IGNORED

Why even care if another is Calvinistic, Arminian or Whatever?

Vine Abider

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.48
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

Its interesting that across the internet, many folks attribute to Arminius things that are not factual. So there is much misunderstanding.

The following something Arminius actually wrote and there is much more.

Its good to go to the source--isn't it.

Arminius:Disputation 11; Sections 7 and 8

VII. In this state, the free will of man towards the true good is not only wounded, maimed, infirm, bent, and weakened; but it is also imprisoned, destroyed, and lost. And its powers are not only debilitated and useless unless they be assisted by grace, but it has no powers whatever except such as are excited by Divine grace. For Christ has said, "Without me ye can do nothing." St. Augustine, after having diligently meditated upon each word in this passage, speaks thus: "Christ does not say, without me ye can do but Little; neither does He say, without me ye can do any Arduous Thing, nor without me ye can do it with difficulty. But he says, without me ye can do Nothing! Nor does he say, without me ye cannot complete any thing; but without me ye can do Nothing." That this may be made more manifestly to appear, we will separately consider the mind, the affections or will, and the capability, as contra-distinguished from them, as well as the life itself of an unregenerate man.

VIII. The mind of man, in this state, is dark, destitute of the saving knowledge of God, and, according to the Apostle, incapable of those things which belong to the Spirit of God. For "the animal man has no perception of the things of the Spirit of God;" (1 Cor. ii. 14 in which passage man is called "animal," not from the animal body, but from anima, the soul itself, which is the most noble part of man, but which is so encompassed about with the clouds of ignorance, as to be distinguished by the epithets of "vain" and "foolish;" and men themselves, thus darkened in their minds, are denominated "mad" or foolish, "fools," and even "darkness" itself. (Rom. i. 21, 22; Ephes. iv. 17, 18; Tit. iii. 3; Ephes. v. 8.) This is true, not only when, from the truth of the law which has in some measure been inscribed on the mind, it is preparing to form conclusions by the understanding; but likewise when, by simple apprehension, it would receive the truth of the gospel externally offered to it. For the human mind judges that to be "foolishness" which is the most excellent "wisdom" of God. (1 Cor. i. 18, 24.) On this account, what is here said must be understood not only of practical understanding and the judgment of particular approbation, but also of theoretical understanding and the judgment of general estimation.

• 3 months later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,562
  • Content Per Day:  12.11
  • Days Won:  31

On 6/9/2023 at 12:42 AM, Keturah 123 said:

@Arial I agree IT IS ABOUT DOCTRINE, THEOLOGY DIVIDES!

What is the doctrine of Christ you ask. It is NT and is not by private interpretation 

2 JOHN CHAPTER 1 KJV

7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh.This is a deceiver and an antichrist.8 Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward.  9.Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth NOT in the doctrine of Christ, HATH NOT GOD. He that abideth in the doctrine of CHRIST, he hath both the Father and the Son .  10.If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:

1 CORINTHIANS 14:26

"How is it then, brethren? when ye come together, every one of you hath a psalm, hath a doctrine, hath a tongue, hath a revelation, hath an interpretation. Let all things be done unto edifying."

2 TIMOTHY KJV 3:16

"All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:"

There are many principles of Christ

Some Principles of the Doctrine of Christ,  foundation, ( Jesus D,B R) building blocks,(commandments,statues, standards)knowledge, (study& right division, context) understanding,(revelation by the Spirit, harmony of the scripts ) wisdom.(When & with whom to apply knowledge & understanding) Think of revelatory truth. 

The Spirit of God leads into ALL truth, man leads only in their own  understanding, which causes division of the " isims! 

@Keturah 123 Scriptural doctrine is indeed searching. We were looking at those words in 2 John just recently.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  961
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,701
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

If God wanted as many rules about Him as man makes up in his behalf  I do think he would have clearly stated those rules so that man would not have to do so for Him .

• Well Said! 1