I had not read your instructions that it goes in a different thread and signed out as soon as I got it to "work." Thanks for moving it for me.